Any news about RE2?

Tools    

ive been waiting for some new news/trailer about this movie but its been really quiet. If anyones heard anythin by all means share.

Heres a link to a trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...il_apocalypse/

saw this one (teasers been around for awhile) thanx though

I hear it's supposed to hit sometime in the fall. I like the resident evil movie series a lot but i reccomend to anyone to watch the original's first. If you've ever watched George Romero's, you'd see quite early on that almost ever scene in Resident Evil was stolen from his movies. Too many, I suppose. It was good though because it remained faithful to the rules Romero made in his dead trilogy. I'm personally looking more forward to Romero's fourth movie which hasn't been able to leave pre-production. That movies is just gonna be nuts. That's a movie to see if you like this sort of thing. You guys 'll know when it's gonna come out. It'll be all over this forum.

In the Beginning...
While I'm expecting that this film will suck (yet secretly hoping that it won't), I do have to say that I am pleased with Sienna Guillory's look as Jill Valentine. She looks like she is straight out of RE3 (with the blue tube-top, miniskirt, and sweater), and that's a rare thing to see in a film. Hopefully, the acting will be believable this time around.

Oh, and Zack Ward (of Scut Farkus fame) is in it!

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
If you've ever watched George Romero's, you'd see quite early on that almost ever scene in Resident Evil was stolen from his movies.
Interesting...since George Romero was hired to write the script but then Capcom fired him because his script was a rehash of his earlier movies. That's why they stuck with Paul Anderson.

ive noticed small things Paul Anderson ripped off from George, the first easy identifiable one is at the end of the 1st when Alice is walking through the strts and passes by a newspaper that says "The Dead Walk"

With RE being a zombie movie as well, there are bound to be some similarities. However, where they're taking it is totally different.

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
ive noticed small things Paul Anderson ripped off from George, the first easy identifiable one is at the end of the 1st when Alice is walking through the strts and passes by a newspaper that says "The Dead Walk"
Small things? I've never seen such a rip-off in any movie of any genere ever. There's a lot more things they ripped off to but, eh. And the reason why Romero was fired was not because it was too much like his other movie but because it was too close to the videogame. He had all the original character's and everything. Personally, I would've liked it if they stuck closer to the game but what are you gonna do with hollywood. It was a good movie though arguably. and I'll definitely see the new one.

Actually that newspaper thing was a reference or "homage", as you'd call it, to Romero's movies.

Also, if you've read Romero's script, it seems so dull, flat, and way too predictable. Where's the shock-value if everyone's going to know beforehand that Wesker's going to betray them all? Who would want to see a movie onscreen that's practically almost identical to what they've been playing for hours on their PS2 or Gamecube?

And really, where in the games was Chris Redfield a Mohawk Indian?

And this is a zombie-genre for the love of god. How else do you make them any different than having the undead walk around feasting on human flesh? That's like saying that every single vampire movie ever made were rip-offs of each other. And where in Romero's original movies did they have Umbrella, T-virus, lickers, The Hive, and all of the sorts? Hmm...I guess it doesn't.