Ice Age Re-Release

Tools    

Ice Age will be returning to nationwide theaters on August 23rd.

It is confirmed by 20th Century Fox, so get ready to check it out again - or see it for the first time in theaters then! Ice Age was originally released on March 15th of this year and earned $175.4 million at the domestic box office.

There's no word yet whether the re-release will include additional footage, but it would be cool.

Are there any reasons why they're doing it [bar perhaps to have a run closer to the period of time in which people will be thinking of award nominations and so on and so forth, and the obvious of course; to make more freaking money]?

it wasnt that good, its no JP or anything, and its DEFINATKY not going to win any oscars......hmm
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

You sure 'bout that? How about Best Animated Film? I think it's got a very strong shot at that one...though it'll surely have heavy competition. Anyhoo, I thought it was very amusing (gotta love the Scrat!), and it should pick up a little extra Oscar push, some more hype for the video release, and another $5 million or so (roughly, I guess...hard to say) domestically for its trouble.

That or everyone that loved it the first time will go to see it a second and BAM!

What are Pixar and Dreamworks doing this year?
Thus far Ice Age is only really up against Spirit, right?

Well, aside from Spirit it's got Lilo & Stitch to worry about (which has a good shot at taking it...as it's gotten rave reviews). Return to Never Land isn't likely to put up much of a fight.

lio and stich, Sprit, treasure planet, and probably others im forgetting, but yeah it might be nominated