Inland Empire and the purpose of a film

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Apparently a matter of taste and my subjective feelings of both films. Inland Empire was way more surrealistic, reverie and dream-like, which in this case met my requirements and was quite similar to kind of music I've been listening to lately. While I adore Mulholland's mysterious atmosphere and certain scene I just find Inland's mood to be more akin to my taste. Still, they're both masterpieces.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Are you saying that a surrealistic film can only work fully when it's sustained throughout the whole film?
No, I'm just saying that I enjoyed Inland Empire more aesthetically throughout, and that its climax worked better for me in the context of its storytelling than Mulholland Drive's did.

Eraserhead is different, because practically every piece of that film has something recognizable in it. Frustrations of parenthood, the search for escapism, a feeling of emptiness and nihilism (indicated by the rather brilliant metaphor of the 'eraser'), the constant self-pity, etc.
yeah,that may be the whole concept and an idea of this film but I think there's no way you could explain each scene and meaning of each detail.
I seriously doubt that Lynch "builds" his films - takes certain images,camera angles,details and tries to make it meaningful.He just creates surrealism as he goes along,not necessarily it has to be about the meaning of life.

It's great to like surreal movies,it's great to make them or adore them but it annoys me when people attack me by saying "you didn't like it because you didn't understand it".It's not personal,just saying.