I can't stand this actor/actress

Tools    

Oi To The World!
Originally Posted by gummo
I am not defending Angelina Jolie or anything but every famous person gets their life flaunted all over the media at some point and yeah lately Jolie is in the media eye more than most other actors/esses but her time will end and then another actor with be in the spotlight.
I understand, but at the same time, there are some details an actor never has to reveal to the public, ya know? I mean, unless a camera crew was in the room when Jolie was screwing Billy Bob, how would anyone know about their sex life?

Originally Posted by TS212
I understand, but at the same time, there are some details an actor never has to reveal to the public, ya know? I mean, unless a camera crew was in the room when Jolie was screwing Billy Bob, how would anyone know about their sex life?

Because they talked about it to the press. They made that choice.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Arresting your development
Angelina Jolie can tell me anything...I would listen.

Oi To The World!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Because they talked about it to the press. They made that choice.
Exactly my point! So the media can't be blamed for spreading the story, because the media was sought out and given the story.

I can't stand Orlando Bloom. No talent what so ever. LOTR may have launched his career, but how long will he last?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
I can't stand Orlando Bloom. No talent what so ever. LOTR may have launched his career, but how long will he last?
As long as there'll be horny teenage girls to go out and watch his movies.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Nitzer
As long as there'll be horny teenage girls to go out and watch his movies.
yep! I have got thousand ideas what else and more interesting they could be doing instead!

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Well, at the risk of ticking people off, I can *not* stand Angelina Jolie. I will grant you, she is talented, perhaps even one of the best female actresses of her generation. But her tendency for flaunting her personal life is a real turn off to me. I don't give a fugg if Billy Bob screwed her till she bled. Geez!
She amazes me. I think she's so beautiful. I don't care one way or the other about her acting abilities. However, Tomb Raider is my all time favorite Playstation game, so I have to give her props for being the human version of my hero Lara Croft.

Mel "The Egomaniac" Gibson isn't one of my favorite celebrities either. Note to Mel: you made a film about Jesus, but you ain't him so get over yourself already.
What the hell? He's an ego maniac? Since when? I just think he got sick and tired of critics whining about his pride & joy, so he got a little testy about. I thought he was very humble and gracious excepting the award for Braveheart a couple of years ago. You never see him flashing his family around and he's been married since the 80's to the same woman and he has like 7 kids...I think you've pegged him wrong.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
the person above me...
uhhhhhhhhhhhh, forget it!
What the devil...Frogger?

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
What the devil...Frogger?
uh, never mind... i need an aspirin... been jumpin' too quick

Kate Mulgrew
There’s just something about her look and voice that drives me up the wall. She has a mouth that seems to be in a constant state of sneering; even when she smiles. I disliked Star Trek Voyager as much as I dislike her.

Martin Lawrence
This guy annoys me beyond belief. He plays the same role every single movie he does; loud mouthed, smart ass, always gotta crack a joke. Hey, wise up, Martin. That stereotype already ruined Eddie Murphy’s career!

John Travolta
Since Get Shorty, Travolta has done nothing but play lackluster characters in a lackluster manner, and has bored the hell out of me. I’d gladly take him off my list if he would quit taking any script that came his way. In my opinion, he’s grossly overrated.

Julia Roberts
I just can’t get into her acting. She’s an actress that carries over mannerisms from film to film that distract me. My least favorite is that one moment in every one of her films when she lets out her big horsy laugh guffaw. doG, I hate that.

Debra Messing
I have yet to see what other people see in this woman. She overacts all the time. She’s not funny. I just don’t get the appeal. I have yet to see her in anything that made an impression of talent of any sort.

Treat Williams
It’s not like Treat has had a whole lot of breaks in A-list movies, but maybe that’s because he doesn’t have a leading man appeal. I don’t know. Usually, if I see he actually ‘stars’ in a film; I walk on by.

Hilary Duff
Yeah, she’s a wet dream for dads everywhere. Yeah, she ain’t hard on the eyes. But, since when is sex appeal talent? Oh yeah, since the last couple of decades or so. I’m so sick of the slew of pretty young actors that have no real talent becoming so damn famous. It makes me sick. What Hollywood needs is a rush of ‘homely’ actors to take over like there was in the seventies. Then maybe there will be less worship of the beautiful, and more respect for the talented. I can make a list of 100 new actors that suck the leprous donkey d**k, and are only famous because they’re hot…but why bore you with pictures of people like Paris Hilton?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Kate Mulgrew
There’s just something about her look and voice that drives me up the wall. She has a mouth that seems to be in a constant state of sneering; even when she smiles. I disliked Star Trek Voyager as much as I dislike her.
I am with you on this one LordyLord.

Treat Williams
It’s not like Treat has had a whole lot of breaks in A-list movies, but maybe that’s because he doesn’t have a leading man appeal. I don’t know. Usually, if I see he actually ‘stars’ in a film; I walk on by.
I like Treat, I loved him in 'The Ritz'

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I'm sorry, but I just fkn HAAATE Nichole Kidman. She always looks so darn conceited, it even shows in her acting. Shes like "Yeah, I know im THE GAL" well look at the screen name lady!

And she looks exactly like an albino python. long, white, and venemous.

Even back in, for example, Days of Thunder, she has these facial features like she is made of plastic. Its horrible. The woman should just stop acting like she owns the screen!

/rant

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Mel "The Egomaniac" Gibson isn't one of my favorite celebrities either. Note to Mel: you made a film about Jesus, but you ain't him so get over yourself already.
If you ruled an actor or actress in due to ego, you would have to include all of them.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Treat Williams
I thought he did a damn good job in Prince of the City.

What about his role as Critical Bill in Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead?

I think the real reason you don't like him is his nickname is 'Treat.'

Add Laura Linney to my list.

I love Laura Linney.

And while Treat Williams has had almost no good roles since the early 1980s when he started making horrible career choices, he is indeed great in Sidney Lumet's Prince of the City (1981) as well as Milos Forman's big screen adaptation of Hair (1979) and in Joyce Chopra's Smooth Talk (1985) with Laura Dern. I also like him as the comic heavy in Spielberg's 1941 (1979) and as Jimmy Conway in Leone's epic Once Upon A Time in America (1984). And while the film is not very good, I like him personally in The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper (1981).

But since that string of flicks, the only thing he's at all impressed me in is HBO's "The Late Shift" (1996) where he plays Mike Ovitz with great glee and a supporting role in a small but great little flick called Where the Rivers Flow North (1993) starring Rip Torn and Tantoo Cardinal. He's OK in Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead and The Devil's Own, but they aren't very good movies and he's not asked to do much. But that he's been stuck in material like Deep Rising and straight-to-video The Substitute sequels, it's not like the guy is getting many opportunities to prove he can act.

I've never watched an episode of "Everwood". Not because I don't like Treat on screen, but because I can't stomach that touchy-feely, weepy-soapy, heavy-handed drama crap on the WB. *GAG* But from what I see when I flip by it, at least Treat is getting to do more than when he's running from sea monsters or battling gang members while teaching math. So maybe a good director will pluck him off the scrapheap and give his movie career a much needed long overdue shot in the arm?

ANYway...

I like some of Treat's work, but he's had too many years of starring in ***** productions. I feel the same way about Travolta, Berenger (who I used to love), Modine, Stoltz, and Hutton. I think they are all talented, but have made too many lousy choices. I do understand that for some of 'em, it comes down to work or no work, but still.

Of all the ones I just listed, I'd like to see Berenger make a come-back.

Unfortunately, A&E cancelled Nero Wolfe, because that was Hutton's perfect role. It was such a joy seeing him in that.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I like some of Treat's work, but he's had too many years of starring in ***** productions. I feel the same way about Travolta, Berenger (who I used to love), Modine, Stoltz, and Hutton. I think they are all talented, but have made too many lousy choices. I do understand that for some of 'em, it comes down to work or no work, but still.
But to me, those are very, very different things than your automatic, deep-seeded, knee-jerk hate of Julia Roberts. Julia you just plain don't like, no matter what the movie or the role - which is what this thread is supposed to be about. Treat Williams, Timothy Hutton and Tom Berenger, they just aren't in any good movies anymore - which is not what the thread was looking for. You need to put them in the 'actors in need of comebacks' thread, not the 'actors I can't stand the very sight of' thread.

And if you haven't seen Prince of the City at all or in a very long time, track it down. Not only is Treat great in it, but it's the best film role Jerry Orbach ever had too. It's one of Lumet's best, and while not quite the same level as Serpico it's better than Q&A and Night Falls on Manhattan (which are both still good). Unfortunately Prince of the City is not yet available on DVD.