Polish Corner

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Appreciate the sarcasm.
Yeah I dont think my uncle would appreciate the use of that word, either. His heritage was Polish Jew. Vale Uncle Barry. I wish I had gotten to know you better.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My grandma told me when Soviet soldiers came to their village they were so hungry they were digging up raw potatoes, eating unripe apples, and even trying to chew on their belts. They were extremely dirty and overall in a tragic shape.

She also told me one day some "chink-eyed devils" came to the village and were raping women, cut off one's breasts with a saw and almost killed her mother. She fell and one of them started pulling her hair dragging her across the floor. Then my grandma started crying and begging him and some miracle happened because he let her go.

Germans, on the other hand, were always elegant. They treated villagers with chocolate, and most of the time behaved very dandy, according to soldierly code. Of course it didn't stop them from killing some people in the village if they got an order or taking some of them to Treblinka (including my grandma's father), but yeah, they made a much better first impression.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

My grandma told me when Soviet soldiers came to their village they were so hungry they were digging up raw potatoes, eating unripe apples, and even trying to chew on their belts. They were extremely dirty and overall in a tragic shape.

She also told me one day some "chink-eyed devils" came to the village and were raping women, cut off one's breasts with a saw and almost killed her mother. She fell and one of them started pulling her hair dragging her across the floor. Then my grandma started crying and begging him and some miracle happened because he let her go.

Germans, on the other hand, were always elegant. They treated villagers with chocolate, and most of the time behaved very dandy, according to soldierly code. Of course it didn't stop them from killing some people in the village if they got an order or taking some of them to Treblinka (including my grandma's father), but yeah, they made a much better first impression.
Chink eyed devils means Uzbeks Turkmens Kazakhs etc that formed part of the Soviet army .

Yeah I dont think my uncle would appreciate the use of that word, either. His heritage was Polish Jew. Vale Uncle Barry. I wish I had gotten to know you better.
It is because of Soviet valour and the dogged courage that they showed in fighting the german war machine that Germany was defeated. There is no denying that. Admittedly lots of barbarities occurred in the war from all sides.

It is because of Soviet valour and the dogged courage that they showed in fighting the german war machine that Germany was defeated. There is no denying that. Admittedly lots of barbarities occurred in the war from all sides.
My history studies of the 2 Greatwars was that it was the was the severity of the winter?

My history studies of the 2 Greatwars was that it was the was the severity of the winter?
Yes , the Russians used to say that they had two great generals to help them win and those were general January and general February

But the German soldiers were the best soldiers the world had seen and it required great sacrifices from the Soviet people to fight the Germans . There is no denying the bitter fight given by the Soviets whose weapons were of inferior quality to German weapons.

Even after d day happened and the Americans and British opened a second front against Germany , three fourth of the German forces were fighting the Russians and only one fourth of German troops faced the British and Americans . So the lion's share of the fighting was done by Russians .

Yes , the Russians used to say that they had two great generals to help them win and those were general January and general February

But the German soldiers were the best soldiers the world had seen and it required great sacrifices from the Soviet people to fight the Germans . There is no denying the bitter fight given by the Soviets whose weapons were of inferior quality to German weapons.

Even after d day happened and the Americans and British opened a second front against Germany , three fourth of the German forces were fighting the Russians and only one fourth of German troops faced the British and Americans . So the lion's share of the fighting was done by Russians .
yes I remember the older generation talking about what great soldiers they were, and how they had the best uniforms. OMG my stepmother said that. What a stupid bloody thing to say. Yes ofcourse let's focus on the fashion show on the tundra, shall we. I've just this minute remembered that. She reminds me of someone on this forum as a matter of fact.

Good lord, Mr Min, I missed your post earlier. What dreAdful things your grandma experienced in her liftime. I remember talking to a polish aussie last century who told me she fills her garage with food and keeeps it stocked AT all times because she has never forgotten the starvation when she wsas a tiny little child.

On that note, my typing tells me I have to go get my daily allottment of sun before I get really cold. Back soon.

Chink eyed devils means Uzbeks Turkmens Kazakhs etc that formed part of the Soviet army .
I figured as much myself.
Well, that's because they were literally let towards the enemy like a herd. Stalin said "You will run out of bullets faster than we run out of men". But yes, there were many tactical wins too.
What dreAdful things your grandma experienced in her liftime.
She experienced more than that. One other story I remember is when there were Germans in the village and they were shooting people, so my grandma and her entire family hide in a trench (or rather just a hole they dug up in earth), but my grandma was young and reckless and didn't compherend the danger, so she simply got out of the hole and kept leisury walking around, playing etc. Then a German soldier spotted her, told her to put her hands up and aimed at her from his machine pistol, but after a couple of seconds he simply left.

She experienced more than that. One other story I remember is when there were Germans in the village and they were shooting people, so my grandma and her entire family hide in a trench (or rather just a hole they dug up in earth), but my grandma was young and reckless and didn't compherend the danger, so she simply got out of the hole and kept leisury walking around, playing etc. Then a German soldier spotted her, told her to put her hands up and aimed at her from his machine pistol, but after a couple of seconds he simply left.
I bet she did.

I visited the Berlin wall with my family before it came down. I was just a little kid but I still remember soldiers on the eastern side torturing a german shepherd dog by jamming sticks in it;s ear and when my mum went to the front of the tour bus and got out then started screaming at the soldiers to stop hurting the dog and that they were bastards they all pointed their rifles at her and told her to STFU. She asked our young, handsome Dutch tourguide what would have happened if she didnt get straight back on the bus he said they would have shot her. Now th atwaas several decades after the war had ended so beggars belief what sort of stuff went down during war.

My ex Polish boyfriend was the son of a Woman who was very pretty and had to whore herself out to German soldiers to survive. His Dad was Polish underground and ended up in a Russian PoW camp after almost killing Hitler twice. He had to hide himself under the bodies of shot Polish men and women and children t survive. Horrifying stuff.

I still remember going to one of the concentration camps with ovens. OMG how I didnt wet my pants is beyond me. It was a little too muh for a little girll to remember, especially when my mum told me little girls my age would have been stuck in the ovens. god humans are so despicable to each other!
It's just too much to cope with some times.

Your ex-boyfriend was Polish, Sedai's wife is Polish. POLAND STRONK

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
My grandman didn't like to tell about war, but once she told me the story, that German soldiers were in her family house and took everything they want to. Germans saw Ukrainian soldiers and told resident to hide in the basement. When Ukrainian soldiers came, started to rive hens and kill every other animals, take everything what wasn't already taken by Germans and damage everything else. So @Mr Minio's and my grandmatoher stories confirm each other. The way of killing by German was more "elegant".

Germans were very meticulous too. They had to document everything.

My grandman didn't like to tell about war, but once she told me the story, that German soldiers were in her family house and took everything they want to. Germans saw Ukrainian soldiers and told resident to hide in the basement. When Ukrainian soldiers came, started to rive hens and kill every other animals, take everything what wasn't already taken by Germans and damage everything else. So @Mr Minio's and my grandmatoher stories confirm each other. The way of killing by German was more "elegant".
You guys should write these down as memoirs befpre your grandma's experiences are forgotten with your generation.

Germans, on the other hand, were always elegant. They treated villagers with chocolate, and most of the time behaved very dandy, according to soldierly code.
This has to be the most preposterous statement I have ever read. You have heard of German concentration camps I suppose?

“Chink eyed devils”? Nice description of orientals.

This has to be the most preposterous statement I have ever read. You have heard of German concentration camps I suppose?
Stop answering only to provoke. I'm starting to think you're doing it deliberately. Also read the entire post before replying. In the very same post I wrote about Treblinka. You can be both elegant and a murderer, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. Not to mention the aforementioned soldiers were regular soldiers, that is Wehrmacht, not SS. Yep, Wehrmacht took part in war crimes too, but it consisted of regular soldiers, and among those you could find both good and bad people. Besides the fact of treating somebody with chocolate doesn't really mean much. I suppose they might have been doing it just to amuse themselves.
“Chink eyed devils”? Nice description of orientals.
When such people enter your village, rape your neighbours, then enter your house and are about to kill your mother, I'd say it's still a pretty tame description. Not to mention these words do not describe all orientals, but only this particular group of people that plundered the village that day.

Stop answering only to provoke. I'm starting to think you're doing it deliberately.
Coming from you, that’s rich.

A song I like a lot from the Polish group Muchy.
No idea what is being sung about the city Poznan, but the music's great.