Oppenheimer is neither Nolan's best or worst film

Tools    

It's pretty secure in the bottom mid tier of his films he claims as his cinematic offspring.

Oppenheimer threads are cluttering everything here like radioactive waste...

One could easily say it's the best movie about Robert Oppenheimer that has ever been made; likewise, one could easily say that it's the worst movie about Robert Oppenheimer that's ever been made.

It's all... relative

Apparently the most controversial opinion I can post about this movie would be that it's just pretty good.
Or pretty bad. Who knows.

I was cross cutting thoughts of making snacks and toast while also thinking about other things while reading everyone's responses in this thread and thinking about them.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Or pretty bad. Who knows.
Schrödinger's Oppenheimer

It's pretty secure in the bottom mid tier of his films he claims as his cinematic offspring.
You must've read my mind because I swear I was going to make an Oppenheimer thread today, with a poll with only two questions: I liked the movie or I disliked the movie.

I wanted to know how the MoFos felt about the movie. Now it's probably too late to do that. What do they say about the best laid plans of mice and men...think I'll go eat some cheese

You must've read my mind because I swear I was going to make an Oppenheimer thread today, with a poll with only two questions: I liked the movie or I disliked the movie.
Those questions are needlessly reductive imho. I liked some parts of the movie (some performances and technical credits) while not caring all that much for Nolan's writing and directing.

Those questions are needlessly reductive imho. I liked some parts of the movie (some performances and technical credits) while not caring all that much for Nolan's writing and directing.
Tell that to Siskel and Ebert who used thumbs up or thumbs down for the movies they reviewed on their TV show. Anyway like you said it's your opinion, my opinion differs....considerably.

Tell that to Siskel and Ebert who used thumbs up or thumbs down for the movies they reviewed on their TV show.
We're not doing a TV show here, hence no need to be needlessly reductive

Also, Siskel and Ebert are both dead, hence no way for me to tell them anything, anyway

We're not doing a TV show here, hence no need to be needlessly reductive
Your constant debating every little thing other people say, is a bore. You have ZERO credibility with me after you claimed you were in a 8.7 earthquake and when asked about it failed to answer...You remind me of Corax. Goodbye.