DVD Collector's Suggestion...

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
Into five pointed stars.

Consequently, you should hear how I bathe.

I too enjoy the ancient art of towel origami. For instance, where once was only a navy blue rectangle of terry cloth, I now have a lovely crane. The kind with wings.

However, I don't think this is a pointless thread. We're movie-lovers. Why not talk about how we store our movies, being as there's obviously more than one way to skin a DVD?

Now, with cats, there's really only the one way. But that's a different thread that belongs on the serial killer forum.

Sir William Wallace
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yeah, I've just got them in their cases on shelves, like books or records or CDs or LDs or cereal.

What a fascinating subject! How do people here fold their towels?
oh that was classic indeed

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
I can't remember ever folding a towel...so I have no preference.

However, I have a lot of movies and very little space therefore I try to save as much space as possiable.

Oddly enough...I have BOOKS on my bookcase since I read quite a bit as well as write fiction. I have more books than movies, and since I can't convinently store the books in an album like I can DVD's I guess they are going to have to stay there.

I wont bore people with my mundane job, but I do get great "upcoming tecnology" information where I work. Soon, probably within 2 or 3 years, DVDS will become smaller in size, like those mini ones you have seen for games and such. Eventually 5 to 7 years you may buy a movie and it will be accessable to you forevermore through a satelite link. It will be available through your local cable company if they stay up to date with things. You can watch it anywhere there is a cable company that subscribes to this option, so watching it at a friends house or while on a trip will not be a problem. A concern of most is buying untangible product, but the company providing this service will have to send you the actual DVD if you "opt" out of the service at anytime. Anyone wanting more information I would be glad to give it out.
But it is going to be awhile before this all pans out, the technology is there, but the legal problems are biggest hurdle.

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by politesuccubus
Oddly enough...I have BOOKS on my bookcase since I read quite a bit as well as write fiction.
Because we are so obviously illiterate heathans.
And it's not as if you can only own a certain amount of shelf space. It's not as if that. That's not if it. It if not is that.

If your dvd collection grows to the point where a book shelf storage solution seems impracticle, you can go with dressers designed for such storage, made by Can-am.

I have been told to move my collection from the family room bookcases to bookcases in the spare bedroom...because "we are constantly diminishing room for photographs" !!!

I would NEVER move them into an album (cut the inserts!?!? hell no!)...you would have to shift them constantly if you wanted to keep them alphabetical, which is a sorting method that is ideal for larger collections

Horrorphiliac

Originally Posted by moviearchivist
If your dvd collection grows to the point where a book shelf storage solution seems impracticle, you can go with dressers designed for such storage, made by Can-am.
this method would also be good for hiding collections from those not so trustworthy friends who insist on becoming borrowers once the collection is seen

one tip I have for bookcase collections is to consider adding shelves when the room is running short...

You can download dvd collect tool on http://bestdvdtools.blogspot.com/, there are a lot of other tools there ,

You can download dvd collect tool on http://bestdvdtools.blogspot.com/, there are a lot of other tools there .

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
How do people here fold their towels?
i just throw them anywhere!

I used to have all my DVD's on a shelf, in their boxes. It was a prestige thing for me; i loved the way people reacted upon seeing them. Now that im a bit older i dont care so much, so they are all in a few CD binders i keep in a drawer. My only problem is that i dont know my own collection well enough to spot theft; in the last year someone has stolen my DVD's of The Fifth Element and The Boondock Saints. The bitch of it all is that when a disc is stolen from my case, they simply move a disc from the back into the empty space. This is how i notice- and it usually takes me a while to figure out exactly which movie i am missing.

That is why i've withheld my DVD collection from my new roommates. Its been 5 months with them, and they are still under the impression that the only DVD's i own are Spinal Tap and Gladiator, both of which i keep in their cases as 'decoys.'

I guess im just not trusting enough....