Great Movies Made in your Home Town or City

Tools    

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Hitchcock's The Birds, was filmed NEAR me. Nothing but a stinkin' Ford commercial was actually filmed IN my town, though.
I've walked the sidewalks of Bodega Bay many times, they are familiar to the soles of my feet. Very neat little town.

Now With Moveable Parts
My family and I have a little vacation house there.

I can't think of any that were actually in my hometown, but Flirting With Disaster has a little montage including shots of the Kellogg factory and Battle Creek stuff which is near me. Have you ever seen the World's Greatest Police Chases where the sixteen year old girl steals the cop car? Stone's throw from my house.

You threw rocks at her? Dude, that's just not right.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I can only give you a handfull of decent movies filmed in my COUNTRY.

Nothing near me.
But that will change, when the time is right.

what country do u live in? i cant think of any that dont hae some really good ones.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Well, Australia. Not only are there a heap of great Australian films, but a heap of overseas projects that were done here too, what I'm saying is that there are none at all filmed anywhere near me and my town.

It's called Mt. Gambier, get a map and see if you can find it.

The matrix! ohh wait nevermind i think thats only the matrix 2 thats being filmed there. MI2 was filmed there but that sucked. yeah i guess yo are screwed

No. I am not screwed, because the fact that those movies were made here has nothing to do with me. They were made over 10,000 KM from me.

However, "The Matrix" was made here. "Matrix : Reloaded" is being filmed here. "Moulin Rouge!" was made here [and is an Australian film]. "Lantana". "Pricilla Queen of the Desert". "The Interview".

There are an absoloute heap.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

There are an absoloute heap.

Now With Moveable Parts
OH! heh-heh. I read it wrong. I thought you said..."they're an absolute heap." so I was wondering of what heap you were speaking of...sorry. My bad. Don't be frustrated with me.