hello! just an amateur movie buff here

Tools    

Hi!

I really like to spend several evenings a week watching movies at home. I rent maybe 6-9 DVDs a month. I really enjoy immersing myself into a good movie, particularly ones I can draw at least bits and pieces from, whether because I can relate to them or whether they can inspire me somehow.

As of recent I've been in a rut of watching movies I didn't end up liking--and personal recommendations, online reviews, etc haven't really helped me--so I guess I joined here seeking better input.

My favorite movies include:

Lost in Translation, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Closer, I Heart Huckabees, Pulp Fiction, Apocalypse Now, Adaptation, Memento, The Royal Tenenbaums, Match Point, Crouching TigerHD, Chungking Express, Leon the Professional, Rushmore, Eternal Sunshine OTSM, and more.

A movie I recently saw and absolutely loved was The Visitors. Also thoroughly enjoyed Broken Flowers.

Already just from going through several veteran users' lists on this site, I've found a few movies to try out: O brother where art though and Unbreakable. My friend also recommended I watch Atonement, so that will be my third.

Feel free to make me recommendations!

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to witness some great movie minds here and discover some real movie gems to explore!

Thanks for reading.