Mikeython1 Movie Reviews

→ in
Tools    

I could not find any movies that I wanted to see or movies I have not seen yet,so I decided to take a chance. Pretty good flic. This is kind of a feel good movie that has a great cast! Ted Danson and William Fichtner are hilarious! The Amateurs has real wild and funny plot. Jeff Bridge's character reminds you a little of his performance in the Big Lebowski!

I give The Amateurs

Jeff Bridges
Tim Blake Nelson-O Brother Where Art Thou?
Joe Pantoliano-The Matrix,The Sopranos
Ted Danson
William Fichtner-Armageddon,Prison Break
Patrick Fugit-Almost Famous
Glenne Headly-Dick Tracy
Lauren Graham-Gilmore Girls,Bad Santa

This was just okay!One good thing is there is a pretty hot chick in it(Kate Mara)! If you liked any of the Sniper movies(Tom Berenger)then you might like this movie!Also Michael Pena (Crash) is a pretty good supporting actor in this. He made the movie a little more worth watching. Towards the end of the movie there is a pretty cool sniper snow scene!

I give Shooter a

So I watched it and I am going to watch it again! This Movie is an awesome sci-fi movie. Rod Steiger(In The Heat Of The Night) is really good in it. I recommend anyone who enjoys Rod Steiger or sci-fi flics even a little bit, this is a must see!! Oh yeah Claire Bloom is pretty hot! I hear there is going to be a remake as soon as 2010.

I give The Illustrated Man and if we talking about sci-fi movies alone

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

This movie is a good combination of comedy,crime and drama! For I have only seen Snatch(which I liked) this is another good Guy Ritchie film! Ritchie ads all the same elements of style,strong characters personalities,humor,violence and a great display of the UK's subculture! Good performances from Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones who have a great supporting cast making this a must see movie.Sting also has a small role in this movie.If you liked Snatch you will like this movie to!!

I give Lock stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Seven Pounds

This movie is excellent!!!!!!!!!Seven pounds makes you look at life in a totally different way!Will smith at his finest!!!Rosario Dawson's best role yet!Barry Pepper and Woody Harrleson have small but potent roles in this life altering film!It has a Crash type feel with the element of a surprise ending like The Sixth Sense.This movie has you guessing the whole time.It has a sad but feel good vibe. I know that does not make any sense but you will understand when you see it.

I give Seven Pounds

I know everyone has seen this movie but I love it. This movie is timeless and makes you feel like a little kid again!!!Tbs has been playing it since 8 pm yesterday.

Im sure I did not have to rate this for you all but I did anyways!

You will shoot your eye out kid!!!

Where can I get this outfit?

This movie is pretty good. It has all that same great action, as all of the previous Die Hard flics! Justin Long gives this movie great comedic relief. They did a great job in bringing the Die Hard Series into the technoloical age! Bruce Willis is good in this but some of his lines seemed forced and over written, trying to replicate the yippy-kiyea John McLane of old!

I give Live Free or Die Hard

Timothy Olyphant plays an awesome bad guy! Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays Lucy Mclane and is pretty hot!

This movie is really cool! It is one of those films where you know everyone is connected but you don't know why, till the end. The Air I Breathe has excellent cast. Brendan Fraser steps out of his typical nice guy roles and plays a tough guy debt collector(who can see into the future) for a loan shark Andy Garcia. I usually do not enjoy Sarah Michelle Gellars acting but she actually is very good in this! Forrest Whitaker as expected is great! Also a very small but entertaining role for Emile Hirsch where he adds some much needed comedic relief.

I give The Air I Breathe

Nice review, Mikey.

"It is one of those films where you know everyone is connected but you don't know why, till the end."

I like films like that. I may have to check it out.

Nice review, Mikey.

"It is one of those films where you know everyone is connected but you don't know why, till the end."

I like films like that. I may have to check it out.
I also like films like that, movies with several separate but interconnected stories. That's the deal with Noel. Knowing this fact plus Sarah Michelle Gellar makes me interested in The Air I Breathe.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

When I actually decided to watch this movie I did not expect much and that might be why I really liked it! I was thinking Brendan Fraser as a tough guy?? Sarah Michelle Gellar in a good movie???Boy was I suprised!

Sarah Michelle Gellar in a good movie???Boy was I suprised!
If not only for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of my favorite actresses. Admittedly, I didn't care for The Grudge, and The Return was only "okay." I liked Cruel Intentions quite a bit and thought Simply Irresistable was worth-while, though.

This is one the best Action/Adventure Comedy's of the 1980's and there were a ton of them so that is saying a lot!!! If you have not seen this movie yet, you need to. Kurt Russell plays Jack Burton a bad ass, truck driving, ladies man out to save China Town(San Fransisco) and the world in Big Trouble In Little China! Kim Catrall has an early role as Gracie Law the sidekick slash love interest of Kurt Russell. She is really hot in this movie! One of the bad guys was the inspiration for Rayden in Mortal Kombat the video game! So what are you waiting for hop on The Pork Chop Express and watch this movie!!!!

I give Big Trouble In Little China

I've never seen it but I know some people who love it. Nice review.

Thank you for the rep points Swan. You should definitly see this movie I think you will really like it! When are you going to start your review thread?

Vantage Point is definitely a very good movie. It is fast paced and keeps you excited the whole time. Dennis Quaid plays Secret Service Agent Thomas Barnes who is trying to protect the President Of The United States. An assignation attempt to is made on the presidents life and Agent Barnes has to catch the people who did it. What makes this movie special is it shows one specific time frame that is shown in 8 different point of views. Each view shown gets you a little closer to figuring out what happened. Forrest Whitaker is one of the view points and he does a great job. Matthew Fox(Lost) is also pretty good in this, definitely his best movie yet.

I Give Vantage Point

Thank you for the rep points Swan. You should definitly see this movie I think you will really like it! When are you going to start your review thread?
Ooohhh I don't know. Soon.

Vantage Point is definitely a very good movie. It is fast paced and keeps you excited the whole time. Dennis Quaid plays Secret Service Agent Thomas Barnes who is trying to protect the President Of The United States. An assignation attempt to is made on the presidents life and Agent Barnes has to catch the people who did it. What makes this movie special is it shows one specific time frame that is shown in 8 different point of views. Each view shown gets you a little closer to figuring out what happened. Forrest Whitaker is one of the view points and he does a great job. Matthew Fox(Lost) is also pretty good in this, definitely his best movie yet.

I Give Vantage Point
Nice review. I was never interested in seeing it, although I may in the future.

The gritty tale of four teens trying survive the streets of New York. The main character Jim Carrol played by Leonardo DiCaprio is a trouble teen who has a hard time choosing between the streets and his passion for writing. He is accompanied by three knuckle head friends one being Mickey played by Mark Wahlberg. The reason I like this movie is that it is based on a true story. What makes this movie good is the strong characters portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Wahlberg.

I Give The Basketball Diaries

Look how young they are!

This movie is awesome!!! I don't know if it is just me but I love the Mad Max movies. The Road Warrior is the second installment of three. Mel Gibson plays Mad Max a loner that has to fend for himself and his only friend, an Australian Cattle dog. He cruises around this barren wasteland in his beefed up and armored car, The Interceptor. He has to fight other road warriors to stay alive. His main objective is finding the most significant thing in the post nuclear holocaust future, Gasoline. Then one day he comes across a small community and gets talked into fighting off crazy savages looking to kill them for their abundant supply of fuel.

I Give The Road Warrior