Some of your favorites of 2013

Tools    

Enjoyed Monsters University.

High hopes for Wolverine

Finished here. It's been fun.
Have not seen too much this year,but I loved The Place Beyond The Pines. I thought This is The End was hilarious, and thought that Fruitvale Station was ok.

1. Now you see me.
2. Side Effects.
3. Pain & Gain.

Rest are crap. I think Despicable Me 2 should be there somewhere. Haven't seen it, so cant say how good it is.

Not impressed by Side Effects.
Me neither. It started like some sort of a character study, and then it took a twist that made me stop caring about any of the characters. Decent thriller, though.

I've seen 14 films so far from this year and I would say the best is The Place Beyond the Pines. I also enjoyed Mud, The Great Gatsby, and The Last Stand. Oblivion, The Conjuring and Only God Forgives were pretty good too.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Haven't seen many movies this year...but my favorites are

1. The World's End
2. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. Man of Steel
4. Iron Man 3
5. The Last Stand
6. Oblivion

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Place Beyond the Pines is probably the best of the year so far.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I watched 3-4 2013 movies so far. Nothing is really good and thinking about it I noticed that I watched nearly 200 movies this year but everything was OLD. Tons of Robert Bresson's movies (8 in fact), for instance.

My Top 5 so far:
1. The Place Beyond the Pines
2. Stoker
3. Blue Jasmine
4. You're Next
5. Lovelace

This year has been an embarrassment for new films on the whole
That always happens for every year. The masterpieces take some time to show up so actually the best movie of each year is only know a decade or so after the year.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
This year has been an embarrassment for new films on the whole
The year's not nearly over yet in terms of film releases. It's certainly not shaping up to be a 2011, but at least it's not a 2010, more of a 2012 at this point, but I doubt we'll ever see another 1953.

So far The World's End, The Grandmaster, The Great Gatsby and Trance have been the good ones (I know, predictable that a Wong Kar-wai and a Danny Boyle movie would be among my favorites). Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel were mediocre (how typical that I'd say that about a Star Trek). Iron Man 3 was okay. Pacific Rim was dumb dumb dumb but kinda fun anyway.

oblivion, world's end

Nothing great this year so far with The Grandmaster being the only thing that went close. World War Z and Elysium were pretty good but that's about it.

Evil dead..The most horrifying movie of all time

I have a couple that I loved: All very different
Warm Bodies
Cloud Atlas
Wreck it Ralph
The Croods
Monsters University

Thread needs more Mud.

Camille Claudel 1915 by Bruno Dumont.

Clearly the best film of the year for me and in my opinion the best film by Bruno Dumont so far. Captivating performance by Juliette Binoche. If you are into movies similar to Robert Bresson i can strongly recommend it.

Im really looking forward to the new movies by Jia Zhangke, Jafar Panahi, Asghar Farhadi, Steve McQueen, Noah Baumbach and Calin Peter Netzer.

So far its shaping up to be an okay year for film imo.