MoFo Fantasy Football 2010: Week 4

Tools    

Well, my team is terrible apparently but at least I can still pick me some fake games. So, I got that going for me, which is nice. A sparkling 5-2 last week and I really should have been 7-0, I mean really, I keep looking at Juno's numbers and I still can't believe that she lost and Seds team's troubles is even more inexplicable than my own. At least he has some receivers.

Oh well, my record now stands at 11-10 for the year so that means its time to get all serious and junk and start picking these games for reals.

So then, um, wow! Like, why is everybody trading away their best players? I mean, I certainly understand to a certain extent but MJD? All Day? Aaron Rodgers? I have a hard time believing that the teams that are trading these guys away will be better off at the end of the year, but hey, I've been wrong before. It will be fun to see how all of this shakes out at the end of the year, that's for sure. Chris does a fantastic job of analyzing stats and I'm fairly certain he'll be all over most of these numbers come the end of the year.

So, who's gonna win this week? Not me, but that's OK, I've resigned myself to the fact that my moves didn't work and I may try to do a few more tweaks at some point but you can't just overturn an entire roster and get a winner in this league, so, I may just have to ride out this broken down ship. No biggie.

Odd Squad vs. Dextruction

My pick: Dextruction... moving on

11 Angry Men vs. Team Zissou

I'll save you all the in depth analysis. Team Zissou made two huge deals this week, whether or not he even needed to really is up in the air I reckon. Should be really interesting to see how this works out by the end of the year. What's weird is that he made these deals and now is probably even better of than he was. Pretty suave moves if that turns out to be the case.

My pick: Team Zissou (inserting something clever here)

His Own Ego vs. Sookie's Suckers

Wow, tough one. Bradford of all people may be the difference as Seattle is all smoke and mirrors and could very easily kick this game on Sunday.

My pick: Sookie, shake that ass, show me what you're workin' with!!!

The Replicants vs. GWOW

GWOW is rolling, will the addition of AP help The Replicants? Not this week as Minny is on a bye and now Seds will be without Andre. Tough luck.

My pick: GWOW 4-0, nice work.

The Tongo Express vs. Beantown Champs

Beantown crafted himself a fine looking team and looks poised to make a run deep into the year this year. I like him this week too. Maybe not quite as much a Yahoo does but yeah.

My pick: Beantown Champs, Forte in the bum bum... heh heh

Hired Goons vs. The No Name Gang

I really agree with most of the Yahoo ranking this week I guess. Although with all of the trades things will change for several teams, but not these two so, uh, yeah. There it is.

My pick: Hired Goons..."Your wife is a Bigfoot Gus."

Teen Terrors vs. Flash

I still think Teen Terrors got jobbed last week but my math skills don't go much past 10 so I can't count high anough to double check the Yahoo math that cost her team the game last week. And between Cutler and McFadden (as much as I hate to say it) she's really got a nice looking team. Especially if she's done with the Palmer experiment. It appears she is this week anyway.

My pick: Teen Terors via Reggie Wayne = Flashy going something something

Well, there you have it once more MoFo's

Who made out like a bandit in all of the trades this week?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I guess it is that time once again, as PW has noted. Lots of big trades are a happenin' and most of them by 1-2 or 0-3 teams looking to shake a few leaves off of the hope tree. There really isn't much to lose by doing this anyways. Here's how I see it all shaking out....

The No Name Gang vs. Hired Goons

Perhaps this is finally the week that D Williams actually does something? Oh, who am I kidding. If he can get it done this week, it would set up for a promising start to his No Name Gang career. One thing that will happen is Andre Johnson getting it done, proving he is a top 5 WR in this league. The gang has seemingly assembled the best trio of WR's now that Chris has traded away Moss. Brady better come to play for the Goons, because this could seemingly get ugly. Just not enough receptions to go around for Goons team to win this.

The Pick: No Name Gang

11 Angry Men vs. Team Zissou

I normally wouldn't condone trading Moss, but getting MJD back for him is quite the trade. MJD WILL bounce back this weak against a weak Indy run defense. Team Zissou however committed the highway robbery trade of the year. Very clever to trade away Vick when he is seemingly at his fantasy peak. Aaron Rodgers is definitely top 3 fantasy QB material. This puts Team Z on the map as a potential favorite for the league. And he proves his worth for team Z straight from the get go. However, Welker goes ballistic with about a dozen catches and steals a victory.

The Pick: 11 Angry Men

His Own Ego vs. Sookie's Suckers

Definitely a surprising matchup between 2 surprising teams. I don't know what else to say. Arian Foster puts up huge numbers once again. That combined with a solid performance from Sam Bradford gets it done for Sookie. Brandon Lloyd gives his best disappearing act yet.

The Pick: Sookie's Suckers

The Replicants vs. GWOW

The Replicants can't wait to get to use AP. He could have used him this week. John Carlson lights it up though, as does Colston to keep it ultra close. In the end, CJ and another good Lance Moore week puts GWOW on top and keeps him undefeated.

The Pick: GWOW

The Tongo Express vs. Beantown Champs

The Rivers and Gates show shows up for a 4th consecutive week, keeping us all wondering if Rivers and Gates will connect for a TD all 16 weeks. And Brandon Jackson much to my shock steals a TD and puts together a half way decent performance. This Aaron Hernandez guy also puts up Gates like numbers for this week, as Drew Brees also does his thing. In perhaps the closest matchup of the week, it all comes down to San Diego defense having a great game against Derek Anderson and the Cards

The Pick: Beantown Champs

PW's Odd Squad vs. Dextruction

Dex, how oh how can you trade away Rodgers. The pain will be felt this week as Vick comes up empty on the TD front. But hey somebody's got to win this one. Gradkowski, Tate and Gaffney dominate. Ok, ok so I was kidding. Dex gets his 1st victory thanks to Mr. Tony G and Hines Ward.....finally!

The Pick: Dextruction

Teen Terrors vs. The Flash

The most intriguing of the matchups this week to me, Flash's Colts vs. Juno's Waynes. And wow does Reggie Wayne go off here. At least 7 catches and 2 TD's is his minimum for this week. Jay Cutler has also proved his worth and has a decent matchup against the Giants. Just too much spread out talent for Team Terrors compared to Flash's all Colts talent, which really doesn't help when the Colts are up against the Jags and pull a majority of their starters by the beginning of the 4th.

The Pick: Teen Terrors

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
PW's Odd Squad vs. Dextruction

Dex, how oh how can you trade away Rodgers. The pain will be felt this week as Vick comes up empty on the TD front. But hey somebody's got to win this one. Gradkowski, Tate and Gaffney dominate. Ok, ok so I was kidding. Dex gets his 1st victory thanks to Mr. Tony G and Hines Ward.....finally!

The Pick: Dextruction
The only thing we agree on is the win. haha

Redskins are 31st against the pass. My guess on Vicks line is 345 yds 3 TD's Pa And 1 Ru.

Ravens have yet to surrender a TD to a WR this season.

Hines Ward will be sitten this week, while Brian Hartline has a big PPR day vs the woeful Pats D.

With tolbert gone, the decison i have to make is which backup RB to start.

The matchups are horrid.

Willy Mac vs Steelers
Chris Ivory vs Carolina
Kevin Smith vs Green Bay
Ryan Torain vs Philly

I'll probably roll with willy mac (psst steelers arent goin to 4-0)

Ok heres a week 4 sunday lineup question -

In my swing slot should I start Green Bay RB Brandon Jackson vs Detroit or Miami WR Davonne Bess vs New England?

Or should I start them both and bench Houston WR Kevin Walter @ Oakland? Oakland is 2nd best in the NFL vs the pass.

Well with Wayne, TDs are a wash, unless he runs it in and catches are at least some points for Manning - it works both ways of course, but TT does have the edge. I also see Cutler turning the ball over in NY. I still like my chances here.

Tongo..i wouldn't bench Kevin Walter. With Andre Johnson hobbled, he probably won't play in the 2nd half.

Even if he plays the whole game, Oakland gives up alot of yards underneath, and Walter lives there.

The Andre situation is making things pretty tricky. Normally, if he's out, I play Jacoby Jones over Mike Wallace, particularly with the latter against Baltimore and Big Ben still out. That said, Andre might play some. Nnamdi's involved, but I've also heard that he tends to line up on one side of the field...but not always. For example, apparently he shadowed Andre last year. So would he do the same about Jacoby? Probably not, given that Walter would presumably be the #1.

Add to that: Oakland's been very good against the pass so far, and fairly bad against the run, so they could give it to Arian Foster all day, like they did against the Colts.

Oh, and it's a 4:00 PM game. Wallace plays at 1:00 PM. D'oh!

Leaning slightly towards Jacoby at the moment, though primarily because I think Batch is going to struggle, not playing Tampa Bay's pass defense this week and all.

Jacoby Jones, phsically is Andre Jonson part deux. Sunday is his coming out party.

edit-

so far the Oak Def has faced Tenn, St. Loo and Az. The Texans are in a whole different league.

Well, physically, but I'm guessing he's not as high on the talent scale...though who is? But yeah, I'm leaning towards Jones. Wallace was great last week, but both TDs were a little underthrown. I think it was one-third Batch being better than we thought, and two-thirds Tampa Bay's secondary being terrible. Not that the Raven defense is all that scary these days, but I think they're decent.

So, yeah, hopefully Jacoby doesn't let me down. With some of the guys Team Zissou's throwing at me, like Rodgers (thanks a lot, Dex!), I probably can't afford too many holes, though if Best is out his RB situation starts to look precarious. That might be my best chance.

speaking of coming out parties...with Best hobbled..i wonder how much of a look Kevin Smith will get.

whoops..wrong KS...hey im at a movie site.

no ..this guy..

also..if Pierre Thomas is out..Chris Ivory may be the pick-up of the week

Ladell Betts may be, too.

Don't love either, actually. I'm gonna need me a three-side coin to flip to decide which RB to play along with MJD; Betts, Harrison, or Green-Ellis. Leaning towards Harrison, but all three have huge playing time questions.

I think Betts gets the start, with Ivory (who sucked at blocking in the pre-season), in for 3rd downs and goal-line carries.

Willy Mcgahee has the best opportunity, against a formidable foe.

If he can get anywhere near 80 yards and score a TD against the vaunted Steeler D, what with R. Rice stinken out the joint the 1st 3 weeks healthy, Willy Mac may wrassle the starting gig from last years bustout star.

I honestly don't think there's the slightest chance of McGahee regaining the starting role over Rice unless injuries are involved. None. Just my opinion. And that's even if he was stinkin', which he isn't: he has 117 and 96 total yards the last two games, and above a 5.0 YPC average in both of them. His one bad game, the opener, was against the Jets.

He's six years younger and far more talented. I'll be beyond stunned if he loses the job for non-injury reasons.

Of course, you could agree with all this and just be pumping Willis' trade value up. If so, disregard.

not at all.

though if he goes off this week vs the steelers, who handled Chris Johnson easily, its a Conversation the Ravens braintrust can't ignore.

I don't think he would completely take over from Rice..thats silly. However a shared workload ala Carolina with Dwill and Stewart last few years is reasonable.

if that happens..if Willie Mac is pencilled in for 10-12 touches a game + goal-line work, then he warrants consideration in FF imo.

If Rice playing badly is reason enough to have the conversation, well, McGahee's been worse so far, averaging something like half as many YPC. I guess it depends on what you mean by "shared." Even a 50-50 split would be pretty amazing, to my mind. 10-12 touches a game is possible, but I think that would still be something close to a 65-35 split.

Anyway, I think Rice should be okay if the injury doesn't become one of those nagging things, so there's a better than even chance we won't even have an opportunity to find out.

Hard to say. They've given up the 4th-most points to opposing fantasy QBs. Raiders are somewhere in the top half; not great, but above-average, I believe. I'm more worried about the Texans' following their Indy gameplan and running a ton. Throw in Andre being out...and it gets tricky.

Funny thing is, I actually feel like Henne is, if not a better pick, possibly a safer one. I feel far more confident that he'll top at least, say, 15 points, though obviously less confident that he'll have a great game and top 25.

Probably can't do it, but I'm sure tempted to.

again, look at the passing offences that the Raiders have faced so far.

Vince Young to er justin gage

Sam Bradford to Raven throw-away Clayton

Cleveland Brown Refugee!!! Derek Anderson

to say the stats are skewed somewhat is an understatement of epic proportions.

This is true. But the same is true of New England; they've played Carson Palmer (345 yards, 2 TDs), Mark Sanchez (220 yards, 3 TDs), and Ryan Fitzpatrick (247 yards, 2 TDs), so they're getting torched by some pretty poor-to-mediocre QBs. Henne might be the best guy they've faced yet.

I'll probably put Schaub out there anyway, but it's getting really hard not to pencil even terrible QBs in for 15 points against New England, let alone decent ones.