Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

Always loved this very famous Richard Avedon 1955 photo of the über-model Dovima, but just now realized how horribly cruel it is. Taken at a circus in Paris & the elephants are chained. Horrible!
Yes it is.

The outfit in the post above reminds me a little of this one.
Yes – Cate as the anti-Dovima .

You wouldn’t believe the gushing reviews - even to this day - of this photo. And nobody mentioned the poor ellies.

Kit Harrington & Rose Leslie of GOT fame got married. She looks very nice.

I also like her mother in the 2nd photo. Surely that’s her sister on the far left? Bridesmaids’ dresses are “different”. I like them.

Meghan Markle in a very nice sheath dress. Yellow is a hard color to wear, but it looks terrific (and very photogenic) with her skin color.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not to be outdone by Mrs Clooney, She looks stunning!

Always loved this very famous Richard Avedon 1955 photo of the über-model Dovima, but just now realized how horribly cruel it is. Taken at a circus in Paris & the elephants are chained. Horrible!
Unfortunately the animals did not fare very well back in a day. Still, Dovima was very beautiful. Her figure almost seemed unreal.

Really liked Dorian Leigh as well.

They were both so fashionable!

Dorian Leigh & her younger sister Suzy Parker were both beautiful. My favorite model of the past remains Jean Shrimpton.

The Duchess of Sussex looked very nice today at the christening of Prince Louis. I see she is carrying gloves like Queen Maxima always does. She could, perhaps, not be so matchy-matchy.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Shes stunning. Did she go to the regatta yesterday? I told my bro to take photos of her while he was there. I hope it was beautiful weather. He said its been gorgeous weather - very hot, though.

Same lady at the RAF fly past yesterday in London. Nice outfit & a very nice fascinator. I wouldn’t wear such light-colored shoes with the outfit, but that’s just me.

And is there any man (or woman) who doesn’t look fantastic in the RAF uniform?

Melania’s dress this evening for the Queen’s State dinner reminds me of Diana’s dress that she wore to Cannes.

I wish Chrissy Metz would think of the detriment to her health when she carries this amount of excess weight. The strain on her heart to give one example.

I like it too. Very much. Who is she? Name sounds familiar; too lazy to look her up.
Well she's acted since she was a kid, for instance playing Violet in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and fairly recently playing the Sex and the City character Carrie Bradshaw in the The Carrie Diaries.

She's on a roll, this girl :

Lots of segmented skirts in Ancient Greece and growing up liking mythology and depictions thereof, that may be why I appreciate them.