Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Haven't seen Antichrist (will be interested to hear what you think), but Barton Fink is awesome. Enjoy

Thanks to various outspoken members of this site, I plan to further my film education tonight by watching either

or

I'm watching my 10th Coen Brothers film today:
Now thats my kind of a day

I've just finished reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X so I think I'll check out Spike Lee's film.
(what did you think of the book?)

(what did you think of the book?)
I thought it was great. I'm quite familiar with Malcolm X's life, but the book gave me a lot more insight into the man. (This was bound to happen, though, seeing as it is from his perspective - to an extent.)

I suggest you try reading if you have an interest in him, or in the Civil rights movement in general.

Have you seen the film?

I read it almost 30 years ago, but his sense of conviction and several striking passages are still clear in my mind. I thought it was a well put-together book with the help of Alex Haley.

And I saw the film when it first came out. I'll wait to give my opinion on that till after you've seen it.

The first one is significantly better.
I haven't seen The Mirror yet, but I'd be significantly shocked if this was to be true.

The first one is significantly better.
In that case I'll watch Persona first so I have something to look forward to.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Mulholland Drive I still give it a 6.5/10. One of those where I feel like I have no clue what is going on. But I think I am a bit closer with the 2nd watch. Still an enjoyable film though.

Mulholland Drive I still give it a 6.5/10. One of those where I feel like I have no clue what is going on. But I think I am a bit closer with the 2nd watch. Still an enjoyable film though.
It's not that difficult.
You should read a little bit about the plot of the movie, if you really have no clue of what's going on. It will be more rewarding the next time you watch it.

Who's going to believe a talking head?
Persona > The Mirror

Both are mandatory viewing though. The best of Tarkovsky, the best of Bergman.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's not that difficult.
You should read a little bit about the plot of the movie, if you really have no clue of what's going on. It will be more rewarding the next time you watch it.
I have a little bit, but a part of me wants to figure a majority of it out for myself.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Back to the Future - Because time travelling supercars are awesome, and because Lea Thompson was gorgeous back in the 1980's...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

In that case I'll watch Persona first so I have something to look forward to.
Have you watched any Tarkovsky yet? The Mirror should be the last one to watch, it is his least accessible movie.

Persona, on the other hand, is much easier to watch. Not as easy as a blockbuster, but still quite easier than The Mirror.

Anyway, Tarkovsky's Stalker is better than these two movies.

Have you watched any Tarkovsky yet? The Mirror should be the last one to watch, it is his least accessible movie.

Persona, on the other hand, is much easier to watch. Not as easy as a blockbuster, but still quite easier than The Mirror.

Anyway, Tarkovsky's Stalker is better than these two movies.
Ok, I'll take your word for it. Which Tarkovsky movie/s should I watch first?

I have a copy of Solaris.

I guess, from what you just said, I should get hold of Stalker too....

P.S. No, I've never watched a Tarkovsky film

My night looks pretty good:

Adaptation. (2002)

It seems to get a lot of critical acclaim and it is of course a script by the famous Charlie Kaufman, so I'm hoping for a very original film with an interesting story.
I'm still not exactly sure what to expect, though. That makes it even more interesting!

----------------------------------
The Master (2012)

It's the only PTA movie I haven't seen yet. I loved all of his movies so far, therefore my expectations are pretty high. I hope I won't be disappointed, but I trust in Anderson's 'masterly' skills.