Larry Clark

Tools    

Is anyone here into his movies? His movies are Kids, Bully, Ken Park, Another day in paridise, and Teenage Cavemen. Have any of you seen any of these? He's one of my favorite directors.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by CherryBlossomGirl
Is anyone here into his movies? His movies are Kids, Bully, Ken Park, Another day in paridise, and Teenage Cavemen. Have any of you seen any of these? He's one of my favorite directors.
Ken Park yeah....some cops in my city tried to stop a public screening because of a teenage sex scene, it was sooo cool because the movie critics all got up and protested that it was a piece of art and was a beautiful film.

"It was a sadly archaic situation that in 2003 Australian adults were prevented from seeing a film of their choice, a leading film critic said today"

So yeah I then HAD to see it and I liked it

I am having a nervous breakdance
I've seen all of his films and I guess I am (still) a fan. I used to think he was great and extremely promising but since I saw Ken Park I have started to lose interest a little. Kids is one of the best films about ..eh.. kids ever made and Another Day In Paradise and Bully are good and interesting too. Ken Park was unfortunately not as good as it was controversial. It stirred things up in a good way though. Teenage Caveman is one of the worst films I've ever seen...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

"I can't help it..."
I do quite enjoy his films; most notably Another Day In Paradise. But I also like Kids and Bully too. I didn't really enjoy Teenage Caveman; although, I did like it up until the half-way point.

I haven't seen Ken Park cause it is banned here...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

i didnt see ken park,or the caveman movie either,but i didnt care for another day in paradise

i thought kids was pretty good

and i thought bully was a masterpiece

so i like the guy hes a good film maker

I thought Bully was good, Kids was alright, so was Another Day in Paradise.

It seems he might have an R. Kelly-type fetish by watching his movies.