Will Padmé Amidala die in Star Wars Episode iii

Tools    

i hope she doesn't

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think she has to. You don't see her in any of the other flicks, do you? It would be a great, tragic ending that I hope Lucas doesn't cop out on. (He probably will. Jar Jar Binks will save her or something stupid like that. Then they'll edit her and Jar Jar into the original three. Mark my words well, young Jedi....)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

this should be a poll, and yes i think she will
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Well, Fostersliteice.

Maybe Padme dies on Alderon when it is wiped out, or she dies or still is on Naboo. Or Goerge opens the old text book and surprises us all with his definitive vision of what happened!

Nabbo, definatly naboo

Leia has memories of her mother, of Amidala. So I'm doubting the babies are going to pop out of her and she'll keel over. She probably dies when the twins are 2 or 3.

Did you guys watch the original trilogy?

Luke "Do you have any memories of your mother, your real mother?"

Leia "Just images, glimpses really, she died when I was very young. She was very beautiful"

Luke "I have no memory of my mother"

The twins were separated at birth, to protect them from Vader. Amidala kept Leia, Luke assumedly went off to Tattooine. The King of Alderon took Amidala in and when she assumedly dies from attack, disease, whatever. He adopts Leia.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I read somewhere that Lucas was filming scenes with Natalie Portman that will be inserted into the original three films. Or just in one of them (can't remember which).

This could mean she DOES die in Episode III, but if that's the case, Luke wouldn't be old enough to remember her. So it is possible that she is alive in Episode IV, but right now, this is all one big confused pile of sh*t. Lucas better have some plan in mind for getting a smooth transition from Episode III to Episode IV. It's going to suck if, after we watch Episode III, we go to watch Episode IV and half of it doesn't make any sense.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
I read somewhere that Lucas was filming scenes with Natalie Portman that will be inserted into the original three films. Or just in one of them (can't remember which).

That would be SO stupid. Up until this point, I'm under the illusion that Lucas knew how this story went. If he tampers with the originals AT ALL, it will be because he made up this thing up as he went along, and THAT would be really lame.

Originally posted by spudracer
I read somewhere that Lucas was filming scenes with Natalie Portman that will be inserted into the original three films.
Following posted by Aspen

It was reported oiginally on the net that she would appear at the end of Jedi. The news was eventually reported as a rumor.

Leia has memories of her mother, of Amidala. So I'm doubting the babies are going to pop out of her and she'll keel over. She probably dies when the twins are 2 or 3.

Did you guys watch the original trilogy?

Luke "Do you have any memories of your mother, your real mother?"

Leia "Just images, glimpses really, she died when I was very young. She was very beautiful"

Luke "I have no memory of my mother"

The twins were separated at birth, to protect them from Vader. Amidala kept Leia, Luke assumedly went off to Tattooine. The King of Alderon took Amidala in and when she assumedly dies from attack, disease, whatever. He adopts Leia.[quote]

Thanks for bringing back the memories of the trilogy.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
That would be SO stupid. Up until this point, I'm under the illusion that Lucas knew how this story went. If he tampers with the originals AT ALL, it will be because he made up this thing up as he went along, and THAT would be really lame.
Then again, this is coming from the man that brought us Howard the Duck

I'm also beginning to wonder if jrs knows what he is talking about.

Senator Bail Organa is the guy who adopts Leia.

I think whether or not we'll actually see Amidala's death all depends, as has been said already on this thread (I think), on where III ends.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
I think whether or not we'll actually see Amidala's death all depends, as has been said already on this thread (I think), on where III ends.
it's not III, Mary Lo, it's iii. Didn't you read the title of this thread?

I think they'll give her a tragic death, the death that Jar-Jar should've had. Anakin will try to save her, but he can't, just like he couldn't with his mom. He'll turn evil as a result of Amadala's death. Chris had good idea for the ending: Anakin puts on the Vader helmet, you wait a second, and then you hear that cool "Ooohhpahhh" breathing noise, and the movie ends. That would be gooood!

Now With Moveable Parts
That would be cool!

I want there to be this very distinct transition when Anakin goes to the dark side.

Something major has to trigger this turning point, more than likely...Padme's death.

I agree...it'd be beyond cool. I pictured him slipping the helmet on from behind...it fades to black, we hear the familiar breathing, and the credits roll. I don't know if Lucas would do that, though...all his SW films have ended up with exciting or triumphant music of some sort, I believe...I don't recall any ending "quietly."

Now With Moveable Parts
Well, it's been awhile since I've seen the very first Star Wars...
...how does it begin?
That might give us a few clues.

No she wont. This is off the star wars web site

Kenobi sends Padmé Amidala, to Organa for hiding. Amidala hides one of her twin offspring in the high court of Alderaan Leia and
was adopted into the Royal Family.

Ok we dont have to worry now

She will not die because leia has to be old enought to remember her.

Plus you guys, the helmet is on him to protect him from death, that ending how we see him pull it over, won't happen.