Reign of Fire

Tools    

Thank you Yoda.....

So I was wrong on the writer of ROF doing Mad Max...don't know where I came up with that. One thing I did see was that the producer for Reign of Fire also produces Road to Perdition. Kind of funny considering we were discussing (earlier in the thread)which will make more $$$ at the box office. I don't think he really cares which will but I'm still pulling for ROF!

Obviously hedging his bets! I don't think I've heard of someone opening their films against each other before.

As for the Mad Max thing I remember going on IMDB and seeing a ROF writer with a Mad Max crdeit a while ago, and now its gone, or the writer gone. Something odd is afoot.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
In any case, let's just drop the ties to Mad Max and Reign of Fire, shant we?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

what about the road warrior can we compare it to that? or beyond thunderdome? Does Tina Turner play the dragon?

I saw a trailer for this one last night when I saw "Bourne..." (which by the way was only so-so).

I think this movie looks very cool, and I also think its a unique concept that is more Jurassic Park than Dungeons and Dragons. This is about all of man's advanced technology fighting nature's perfect killing machine. I'm going to see it.

Now With Moveable Parts
I just saw the preview for this movie. I wasn't too keen on what all the excitement was about, but now I'm clapping my hands and jumping up and down! Yay!
Christian Bale! Yay!
Matthew McConaughey! Yay!
and the best part, Dragons!! Whoo-Hoo!
Remember The Dragonslayer?
It'll be like that kinda fun, but with better technology.

The director did a whole slew of X Files episodes and here's a surprise, he directed Parker Lewis Can't Lose. I loved that show!
But is Rob Bowman capable of doing a feature length movie? We shall see...this is his very first one!

I'll go!

I just read an interview with him and Bale on chud and he seems to be the kind of director that has his hands in every aspect of the film.He didn't write it, but it looks like he came up with a ton of the ideas. promising at least.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Bale interview...I love that guy! Anyways, I just saw another review on AICN if anyone is interested. It's pretty darn good too - http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=12605

they seem to be cropping up every day pn aicn now, the one negative one actually made me eant to see it even more- it was about how serious the tone was, with , ahem, too much character!

I didn't see that one. I think if it's on the serious side like you say, it might be less of a generic "summer blockbuster" or "popcorn flick"...not all action and scenes of destruction. Christian Bale tends to take roles in movies with definite dark-sides. I hope this is no different.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by CMills
Christian Bale tends to take roles in movies with definite dark-sides. I hope this is no different.
Hmmm...does he? Swing Kids, Newsies, The Portrait of a Lady, Captian Corelli's Mandolin,A Midsummer Night's Dream ??
Maybe you're talking about American Psycho? Which really was his first "dark" role.

Who was he in Newsies!!

He played Jack Kelly, or whatever the dude's name was. To be perfectly honest, I've grown to strongly dislike parts of that movie...but I've still seen it half a dozen times.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Maybe you're talking about American Psycho? Which really was his first "dark" role.
In Shaft, he had a "semi-dark" role, but nothing can compare with the darkness he showed in Psycho.

Personally, I'd like a dragon movie to go a little deeper. These aren't talking dragons, so that's a good part. It's set in the future. Tanks vs. Dragons, . As long as the story is a good one, this movie looks very good.

I won't get to see it though.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer

In Shaft, he had a "semi-dark" role, but nothing can compare with the darkness he showed in Psycho.

Yeah, that was after American Psycho.
anyhoodles...
Dragons! Yay!

Now With Moveable Parts
Well...
Oh. Nevermind.

He played Jack Kelly, or whatever the dude's name was. To be perfectly honest, I've grown to strongly dislike parts of that movie...but I've still seen it half a dozen times.
Oh........you mean the main character.

Out of curiosity what parts don't you like? I've always ignored all the romance between Jack and the girl. I just watched the movie for Brooklyn and all the choreography.