Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
After Hours is sublime. Criminally underrated masterpiece and one of scorsese's absolute finest without a doubt.

After Hours is sublime. Criminally underrated masterpiece and one of scorsese's absolute finest without a doubt.
Personally i'd say it's more underseen than underrated. I think with the big reputations of Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, etc, people tend to skip over movies like this, Bringing Out The Dead, and to a lesser extent The King of Comedy.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I'm revisitng all of Marvel's Phase 1 so that I can review them in preparation of Age of Ultron's release. Tonight i'm starting with Iron Man.

I think I am the only person on the forums that doesn't love After Hours.
Ban this guy!!!!

I wouldn't say i love it either tbh, but it's very good. I'd be very dissapointed in mark f, if he didn't think it was average .

Ban this guy!!!!

I wouldn't say i love it either tbh, but it's very good. I'd be very dissapointed in mark f, if he didn't think it was average .
If Yoda banned for taste my butt wouldn't have made it past a handful of posts. Also does it feel Scorsese to you? If I had watched it without knowing I don't think he would have been in my top ten guesses.

If Yoda banned for taste my butt wouldn't have made it past a handful of posts. Also does it feel Scorsese to you? If I had watched it without knowing I don't think he would have been in my top ten guesses.
That's something i've never thought about. I think After Hours is the closest thing Scorcese has made to a pure comedy, and i also think it's arguably the most surreal or at least abnormal movie he's made out of what i've watched anyway.

That in itself makes it unique among Scorcese movies, but it's just plain freaky that you've pinpointed something stupid that i believed when i joined this site . I think like some other members i spent some time lurking as a guest and reading some old threads, not sure how it happened exactly but i must've read the excellent writeup of After Hours in the Scorcese thread by Holden then wondered onto a Stanley Kubrick thread. Because i had it in my mind that After Hours was a Kubrick Film , after watching and loving it i remember i was ready to rate it 3rd in a Rank the Kubrick movies thread, before thankfully i looked Kubrick up to make sure i wasn't missing anything.

Sorry for the rant but yeah i can see why people would think it wasn't "Scorcese". Jesus i even have an anecdote for it, and i never have anecdotes .

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think I am the only person on the forums that doesn't love After Hours.
Color yourself disappointed. I give it

Stay (2005)

Got a bit of a taste for Naomi Watts now, so I'm backing it up with this! Should be pretty chilling by the looks of it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm on Naruse binge!!!

I watched his first talkie yesterday and will continue with his seventh film The Actress and the Poet today!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Gotta take a break from Naruse!

Pit and the Pendulum (1961)