Love to hate

Tools    

I totally agree with the right to an opinion, what bothers me however are those who thrive on disagreeing. The energy some people put into proving someone else wrong or spewing out negative facts about someones history is phenomenal. If more energy were put into promoting ones own ideals instead of putting down others I feel alot more would get done in this country (Im talking about the United States btw, I know alot of my fellow MOFO'ers are from many other places ). Granted there are times when holding someone accountable for the actions is the right thing to do, what I have a problem with is when people seem to find it enjoyable. I mean they seeem to have this passion that at no other time springs forth. Do they not have a strong enough foundation behind their own convictions to put forth the same effort that is given to denouncing someone? Why does it make people happy to totally demean someone? What I am getting at here is that I think this philosophy has taken a deep root in our political system.
I think more focus and tax payer money should go towards fixing things not harping on the past. Not to say we shouldnt learn from it, but the old saying "let a dead horse lie" is a good one.

BANNED
I agree with you 7thson. The point of arguing has become skewed in the latter part of these days. You see people bashing each other and going through great lengths to prove the other person wrong. However, in doing so they never prove themselves right. They waste more time slugging and less time promoting the very idea they are trying to defend.