MTV series “The Osbournes” on DVD and VHS

Tools    

Miramax Lands The Osbournes
VideoStore Magazine
July28-August 3

Miramax Films will release the first and second seasons of the surprise hit MTV series “The Osbournes” on DVD and VHS.

The reality-based comedy series featuring Ozzy Osbourne and his unconventional family is cable television's highest rated series. "The Osbournes" follows the colorful Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne family over several months -- at home and on the road, documenting the ups, downs, highs, lows and the bizarre for viewers.

"The Osbournes have the perfect mix of family, music and drama we've always appreciated here at MMX," said Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein. "The show's incredible following, never-before-seen footage and other DVD extras will make 'The Osbournes' a key addition to Miramax's family of DVD and video hits."

The DVD of the first season is expected to be released in late fall 2002.

Charles Layton, EVP, office of the co-chairman, Steve Hutensky, EVP of business affairs, and Barry Littman, VP of business and legal affairs, negotiated the deal on behalf of Miramax. Larry Shire, Paul Schindler and Karen Gottlieb of Grubman, Indursky & Schindler, and Colin Newman, the Osbornes' business manager, negotiated on behalf of the family.

"As soon as I discussed this project with Harvey, I knew that Miramax was the right home for ‘The Osbournes,’” said Sharon Osbourne. "With the marketing plans for the DVD and video, it just had to be bleeping Miramax."

Miramax Films will release the first and second seasons of the surprise hit MTV series “The Osbournes” on DVD and VHS.

The reality-based comedy series featuring Ozzy Osbourne and his unconventional family is cable television's highest rated series. "The Osbournes" follows the colorful Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne family over several months -- at home and on the road, documenting the ups, downs, highs, lows and the bizarre for viewers.

"The Osbournes have the perfect mix of family, music and drama we've always appreciated here at MMX," said Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein. "The show's incredible following, never-before-seen footage and other DVD extras will make 'The Osbournes' a key addition to Miramax's family of DVD and video hits."

The DVD of the first season is expected to be released in late fall 2002.

Charles Layton, EVP, office of the co-chairman, Steve Hutensky, EVP of business affairs, and Barry Littman, VP of business and legal affairs, negotiated the deal on behalf of Miramax. Larry Shire, Paul Schindler and Karen Gottlieb of Grubman, Indursky & Schindler, and Colin Newman, the Osbornes' business manager, negotiated on behalf of the family.

"As soon as I discussed this project with Harvey, I knew that Miramax was the right home for ‘The Osbournes,’” said Sharon Osbourne. "With the marketing plans for the DVD and video, it just had to be bleeping Miramax."

A novel adaptation.
C'mon, you know you love to watch it....

If you like that, that means you like retired heavy-metal stars who mumbles, and half the things he says is the f-word.

A novel adaptation.
I dislike Ozzie's music, and my hate for Jack and Kelly burns a fire in my belly.
Still though, I'm strangely drawn to the show.

I it!

The Future Ed Wood
love that show. might aswell post post here instead of opening another thread but has anyone heard if jackass is coming to DVD?

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Originally posted by James2183
love that show. might aswell post post here instead of opening another thread but has anyone heard if jackass is coming to DVD?
I havent heard anything but I will check with our distrubutor today and see if they have a date.

Until then, you should check out CKY and CKY2K

both very similar to Jackass.

The Future Ed Wood
Camp Kill Yourself rules!!!!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I actually like The Osbournes. It's really weird and funny. I realize that the official backlash has begun, and it is no longer "cool" to like the show, but screw that, I was never cool to begin with...I'm definitely getting this.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Uhhhhh... while the show is hilarious to watch (Sharon!!!), I just can't imagine buying the series on DVD.

Does anyone else think that the big holdup in the contract negotions with MTV revolved around the daughter getting a music video deal and being able to 'sing' (if you want to call it that) at the MTV music awards? Talk about nepotism baby!

I love OZZY!!! I was a baby when Black Sabbath came out, I was a teen when Ozzy and Rhodes ruled the world, and now that I'm all grown up...well I don't know how to finish that. Ozzy is a rock and roll doG! I guess you had to be part of the generation thet grew up with him. Ozzy! Ozzy! Ozzy!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Yeah, but doesn't it kill you to see the Prince of F'ing Darkness hobbling around like a 90 year old man yelling "Sharon!!!! You're dog pissed on my shoe!!!"

Actually, I have yet to watch the show. I just love Black Sabbath, and his Rhoades albums.