Which Film Will Win The MoFo Movie Tournament?

Tools    

Which film will win the MoFo Movie Tournament?
29.03%
9 votes
The Empire Strikes Back
3.23%
1 votes
Dr. Strangelove
9.68%
3 votes
Rear Window
6.45%
2 votes
Persona
6.45%
2 votes
Jaws
3.23%
1 votes
Up
0%
0 votes
The Battle of Algiers
0%
0 votes
Aguirre, The Wrath of God
16.13%
5 votes
GoodFellas
3.23%
1 votes
Paths of Glory
22.58%
7 votes
2001: A Space Odyssey
0%
0 votes
Night and Fog
31 votes. You may not vote on this poll

We're down to the Bracket Finals now; some of the "Elite Eight' have already been decided. What movie do you think will win?

NOTE: This is not necessarily what movie you want to win.

I'm hoping for 2001 as well, but I doubt it'll win. It has too many haters

I'd bet on GoodFellas winning. Final Four will be that, Empire, Jaws, and either 2001 or Dr. Strangelove. 1/4 of the movies left in the tourney are Kubrick, so you never know...

In fact, Persona and The Battle Of Algiers are 2 dark horses in this tourney. Of course, i want Persona to win as well. Dont forget you have to watch both films before you can vote. Although some people have ignored this.

I ought to watch it just so I can vote for Rear Window... the site I tried didn't have subtitles!

But if we're talking dark horses, you can't forget Up. Beating Taxi Driver... a middle finger to Scorsese fans everywhere!

BANNED
2001 is the most pretentious film i've ever seen.
no one understood a **** from this film , everybody just assumed thet Kubrick has a secret plan that is beyond human wisdom, and that everything in this film somehow has an explanation ...

By the way, I voted for Paths of Glory

2001 is a meditation on humanity's place in the universe; of course there is a broad variety of interpretations, because the film deals with a very broad topic. It's one of the most ambitious and visually beautiful films ever made, and I've come to find the movie's hidden meanings very entertaining. Definitely takes multiple viewings to appreciate though, I was bored out of my skull when I first saw 2001. Nevertheless, there was a part of me that was intrigued and wanted to see it again, and so a few days later that's what I did. I now rank it as one of my favorite movies.

But, that's a topic for another discussion. You could start a whole thread that would probably get quite a few responses on whether or not 2001 is overrated.

BANNED
2001 is a meditation on humanity's place in the universe; of course there is a broad variety of interpretations, because the film deals with a very broad topic. It's one of the most ambitious and visually beautiful films ever made, and I've come to find the movie's hidden meanings very entertaining. Definitely takes multiple viewings to appreciate though, I was bored out of my skull when I first saw 2001. Nevertheless, there was a part of me that was intrigued and wanted to see it again, and so a few days later that's what I did. I now rank it as one of my favorite movies.

But, that's a topic for another discussion. You could start a whole thread that would probably get quite a few responses on whether or not 2001 is overrated.
All right.

I want Up to win!

But i think it'll be GoodFellas or 2001

But i think it'll be GoodFellas or 2001
What's wrong with that?

I am a bit surprised at all the votes 2001 has. Yes, it should win, but I doubt it will.

Quick note on 2001, total garbage. I can make a movie with no meaning and a lot of nothing happening and tell people I'm a genius and they'll find symbolism in it. You can read in to anything; that doesn't mean anything was there in the first place.

(I'm not checking back for pretentious artsy replies to this comment)

Quick note on 2001, total garbage. I can make a movie with no meaning and a lot of nothing happening and tell people I'm a genius and they'll find symbolism in it. You can read in to anything; that doesn't mean anything was there in the first place.

(I'm not checking back for pretentious artsy replies to this comment)
This would only make sense if it was made with no intention of exploration. Which isn't the case. You can call anything "vague" total garbage pretty easily if you're ill informed.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I hope Goodfellas wins, but 2001 will probably win.

Everyone's talking about 2001. I guess I'm gonna have to watch it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I want Rear Window to win, problem is it's up against a highly likeable film (Persona) then Strangelove will get to it probably. Which is a crying shame.

I know right? I wanna see Persona just to vote against it, but c'mon, Rear Window is ten times better than Dr. Strangelove. Of the four Kubrick films I've seen (2001, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Strangelove) it's easily my least favorite.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Strangelove is easily my fave, with Paths of Glory second. Yeah, I'm old, but Kubrick was young when he did those.

We could see an all Kubrick final. Take that, HK.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I voted for Persona, but I know it won't win. But out of all of those movies, I think it's the most intriguing winner, while everything else is typical.

And if Goodfellas wins, I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching a bunch of films I haven't yet seen just for this game. Not saying those films would have been bad, but doing something for the game, only to have the game go in a direction I don't want it to = big waste of time and annoyance.