Carrie Remake

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
When I went to the cinema recently I saw a new trailer for this and I am even more excited for it. Just hope its good.

I went to the cinema recently, and also saw that same trailer. The thing that astonished me was one of the iconic images from the original film was reproduced. I've seen a few Sissy Spacek movies recently and there's certain things the girl can do with the greatest of ease. De Palma, having studied and watched her; the scene shot when the car is going to run for her over and she suddenly whips her head around; that shot was specifically crafted for that face and those eyes.

So, was the movie good or not?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It was a great film. Much better than the 1979 one. I dunno, I just dislike Brian DePalma as a director so much. He's showy and has no knack for storytelling. He spends more time showing off his flashy camera tricks than he does making us care about anything we're actually watching. I know basically nothing about Kimberly Pierce, but she directed the film with a very naturalistic style, letting it play out like real life, even when the fantastic elements rear their head. The TK stuff is more jarring without the LOUD musical sting that DePalma hit us with every time, and the film doesn't seem like horror til the climax. As it really should be. It does good by Stephen King's novel, and Chloe Grace Moretz plays Carrie as a real human being, not a wide eyed...thing...which makes her story that more tragic. I will defend this film to anyone. Even sarcastic people who wanna give me crap about it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I hear it's more about bullying. A Carrie remake right now doesn't make much sense -- instead of burning down her school and killing everyone, shouldn't Carrie just be threatening suicide on Youtube and getting a million dollar check for it from her sympathizers? I mean, that's the real Carrie of 2013.

Did you guys see that clever marketing thing they did on youtube where they freaked all those people out in a coffee shop?? I can't add a link because I'm new but google it if you want