Hmm, the next movie I should go see is...

Tools    

Ted
I am married, two small kids (they won't be coming along), DO NOT get to the movies enough. Gotta get bang for the buck

I was thinking:
o Perfect Storm
o Hollow Man (a strong second choice - love sci-fi)
o X-Men (a definate "not-likely" as per my wife)
o Scary Movie (wanna go but will likely wait for PPV or VHS.)

Any guidance?

The Perfect Storm was good...although not my type of flick...X-Men on the other hand was pure nirvana for me.

In your case it sounds like Hollow Man is the way to go...I'll be away part of the weekend so odds are I won't be able to check it out upon its opening, but I'll definetly see it the weekend after this coming weekend...I just can't get enough!

Let us know what you choose!

Oh side note: gonna bike over to a nearby second run theatre tonight and checkout Gone In Sixty Seconds...saw it in the theatres before, but it's worth seeing again.

I agree - see Hollow Man. It looks like a good movie, and one that I will hopefully see soon. Scary Movie isn't a movie that you have to see in the theatre, and it probably won't loss much when you see it at home.

Hey, i have heard many people on talk shows, in the paper, people on tv who review movies say that hallow man has one of the worst story lines. And that the only reason you would want to see the movie is if you like special effects, they say this was a horrible movie choice for Kevin Bacon. But if you wanna see special effects, then i would go see it. It has lots of sex/nudity in it though, so i don't think i'll be seeing it. Boy, i sure gave this movie a harsh rating!

I better be going -Brian

Hehe, that's right...the plot was fairly hollow, but it just didn't matter. The special effects were worth the price of admission; there's a scene with a gorilla that will totally astound you.

Yes, Brian, there is some nudity...a couple 15-second spurts and one for about a minute...thankfully nothing ridiculous...but pointless nontheless; this inparticular directory also sat at the helm for Showgirls, Starship Troopers and Basic Instinct, which all also had nudity...I guess it's a habit of his.

I thought 'd revive the oldest thread in the forum, and it's this one -- how convinient.

What do you think the next film that you are going to see at the cinema is going to be?

Mine will probably be "Mulholland Dr." or "The Royal Tenebaums" or something. I have no idea what's going to be opening around here in the near future, but my guess would be that I'll be seeing one of these two films next.

gone
Hmm, I'm still awaitin vanilla sky release... wonder why that hasn't come out yet (was meant to be out early jan...)

Not much coming our way in terms of films though:
shooters , long time dead, iris, black hawk down (no interest), ABC Africa, the glass house, lava, etc.

Devil's backbone has got a limited release (only in one cinema and only one time available - 1am) but I'm sure I'll somehow manage to see that

Vanilla Sky is very good -- only it ends in the wrong place. The worse part about the film, is being given an explanation in my opinion.

You should enjoy it.

I'm going to see Lantana tomorrow.

And Vanilla Sky ends exactly in the same place the original film does. I don't think it over-explains anything, I rather like the ending as is. Besides, it's all laid out perfectly clear, and people STILL don't get it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Hmm ... In the Bedroom or the Mothman Prophecies ...

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Grr...release dats here suck D:
I managed to see Jay and Silent Bob, which as only released yesterday.....utterly disappointing when compared to Smith's other movies.

Anyway, only worthwhile movie playing is In the Mood for Love.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Mothman Prophecies looks creepy, and got a good rating. I'm thinkin about checking it out.

Black Hawk Down, LOTR, Orange County, Brotherhood of the Wolf, those are all movies I want to see.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I would have greatly liked to see Vanilla Sky end in the lobby with Good Vibrations playing. It would have been the perfect ending to that movie -- themes and morals and explanations aside, of course.

That makes two of the last four film I saw at the cinema end in the wrong place. The other was Ocean's 11 which while I enjoyed greatly, should have ended with the fountains and the music and the lights. It really should have, in my opinion of course.

Hope you enjoy Lantana, Holden. I eagerly await your review.

World Trade Center.............I am thinking.???

I want to see Cries and Whispers, Haxan, Ratcatcher, and Lord of the Flies!

Jae
Movie Fanatic
so i just had to post a reply to this because it's on the front page yet that post was started when hollow man was in theaters...ummmm August of 2000

Originally Posted by spudracer
Mothman Prophecies looks creepy, and got a good rating. I'm thinkin about checking it out.

Black Hawk Down, LOTR, Orange County, Brotherhood of the Wolf, those are all movies I want to see.
Hmmmmmmmm...