MoFo Fantasy Football 2010: Week 6

Tools    

Well, that was fun. Always nice to have a few guys on my team actually show up and like, put up numbers and junk.

And yeah, that was me that signed the crappy Detroit D and their kicker. Who's your Daddy Petey! Heh...

Anywho, its been kind of a weird year. I think anyway. Maybe it's just me because I just don't think my team is very good. I don't know. The NFL is a hard league to figure out. Maybe it's just parity, I guess. Not sure I really like parity that much, if that's truly the case.

Sadly, this "parity" is affecting my ability to pick these fake games as well.

Another sub .500 week, although I do take all the credit for the Goons win, not that that would be enough to even get me over .500 hundred for the week. Another 2-5 day puts PW in a 15-21 hole. I better start stocking up on steroids I reckon.

Who's going to win this week? How the hell should I know? Oh well, guess its too late to stop now eh?

PW's Odd Squad vs. 11 Angry Men

Turnabout is fair play and I know damn well that Chris hasn't forgotten the ridiculous point total that the Squad put on his boys last year and now that his team is fresh off of a thorough ass whipping of The Tongo Expree he looks primed to return the favor this year. Bring it. I have no fear of little people, in fact little green people kind of creep me out and honestly I think you guys should all be rounded up and put on an Island somewhere where you can all sort the, "little people" question on your own.

That being said though, unless my newest theory comes true and the Angry Men only score about half of what they are predicted to score, I'm screwed.

My pick: 11 Angry Men "Where'd ya get the midget?"

His Own Ego vs. The Tongo Express

I have no idea how Jay's team managed such a nice score last week, but good for him. Will he be able to pull that oof two weeks in a row? Again, how the hell do I know? I did see that Tangs has Rivers and Gates against St Louis. Yeesh...

My Pick: Tongo Express, maybe he really is the 8th wonder of the world.

The Replicants vs. Team Zissou

The Reps are trying to climb into contention and Team Zissou is trying to keep from free falling out of the main ranks. I think Yahoo may have a pretty good bead on this game.

My pick: Team Zissou, "I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. I don't know how yet. Possibly with dynamite."
Sookie's Suckers vs. GWOW

Boy, this looks like it could be the game of the week and very important for the standings too. If Sookie can pull off a victory here GWOW falls back to the pack and things get really interesting from here on out.

Sookie is currently favored and judging by her matchups I can't really disagree.

My Pick: Sookie in a squeaker. Which will make her swear a lot, which is funny.

The No Name Gang vs. Beantown Champs

Petey's not speaking to me. Its his own damn fault though, everybody knows LT is overrated. Heh heh.

Anyway, I keep looking at No Names roster and can't believe his team is only 2-3. Beantown on the other hand, started off 2-0 and has now dropped 3 straight. Both teams need a win to stay in the thick of things.

Yahoo already has this one pretty close as well, with Beantown as the slight favorite. I can't believe that Mario Manningham gets a goose egg again. And Brees is soo due to have a huge day.

My Pick: Beantown Champs, clenched butt cheeks and all.

Teen Terrors vs. Dextruction

Dex, fresh off his win from a week ago must now face the Terrors who still appear to be a rather solid looking team week in and week out even if she won't try to work out any deals with anyone. Oh well.

On paper this looks closer than I think it will be...

My pick: Terrors go to 4-2

Flash vs. Hired Goons

You like that reverse psychology I used to get you a win last week Badger? I knew you would. Anyway, I have no idea who's going to win this game... *flip

My pick: Flash, "This Ming is a psycho!"

Well, there you have it MoFo's. I apologize in advance if you'd like for me to stop picking your team to wim, as it seems I kind of suck at it this year. Sue me.

My pick: Flash, "This Ming is a psycho!"

Damn now I am cursed by being picked to win by PW.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was loving my team till the Finley injury. That one really hurts, especially in a PPR league, and also the fact that I traded Carlson away, who was at least half way decent. Going to have to go with the sleeper, Andrew Quarless, but honestly, who knows.

I was loving my team till the Finley injury. That one really hurts, especially in a PPR league, and also the fact that I traded Carlson away, who was at least half way decent. Going to have to go with the sleeper, Andrew Quarless, but honestly, who knows.
Benjamin Watson wept. Heck if youre scared of taking a TE on a weak squad go Fasano. Schefflers good too.

This week vs His Own Ego is a must win for my team. Ive got the murderers row to face after Jay - Replicants, Sookie, Zissou, & GWOW. GWOW has to lose vs Sookie just on general principle this sunday.

Id have to think Cadillac Williams is going to have a breakout game sometime or another. Why not vs New Orleans?! If Tampa wants to win they should run the ball down NOs throat, and keep the Saints offense off the field. Remember everyone the Buccaneers beat the Saints last year.

Edit in - Also Owen Daniels might start coming back to his old form

Week 6 Predictions

Sookie's Suckers vs GWOW
If Sookie wins this will be a tough win to get. I like her QB Big Ben over McNabb, like her WR1 "insert name here" over GWOWs Crabtree vs Oakland, Gore & Gold Teef should cancel each other out, and you damn well know Arian Foster better outperform Gs Brandon Jackson or Kubiak will bench him. I think GWOW/Adams TE, WR2, and swing slot will be great earners as Heath Miller should have a great game finally with Ben back, Brandon Marshall should be able to crush Masons #'s, and Roy Williams has been making good points. Its baaaaad to be beaten in 3 out 4 recieving roster slots in a PPR league.
Sookie's Suckers win....barely. Upset pick of the week.

Flash vs Hired Goons
I like the Colts vs Washington, but dont believe it will be enough to save Flash. Flash has Goons beat in the QB, TE, K, & D slots and thats about it. Goons WRs, and RBs will gain him this easy win.
Hired Goons win.....by alot.

11 Angry Men vs PW's Odd Squad
These two squads playing has always been a huge matchup in our league, this year though PW's Odd Squad couldnt be weaker, but he'll beat Yoders Angry Men this week & attain the unbelivable 3-3 record. Schaub & Witten should do great, Ray Rice and Shonne "Goal Line" Greene should beat Rice & Michael Bush vs a motivated 49rs, Welker I believe will be covered more than ever with Moss gone, Megatron vs the NYG hurts, Vernon Davis vs Oakland hurts, but Mike Wallace should do great. I dont even have faith Romo will do well as Minnys Defense is due to make a highlight appearance this year.
Odd Squad astonish the Angry Men Call me stupid, but I'm so sure PW will win I wouldnt call this my upset pick of the week.

The No Name Gang vs Beantown Champs
Yahoo has this almost dead even, but Yahoo has its head up its arse. Champs give the Gang a name, and its "KTFO"

The Replicants vs Team Zissou
Another close one. QB & WR1 & 2 slot matchup belong to Zissou, and Replicants superior RB corps face stiffer competition than Zs. I like Reps TE, swingslot as Jahvid Best is slowing down, K, & D matchups more. Im guessing whichever player on either squad that has a blowout game will win it for their team in this dead even matchup.
Team Zissous Hakeem Nicks vs Detroit knocks the Replicants to .500land

Teen Terrors vs Dextruction
LOL! Desean Jackson benched?! 2 bad games and benched?!
LOL! Teen Terrors beat Dextruction so badly they learn spelling

The Tongo Express vs His Own Ego
Strange. I warned Jay in the Smack Talk box to take out Tynes cause I heard he'd be out. Now its gone! Dun dun DUN!!!
I should be able to win this game. It'd be a fluke me losing. Dont believe my awful RB slots (Caddy & Ricky) will hurt me too bad.
The Tongo Express bellow out "Its Clobberin Time!" then squash His Ego

I wish it was sunday.

Wow, what a beautiful Sunday morning! The air is crisp, the sun is shining and the coffee is hot and delicious...oh, and did I mention, IT'S SUNDAY!!!!! That's right peeps, its the best day of the week, cuz' its time for some FOOTBALL, the real American pastime, and yours truly is getting ramped up for an awesome day of eating, watching big dudes kick the crap outta each other and possibly having a woobly pop or two. Well I don't have a lot of time to waste, since theres sooo much to do before the 1 o'clock kickoff time, so lets make this short and sweet, shall we?

Flash vs. Hired Goons -

Not to keen on the Colts in Washington this weekend, and I like the Goons runningbacks matchups and I think the Jets are gonna try to get Holmes involved early and often, so with all that being said....

Goons win with the help of the Redskins D

Teen Terrors vs. Dextruction -

Dex could get lucky this week and have his team over-produce in their various matchups but I find that highly unlikely. I see Terrors Medenhall, Boldin, Cutler and McCoy having decent, if not extraordinary games, so it looks like a forgone conclusion in this heads-up battle.

Teen Terrors continues her winning ways

Sookie's Suckers vs. GWOW -

This looks like a great game on paper, and I think it may come down to the Monday Night game before there is a declared winner, but with Gore and Foster having decent matchups and Pittsburg looking to have a big game with Big Ben back in the fold, the sun is surely gonna be shining on Sookie's ass this glorious day.

Sookie wins and Mikey is allowed out of the basement....for now...

The Replicants vs. Team Zissou -

This battle looks pretty even up and down the rosters, but I agree with Yahoo and have to give Zissou a slight edge based on his WRs probably having better games than the Reps. If Ryan Matthews has a big game in St. Louis, its lights out for the Replicants.

Team Zissou gets back to .500 this weekend

His Own Ego vs. The Tongo Express -
Well now, here we got ourselves a game people! Both QBs look like they could have HUGE games today and I think Jay has a very, very slight edge in the RB slots (although I truly think Danny Woodhead could be a better start over Moreno this weekend, but thats just a hunch) and Tongo has the better WRs going today, but its anyones guess as to the final outcome of this one. I'm flipping a coin, cuz I just can't pick the final on my own. Ego is heads, Tongo tails... flip....

Heads it is baby! Ego somehow manages to take down the big ape for the victory.

11 Angry Men vs. PW's Odd Squad -

I think this game is a little more even than Yahoo predicts and should come down to the wire before we have a winner. Romo probably won't have that good a game in Minnesota, with the Purple People Eaters looking to get revenge from last weeks steam-rolling they took at the hands of Sanchez and the Jets. Schaub on the other hand could just go off and have big day against KC, and I think thats very likely. With MJD looking to have decent numbers and Rice probably putting up a boat-load on the Pats, this matchup just isn't as cut-and-dry as most would think. I believe the difference makers will be Wes Welker/Vernon Davis and Shonn Greene/Brandon Jacobs. Whomevers duo has the better games, wins.

Vernon Davis gets a TD and 115 yards to net the Angry Men a win!

Beantown Champs vs. The No Name Gang -
Losing by less than 5 combined points the last 2 weeks has been truly tough to take, but I built this team for the long haul so I'm hoping to right the ship this week and get back into the winners circle again. Flacco may have a superb game in Foxboro, with the Pats young secondary giving up big plays at the wrong times, so that has me worried. Gangs WRs all look good today too and I think his Defense could be big at home today, so I'll need everyone on my team to do their jobs and get me the maximum amount of scoring possible to put this one away. Brees, you better get it done or else...

Beantown gets the win thanks to Thomas Jones' 2.48 points against Houston

Well there it is kids, week 6 in a nutshell. Good Luck to all and enjoy the weekend!!

50 minutes, can't wait for a lot of these games today.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Week 6 Predictions

Teen Terrors vs Dextruction
LOL! Desean Jackson benched?! 2 bad games and benched?!
LOL! Teen Terrors beat Dextruction so badly they learn spelling
neg rep

Even though he's active, I'm pretty sure I'm sitting Calvin Johnson, since I've got three good options in front of him that I know'll play, and have good matchups. Gah. Sucks, though, to know he's active but have no idea if he'll finish the game, or whether or not he'll be involved.

Sheesh Dex! I come into the room and you start in on me with your neg rep then when I retort you ban me?! Wow I hope youre so temporary here.

yea it was

silly like neg rep for no reason

thought hed come back was a 10 secon ban..lol

Dexter Im curious....when you space your sentences apart do you feel like youre writing a long post? I warned you it wasnt the time or place for the convo but I guess you feel outright namecalling me was lol idk making you look cool or something. If you cant hold your end of the conversation then dont "take your ball and go home" and ban me.

Ive explained the reasons why I neg rep you, and judging from your own profile page here at the site others have also. Your response to all of it is to be worse. I guess that takes less effort huh? Sorry. I didnt mean to ever mentally exhaust you. just sayen

Please contact each other privately if you feel the need to hash this out. Though I'll say, in general, that you'd think at one point one of you would just be the bigger guy and let something slide.

Anyway, football's on. You should all be listening to me whine about how Welker and Wallace are both receptionless after one quarter.

Dexter Im curious....when you space your sentences apart do you feel like youre writing a long post? I warned you it wasnt the time or place for the convo but I guess you feel outright namecalling me was lol idk making you look cool or something. If you cant hold your end of the conversation then dont "take your ball and go home" and ban me.

Ive explained the reasons why I neg rep you, and judging from your own profile page here at the site others have also. Your response to all of it is to be worse. I guess that takes less effort huh? Sorry. I didnt mean to ever mentally exhaust you. just sayen

you mad bro