Best Christian-themed movies?

Tools    

Which is the best movie with Christian themes?
7.69%
2 votes
Chariots of Fire
11.54%
3 votes
Prince of Egypt
34.62%
9 votes
Ben-Hur (1959)
30.77%
8 votes
It's a Wonderful Life
3.85%
1 votes
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
11.54%
3 votes
The Gospel According to St. Matthew
0%
0 votes
The Mission
23.08%
6 votes
The Ten Commandments
30.77%
8 votes
The Passion of the Christ
0%
0 votes
Amazing Grace
19.23%
5 votes
The Last Temptation of Christ
7.69%
2 votes
A Man for All Seasons
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Off-topic trivia: If I remember correctly, there's a scene in The Ten Commandments where Charleton Heston (Moses) is looking over blueprints (or the ancient equivalent) while the pyramids are being built in the background - this was obviously when Moses was still a Prince of Egypt and before discovering he was a Jew.
It's a historical inaccuracy - Moses had nothing to do with the building of the pyramids. The pyramids were completed before the Jews were enslaved by Egypt, so the Jews did not have a hand in building the pyramids as Egypt's enslaved workforce.

Wait....wait? The problem with that is that the Jews were already Jewish by the time they were taken over by Egypt.
Sure they were of Jewish heritage, but they worshiped multiple gods at that time, as did most peoples. So they weren't of Jewish belief. Two different things. Even today there can be Jewish Christians.

Off-topic trivia: If I remember correctly, there's a scene in The Ten Commandments where Charleton Heston (Moses) is looking over blueprints (or the ancient equivalent) while the pyramids are being built in the background - this was obviously when Moses was still a Prince of Egypt and before discovering he was a Jew.
It's a historical inaccuracy - Moses had nothing to do with the building of the pyramids. The pyramids were completed before the Jews were enslaved by Egypt, so the Jews did not have a hand in building the pyramids as Egypt's enslaved workforce.
Addendum: the idea that the ancient Jewish people were enslaved by Egypt may be historical inaccuracy itself as their is no archaeological evidence for it and no record outside of the OT stories.
BUT - if we do factor in the OT stories and the years they supposedly took place - the times still don't add up regarding the pyramids - they were still completed before the Biblical stories of Jews in Egypt. There is no mention, even in the stories, of the Jews working on pyramids (so the scene in the movie was just a fanciful fabrication to utilize the iconic structures).

Sure they were of Jewish heritage, but they worshiped multiple gods at that time, as did most peoples. So they weren't of Jewish belief. Two different things. Even today there can be Jewish Christians.
I'm a Jewish Christian Agnostic Buddhist!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I posted in the wrong thread but looking bck Peter Greenaway has a lot of religious symbolism IMO (maybe just because I had a ctholic upbringing)

the last supper

let the carnage begin. Descending into hell

I still love this classic...

In recent years the quality has really gone up in some Christian based films...

Risen
Son of God
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone

... are honestly all VERY well done and smart films.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
I posted in the wrong thread but looking bck Peter Greenaway has a lot of religious symbolism IMO (maybe just because I had a ctholic upbringing)

the last supper

let the carnage begin. Descending into hell

Same with John Woo films. Woo himself was Catholic, I believe.

Best shootout scene of all time.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didnt realise he was catholic, achoo. Nice screen grab.

I didnt realise he was catholic, achoo. Nice screen grab.
Correction: He is actually Lutheran, which is pretty different from Catholicism but still Christian. I think he uses more Catholic imagery than Protestant though so that may be why I thought he was Catholic at first.

He received an honorary doctorate of Social Science from the Hong Kong Baptist University for his contributions for his contributions to the film industry. As a child he wanted to become a pastor, but I'm sure that everybody is happy that he decided to make kick@ss movies instead.

Was a big fan of Captains Steel's posts in this thread. Sorry to see them come to an end.
You were???

And who says they've come to an end. For anyone who wants to take up the debate again, I'll be glad to support my position.

My favorite Is The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965). Max Von Sydow and Charlton Heston in the same movie. Hard to beat.

Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, and this- Charlton Heston is really the king of the Biblical epic.

Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, and this- Charlton Heston is really the king of the Biblical epic.
I love the scene with Heston as John the Baptist in Greatest Story - when Herod's soldiers come to arrest him Heston is knocked into the water of the Jordan River by the soldiers and he starts dunking and baptising them as they struggle to subdue him.