Guilty Pleasures?

Tools    

Next guilty pleasure:

Beverly Hills Ninja

Okay so I'm the first to admit that this, on the whole, is not a good movie. But Farley is so over the top, and certain scenes (the destruction of the ancestors' shrine, the fish fight at the restaurant) crack me up so much that it's worth putting up with the rest of the movie just to see Farley's antics.

I like Tommy Boy a lot more, but I think a lot of other folks like it too, so I'm not sure it really qualifies as a guilty pleasure.

Happy Gilmore

I am not an Adam Sandler fan, although i did enjoy Punch Drunk Love (Anderson, 2002). His regular facade of adolescent slapstick never fails to annoy me, although i find Happy Gilmore (Dugan, 1996) utterly hilarious. The script is sensationalized rubbish, the camerawork is about as graceful as an elephant in quick sand and the plot is just, for lack of a better word, silly.

Happy Gilmore

I am not an Adam Sandler fan, although i did enjoy Punch Drunk Love (Anderson, 2002). His regular facade of adolescent slapstick never fails to annoy me, although i find Happy Gilmore (Dugan, 1996) utterly hilarious. The script is sensationalized rubbish, the camerawork is about as graceful as an elephant in quick sand and the plot is just, for lack of a better word, silly.
I dislike most "typical" Adam Sandler movies (Waterboy, Little Nicky, etc), but I think Happy Gilmore is funny as hell.

Next guilty pleasure:

John Waters

Okay, so maybe this isn't such a "guilty" pleasure, because I'm not at all ashamed to be a John Waters fan. On the other hand, I don't think there are too many of us true fans out there. I mean, I'm not talking about the folks who just like his mainstream stuff like Hairspray and Serial Mom, but folks like me who love him even at his most depraved (hell, that's part of his charm, isn't it?).

Female Trouble

Although even I admit that Pink Flamingos is not a good movie (although it has some really funny bits), I really like some of the other stuff that most people would turn away from: Female Trouble and Desperate Living, for example. Many of his early films appear to have been made on a budget of about ten bucks and feature some of the worst acting you're likely to see this side of Ed Wood, but still...there's something something infectious (like the plague), that gets under your skin (like a dirty needle) that can't be denied...well, not by me, anyway. Female Trouble, for instance, contains some of my favorite lines ever:

"I've DONE everything a mother can do: I've locked her in her room, I've beat her with the car aerial. Nothing changes her. It's HARD being a loving mother!"

and

"And remember my offer still stands. If you get tired of being a Hare Krishna, you come live with me and be a lesbian!"

Desperate Living

Even when he started to go mainstream with the likes of Cry Baby (starring Johnny Depp) and Polyester (with Tab Hunter, no less!), he still managed to put some people off with his trademark humor in poor taste. Ah, I can still remember going to the opening of Polyester in DC and getting the scratch and sniff card that featured such odors as dirty sneakers and dead fish. (I can't believe I didn't hang on to that).

Oh, and I thought Cecil B. Demented was great! It was a real treat seeing John Waters get back to his roots and make the kind of movie that made me a fan in the first place.

So here's to you John Waters, King Of Bad Taste, Queen Of Baltimore! May you live forevah!!!!

I am half agony, half hope.
I love Armageddon. Schlock, I know, but I watch it every three months or so and get derided by my family and friends...

Johann von Goethe

WATERWORLD

There i said it!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
One of the most ridiculous films I've ever seen is Tough Guys Don't Dance. Usually, when I show it to someone, they either think it's horrible or pathetic (or both). But, there is a mind behind the script, direction and "acting", and that auteur is Norman Mailer. I'm not sure why Mailer thought he could direct his own script, but then again, he'd already done it, more than once. However, this one just dives off the deep end, well beyond the pale. The end-result is really something to see, and I'm so much more pathetic than Mailer that I prefer it to something like Blue Velvet!!! (HA!)

Once you've seen the "Oh Man! Oh God! Oh Man! Oh God!" scene, the only things which you can compare it to are Wings Hauser's "soliloquies" and Lawrence Tierney's wanting to "Deep Six the Heads." Wow! They're ALL in the same flippin' guilty pleasure!

Anything starring this guy

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I tried my best to find the perfect picture, but this sum's it all up. haha

My life isn't written very well.
Showgirls. period.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Showgirls. period.
Hey! That was every nerdy "Saved By The Bell" fans' wet dream

I am half agony, half hope.
Just Friends

There I was, channel surfing a few months ago, and I came upon this cinematic masterpiece. I laughed even while the rational part of me argued against it. Anna Faris is a complete nutjob and she steals every scene she's in. I watch this way too much... I can't help it.

1. Slums Of Beverly Hills
2. Dark Crystal
3. Fifth Element
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

1. Nottinghill-don't ask
2. Troma Films - if only to see hot naked ladies get down.
3. Super Mario: the movie - yes, the one with john leguizamo, and anthony hopkins...

.....doesn't know what to put here!
Guilty Pleasures:
*The Concorde - Airport '79
*Staying Alive (Saturday Night Fever sequel)
*Spy Hard
*2001: A Space Travesty
*Speed 2
*Wrongfully Accused
*Rocky V

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

3. Super Mario: the movie - yes, the one with john leguizamo, and anthony hopkins...
I can't believe someone besides me likes this movie.

They looked like they just had a great time making it. (Although I think you meant Bob Hoskins instead of Anthony Hopkins. But then, those Brits all look alike )