national treasure

→ in
Tools    

couldn't find a thread, so i made one..

i liked this film a lot...plot cleverly done with lots of excitement and a few giggles..indiana jones, american style...

american history lovers (like me) this is a must see...

Loved it. bruckheimer gem

I just saw National Treasure and I enjoyed it. Yes there were a couple of cheesy/bad dialouge moments but it was worth it because of the fun history and clever escapes/burglarys here and there. Go see it if you have 6 bucks, have an open mind and you will be entertained.

An Original Flavor Formation
Originally Posted by susan
couldn't find a thread, so i made one..i liked this film a lot...plot cleverly done with lots of excitement and a few giggles..indiana jones, american style...american history lovers (like me) this is a must see...
Yo Susan, you gonna drop science and give us a comprehensive 411 on National Treasure? If you're down with the history-Fu, your perspective might be enlightening and promote even more enjoyment through awareness of the historical subtleties that may flow in the film. I was plannin' on checkin' this joint out on Monday -- maybe do MoFo a solid and break us off a lil' somethin' more? In the meantime, 'preciate you initializin' the thread!

Originally Posted by soulsolid
Yo Susan, you gonna drop science and give us a comprehensive 411 on National Treasure? If you're down with the history-Fu, your perspective might be enlightening and promote even more enjoyment through awareness of the historical subtlities that may flow in the film. I was plannin' on checkin' this joint out on Monday -- maybe do MoFo a solid and break us off a lil' somethin' more? In the meantime, 'preciate you initializin' the thread!
what would you like to know...the history in this film is amazingly accurate and how it ties the plot together is great fun!!! benjamin franklin gates is a history/adventurer who has been searching for a treasure map since his grandfather filled him in as a teen....along the way he meets a woman, picks up a sidekick, fights the bad guys, bonds with his father and well...if you haven't figured the rest out by now...what more is there to say without giving it away...think indiana jones with american history and go with the flow...you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!!

An Original Flavor Formation
Solid. I'll check it out and come through to this thread again after I've peeped it out on Monday.

[center] I Think by the Plot in this Movie and what It is trying to Protray is we all have a Treasure to Protect The Freedom Written On the Document it self blazed into our hearts though the movie to reflect how we got here We Being the Gold itself without that Franklin would of never have signed all four doucuments and all the Masons being 3/4 (9) and the First President wouldn't have to have been so secret.

what would you like to know...the history in this film is amazingly accurate and how it ties the plot together is great fun!!! benjamin franklin gates is a history/adventurer who has been searching for a treasure map since his grandfather filled him in as a teen....along the way he meets a woman, picks up a sidekick, fights the bad guys, bonds with his father and well...if you haven't figured the rest out by now...what more is there to say without giving it away...think indiana jones with american history and go with the flow...you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!!

I totally agree with you I am A Senior Demolay and he was a Grand Marsharal for the Knights Templars who was burned at the Stake before the Church could exonarate him. Anyway The Mason Have the Ties to them as well as the Symbols on the back of the bills and the meaning behind them. What intrest me is in the civil war they would have meetings
the masons would and it being war time and Mason Symbols so out in the open makes me wonder.

WARNING: "National Treasure" spoilers below
Ok, for those of you who have already seen the movie, when Ben (Nick Cage) says to his sidekick that the next time we find some monsterous treasure that he can decide what they do with it, do you think they are setting themselves up for a sequel or is it just banter?

funny thing about that...i said the same thing..haven't heard much about a sequel, but i think that it would all depend on how well this does and if nick cage decides to do another...we'll see....

I wouldn't mind a sequel at all. Loved this movie, thought it was a lot of fun.

One of my more geeky traits is a huge love for history, American history even more so than my once most-beloved World history (That was BEFORE I started AP World). I agree with Susan, the history tied in wonderfully with the plot. It wasn't like this brilliant film or anything, but I had fun with it.

Some things I liked:
-the historical accuracy, Ben Franklin is my favorite!
-It isn't a fantasy adventure, it isn't an army/FBI?some-other-fighting- force movie, instead it's a nice old-fashioned treasure hunt. The kind that brings me back to when I was a kid and dreamed about that sort of thing.
-It had that clue finding and mystery solving element that I love since it
got my mind working too.

Some things I didn't like:
-As a LOTR fan, it's sort of mandatory of me to like Sean bean, and I
do, but in this film I felt that his character was just a plot device,
which was, but a plot device with out any purpose itself. I mean did it
ever explain why in the world Ian (Bean's character) was hunting for
the treasure as well?
-The typical stupid side-kick, I really enjoyed Riley, but I sort of thought
his character could serve more purpose as well.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Randomly visiting for now
I liked this movie in its entirety, but I wouldn't put it up with Indiana Jones although it is along the same lines.

I would give 3 due to the way it tells an interesting story in terms of solid directing and acting. I think it's a nice pick-me-up movie that's quite cheery, ending with a bit of a too perfect ending for me.

definately a family-friendly movie for all you parents out there, it's a movie that most people will like for some reason but nobody likes it all that much. If that makes sense

It hasn't started in my town yet, I will see it when it does

funny thing about that...i said the same thing..haven't heard much about a sequel, but i think that it would all depend on how well this does and if nick cage decides to do another...we'll see....
Trust me, I totally doubt it!!

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I mean did it ever explain why in the world Ian Bean's character) was hunting for the treasure as well?
isnt it quite obvious? he wanted the treasure for himself.

Originally Posted by yeshli2nuts
isnt it quite obvious? he wanted the treasure for himself.
yes, that's why he was hunting for it. What I think needed explaining is what motivation he had--it most likely was money, but that wasn't made very clear in the movie.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I liked this movie in its entirety, but I wouldn't put it up with Indiana Jones although it is along the same lines.

I would give 3 due to the way it tells an interesting story in terms of solid directing and acting. I think it's a nice pick-me-up movie that's quite cheery, ending with a bit of a too perfect ending for me.

definately a family-friendly movie for all you parents out there, it's a movie that most people will like for some reason but nobody likes it all that much. If that makes sense
Nicely put SpoOkY. I saw it this past weekend with my daughter and my mom. We all liked it...and judging from the conversations we struck up with a few people afterwards, they liked it as well. Definately a movie all ages can enjoy....and the theatre was filled with young kids to retirees. T'was nice to see.

Glitter...we liked the history and puzzle/mystery solving as well. It was also nice to see an attractive young woman portrayed as having a brain and not just the T & A arm piece.

Say what again mother f**ker!
I will only see this movie to be able to criticize it.