Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Tongo - I just saw Trump interviewed by Hannity (his first interview since winning the election) and Trump was actually asked what he could say to ease the fears & anger of his many detractors and all those that supported Hillary, or Bernie, or Gary, or Jill....

So rest easy my friend because Trump offered these words of faith, hope and comfort to all those that are anxious, worried or scared, he said (not verbatim)...
"I'd let them know that it's going to be so good... once we get going it's going to be so, so good, believe me. Because we are going to make America great again and people will start to see how good it's going to be. We're going to have jobs and it's going to be so good, believe me."

Wow! Just... just... inspired!

Up until this year, I had no idea (or had simply forgotten) that this place had an Ignore User button. Now I can't forget.
Didn't you say that you: "Don't give a f*ck about your war or your president." Apparently you do This is the Donald Trump for President thread after all.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
man, Yoda - i commend you for trying. i think you're gonna just keep hearin' cricks, tho.
Really? In my eyes, you guys have managed to smear the lines between entertainment and serious politics, a long time ago. Reagan, Ventura, Schwarzenegger, Trump, etc. On the other hand, the wannabe serious politicians, like Hillary and Weiner, haven't been able to distinguish themselves much, from a sideshow circus reality show. In my view, nostromo87 is posting with the times ("they are a changing") and having a good carefree old time. Yoda, in my view, is desperately trying to give meaning, analysis and substance to the sideshow circus reality show (but, only to the Trump one). When I read his posts, I can't take them any more seriously than I do nostromo's. To me, for all his Trump aimed efforts, he might as well be trying to explain and analyze Kim and Kanye. How is Kanye's bi-polar breakdown progressing, by the way?

Welcome to the human race...
Didn't you say that you: "Don't give a f*ck about your war or your president." Apparently you do This is the Donald Trump for President thread after all.
On the other hand, you may be a citizen but you sure as hell don't rule.

Surely you haven't forgotten how when you're wrong it isn't the first time in this thread
Tell me which is worse: being wrong about whether he'd win, or being wrong about what kind of President he would be? Because we're amassing tons of evidence that his critics were dead on in pinpointing how many of his campaign positions were bunk
If you want to say I'm not a particularly good political prognosticator, I won't argue with you. But I saw what kind of person Trump was almost immediately, and that made it easy to predict how many (and sometimes, which) campaign promises were nonsense. That's being proven right, right now, every day.

If you don't agree, you can start explaining the contradictions I've been pointing out. You can start how explaining how an actual wall isn't that important, Mexico paying for it isn't that important, conflicts of interest suddenly don't matter, bailouts are suddenly good...etc.

Reagan, Ventura, Schwarzenegger, Trump, etc. On the other hand, the wannabe serious politicians, like Hillary and Weiner, haven't been able to distinguish themselves much, from a sideshow circus reality show.
These are pretty cherry-picked: you mention four politicians, alongside tens of thousands of others, spread out over 40 years of American politics, two of which ran relatively normal campaigns, anyway. They stand out in our minds not because they are the norm, but because they are the exception. And contrary examples, like Al Franken, have been left out.

In my view, nostromo87 is posting with the times ("they are a changing") and having a good carefree old time. Yoda, in my view, is desperately trying to give meaning, analysis and substance to the sideshow circus reality show (but, only to the Trump one). When I read his posts, I can't take them any more seriously than I do nostromo's. To me, for all his Trump aimed efforts, he might as well be trying to explain and analyze Kim and Kanye.
There really isn't much data to support the idea that voters don't care about substance, at least not any less than they ever have. In Wisconsin, a fifth of Trump voters disapproved of him, but voted for him anyway. That's not what you'd expect to see if people were just voting for people based on their entertainment value.

The truth matters for its own sake, and I'm pretty sure it still matters to most voters, so that's what I'm gonna post about. If you can't take substance seriously, then they're not really meant for you. But don't worry, there's an entire Internet free of substance for you to enjoy, instead.

Really? In my eyes, you guys have managed to smear the lines between entertainment and serious politics, a long time ago. Reagan, Ventura, Schwarzenegger, Trump, etc. On the other hand, the wannabe serious politicians, like Hillary and Weiner, haven't been able to distinguish themselves much, from a sideshow circus reality show. In my view, nostromo87 is posting with the times ("they are a changing") and having a good carefree old time. Yoda, in my view, is desperately trying to give meaning, analysis and substance to the sideshow circus reality show (but, only to the Trump one). When I read his posts, I can't take them any more seriously than I do nostromo's. To me, for all his Trump aimed efforts, he might as well be trying to explain and analyze Kim and Kanye. How is Kanye's bi-polar breakdown progressing, by the way?
Damn, thats possibly the most telling thing about your post MM. You laud trolling needling in the same capacity as someone thats patiently been attempting to articulate and have intelligent conversation. Nostro isnt having a carefree good ol time they are a changin.....thats just b.s. , hes trolling. Hes a troll, he and Sexy use Trump as a vehicle to annoy. Care to explain why a gay man would support Trump? He cant.

All your piddle paddle input is only trying to further the trolls cause. To legitimize his trolling so it can continue. I see right thru you. Of course, thats just my opinion.

I was going to mention Franken if Yoda hadn't. Love how he is suspiciously absent when metioning entertainers turned politicians who don't have a firm grasp on the political machine. Entertainers getting into politics doesn't inherently bother me. When they can't leave that persona at the door it does though. In my opinion Trump and Ventura didn't. The others did although I am reluctant to give Franken credit because I abhor his politics.

There really isn't much data to support the idea that voters don't care about substance, at least not any less than they ever have.
The lack of issues in this election didn't really seem to be an issue. Many noticed and weren't too bothered by the lack of substance.

Care to explain why a gay man would support Trump?
Upbringing, community, surroundings. Not all gay people reside in blue zones.

As Yoda said, "In Wisconsin, a fifth of Trump voters disapproved of him, but voted for him anyway.", so, gay people can vote their conscience.

Touching on another issue, self-haters come in all shapes and sizes, races, religions, orientations, etc.

The only UK entertainer i can think of that had pretty big success in politics here is Glenda Jackson who won two oscars and was later an mp for 23 years; up until she retired last year actually. I know there's probably some really obvious ones i'm not thinking of though.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
The only UK entertainer i can think of that had pretty big success in politics here is Glenda Jackson who won two oscars and was later an mp for 23 years; up until she retired last year actually. I know there's probably some really obvious ones i'm not thinking of though.
Katie Price ran as an independent one year, how could you possibly forget that?

The lack of issues in this election didn't really seem to be an issue. Many noticed and weren't too bothered by the lack of substance.
There were plenty of issues in this election. Just because they didn't receive as much air time as Trump's daily hair bonfires doesn't mean the voters didn't care about them.

They were also bothered enough to drive Trump's disapproval ratings sky high, which doesn't really jibe with the idea that people were fine with his behavior, or have stopped caring about conduct or substance. They just disliked Hillary, too.

Seems clear a lot of people are learning the wrong lessons from this election. I don't envy the next national figure to try this same playbook against an opponent even marginally more appealing than Clinton.

EDIT: forgot to mention: GOP House candidates outpolled Trump, despite largely being boring old non-reality TV candidates talking about their boring ol' substance-y stuff. This is basically impossible to reconcile with your theory of the election. Trump won in spite of what you're describing, not because of it.

Found this on Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...politicians#UK

List of actor-politicians

UK: Other than Jackson Cheryle Hall and Al Murray are the only ones i've heard of i think.

Tracy Brabin (Labour) (Member of Parliament)
Michael Cashman (Labour) (Member of the European Parliament)
Andrew Faulds (Labour) (Member of Parliament)
Richard Franklin (UKIP) (Stood in the 2001 General election for UKIP, has stood in 4 general elections for 4 different parties)
Cheryl Hall (Labour) (Prospective Parliamentary Candidate in 1997)
Glenda Jackson (Labour) (Member of Parliament)
Al Murray (Independent) (Prospective Parliamentary Candidate in 2015)

US:

Al Franken (Democrat) (U.S. Senator, Minnesota; incumbent)
Alan Autry (Republican) (Mayor of Fresno, California)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Republican) (Governor of California)
Ben Jones (Democrat) (U.S. Congressman, 4th District of Georgia)
Ben Stein (Republican) (Speechwriter for Presidents Richard M. Nixon and Gerald R. Ford)
Clay Aiken (Democrat) (unsuccessful nominee for U.S. House of Representatives, North Carolina's 2nd congressional district, 2014)
Clint Eastwood (Republican, but describes himself as libertarian) (Mayor of Carmel, California)
Donald Trump (Republican) (President-elect of the United States)
Fred Grandy (Republican) (U.S. Representative, Iowa)
Fred Thompson (Republican) (U.S. Senator, Tennessee and unsuccessful presidential candidate)
George Murphy (Republican) (U.S. Senator, California)
Helen Gahagan (Democrat) (U.S. Representative, 14th District of California)
Jack Kelly, mayor of Huntington Beach, Calif.
Jerry Springer (Democrat) (Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio)
Jesse Ventura (formerly Reform; currently Independence Party of Minnesota) (Governor of Minnesota)
John Davis Lodge (Republican) (Governor of Connecticut)
John Gavin (Republican) (U.S. diplomat; Ambassador to Mexico)
Kal Penn (Democrat) (Associate Director in the White House Office of Public Engagement for the Barack Obama administration)
Melissa Gilbert (Democrat)
Nancy Kulp (Democrat) (unsuccessful nominee for U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania)
Raj Bhakta (Republican) (unsuccessful candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania)
Ralph Waite (Democrat) (unsuccessful nominee for U.S. House of Representatives)
Robert Montgomery (Republican)
Ronald Reagan (Republican) (Governor of California, President of the United States)
Sheila Kuehl (Democrat) (California State Senator)
Shirley Temple Black (Republican) (U.S. diplomat; Ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia, Chief of Protocol of the United States)
Sonny Bono (Republican) (U.S. Representative, 44th District of California)
Stephen Peace (Democrat) (California State Senator)
Wendell Corey (City councilman of Santa Monica, California), (Republican) (unsuccessful candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, California), 1966

A weird amount of boxers end up politicians. The two most famous ones are probably Manny Pacquiao who is a mp in the Phillipines and Vitali Klitschko who is the Mayor of Kiev and was even considering running for President of Ukraine.

These are pretty cherry-picked: you mention four politicians, alongside tens of thousands of others, spread out over 40 years of American politics, two of which ran relatively normal campaigns, anyway. They stand out in our minds not because they are the norm, but because they are the exception. And contrary examples, like Al Franken, have been left out.
I noticed that Obama came out as a really fun and up-to-date President. He did talk shows, twitter, social media, selfies, etc. He was his own circus show. If he can win on change and hope, so can Trump, and nostromo can "troll" or participate (as I would call it) in the manner in which he chooses (within forum rules). Maybe, having a fun and easy going Trump thread and a separate serious and pissed-off one, for the bitter trolls and the long-winded, would make sense?

There's about 30 Trump threads already we don't need another one. Jeez.
Aw man, I was just about to start a "Pictures of Trump Eating Food" thread.