Animal stories, photos, movies, books. Feel good stuff.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
"Poor dog"?!! Poor tech!
She was like Stewie Griffin riding around the house on Brian during the family fight.

I just posted a great abuse-survival story on the regular "Pets" thread. Didn't seem appropriate for this one, but definitely worth a read!

I just posted a great abuse-survival story on the regular "Pets" thread. Didn't seem appropriate for this one, but definitely worth a read!
Yeh I saw that. Unrecognisable. I havent responded yet because I flipped out a bit. Bless the vet and nurses for doing such a great job.

Is that your clinic? I love the vet's name - Dr Love. Too sweet. Beautiful little cat.

Is that your clinic? I love the vet's name - Dr Love. Too sweet. Beautiful little cat.
Yes. It was a long time before I could hear Dr. Love's name without hearing KISS in my head (not that I'm complaining!).

Adorable. The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

I guess goat yoga is now a thing.

I like yoga and love baby goats but the combo? Hmm.....

I flippin' love baby goats.

Come to think of it, technically my first large-animal experience in school was with a pygmy goat. I was restraining the goat and holding it in position while the doctor passed a stomach tube. No problem; basically restrain it like you would a medium-sized dog, right? -- except I didn't relate that there were HORNS! under the hair on top of that head! The head-butts I took to the chest were . . . memorable, to say the least. Suffice to say to this day I'm perfectly happy working with small animals.

Would you work with a gropey baby elephant?

They're so adorable, and so bonded with their carers.

I've never actually worked with them, but I remember during my externship I met a 500-pound (230-kg) mule foal who thought he was a lapdog. (That got old pretty fast.)

The biggest I've had sit on me is Irish wolfhounds. 2 at once left me unable to walk.

Bwahahaha. I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning

https://www.facebook.com/Socialinspi...3332098393954/