Reign of Fire

Tools    

Scuse me, but that is the second message claiming to have spoiler text and I don't see anything. What's going on?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
What's spoilage to one is normal to someone else.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by gnasher
Scuse me, but that is the second message claiming to have spoiler text and I don't see anything. What's going on?
Highlight the white box...it's not really a spoiler(kind of)...it's just something I heard...

Aint it Cool News has a raving review about Reign of Fire up

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=12421

Major spoilers though!

I don't think anyone should be comparing Reign of Fire with Road to Perdition. ROF is a fantasy flick with great special effects and Perdition is more of a serious fictional story. Road to Perdition will have its share of awards and accolades, but Reign of Fire should hold its own with the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/D&D fanbase.

They're not really being compared...it's just that they open the same time so there's a little bit of competition between the two and which movie will take the #1 spot opening weekend!~

Perdition could be like a Shawshank Redemption while Reign of Fire could turn out to be a Mad Max. I loved both movies but Max had a phenomenal cult following. Guess what? The guy that wrote Mad Max wrote ROF. Critical acclaim does not always mean box office success....

It doesn't really matter to me what's number one, if I love the film I could care less if noone else goes - it'll mean a better seat! Although I'm guessing that won't be the case!

Did the writer write all the Mad Max's or what?

No, from what I can see, none of the writers were involved with Mad Max. I think people are just comparing the two because they both have a similar story. Then again, I could be wrong.

And that AICN review said Reign was like Road Warrior meets Aliens. Maybe that's whats going around...

Yeah, I think you're right cuz I just did a little research and couldn't find anything about the writers of ROF writing Mad Max.

Anyways, has anyone see the commericals for this yet? I heard it's out but I haven't seen anything~

It's not set for release until June 12th. The trailer is available online (check it out), but I haven't seen it on TV yet, personally.

I keep seeing postings of people who've seen new TV commercials. I must keep missing them.

I did think that episode online was pretty fun though. That guy freefalling with a camera on his head. And it looked so low key, you know its going to look so different in the movie when they paste in the dragon and the music's banging...

June 12th? That's 2 more days! My computer monitor and connection isn't that great so I really wanna see it on TV so I can get a real good look at the dragons~

JULY 12th!!!!

Sorry, misunderstanding...I thought the commercials were set to be released june 12th...

K...I don't care..I'm drunk...so I'm gonna ask...What's POD? Sorry, it's prolly a stoopid question but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read this post...