James Newton Howard
9.09%
2 votes
Michael Giacchino
13.64%
3 votes
James Horner
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm sorry... but when I see Danny Elfman... I watch the movie just for the music!

That was basically my reaction when I saw that John Ottman was coming back to the X-Men franchise.

That was basically my reaction when I saw that John Ottman was coming back to do X-Men.
Semi-Agreed. I mean, he did the original X-Men Theme back in 2000, (which IMO is the Best Superhero Theme ever hands down, Sorry.) But even then, he did pull out a decent score for DOFP. But Apocalypse? Nah.

This might just do nobody any good.
The original X-Men has this:

Which, if played over the ending to Logan, becomes one of the greatest pieces ever in the genre.

Semi-Agreed. I mean, he did the original X-Men Theme back in 2000, (which IMO is the Best Superhero Theme ever hands down, Sorry.)
It was Michael Kamen surely?

This might just do nobody any good.
It's good too. I'll take the poignant theme over it any day, though.

It's interesting hearing the progression. I mean X-Men seemed like a massively low-key soundtrack by Michael Kamen's standards but I really liked it – his music for Mystique is brilliant; so subtle and eerie. It's Henry Jackman though that I think found something that bit more distinctive and memorable that actually sounded like fitting music for characters. I mean all the stuff for Magneto is mind-blowing (love the coin sound ) and there are other pieces such as Shaw's "something wicked this way comes" music. There's a new energy there that escapes what had been a more generic sound before and since.

man big shame u haven t even put thename i always wanted to see:
the talented Mark Mancina, such great scores from.him for the 90s era

man big shame u haven t even put thename i always wanted to see:
the talented Mark Mancina, such great scores from.him for the 90s era

Yeah, this guy definitely composed my childhood. Don't think that's a good thing haha.

Goblin are the best composers even though they aren't composers; they don't get enough credit for one of the few definite
film related things of the 20th Century.

I don't even like Suspiria that much but that soundtrack is incredible.

Yeah, this guy definitely composed my childhood. Don't think that's a good thing haha.
i always listen and watch the intro sequence of Bad boys before i go to work just to get in the mood , lovely soundtrack for sure thx for posting

Joe Hisaishi, by far the best. Actually it's the only movie composer that I cared enough to play in my spotify account. One of the reasons I like Miyazaki's movies is because of his soundtracks.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Michael Giacchino, seriously? That man is a disgrace to film composers.
Not him. Nina Rota would be up, as well as Ryuichi Sakamoto.