Game of Thrones Season 7

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Did you see the haunches on that dragon as it flew low over the battlefield? Egad! That looked more than a little intimidating on a 65" television!

SO: Is Dany going crazy or is she finally wising up? (After all, she didn't burn civilians... but she did burn all the food stores in the loot train.)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OHHHHHHHHHHHH. Mr D and I just looked at each other at the end of that episode.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Did you see the haunches on that dragon as it flew low over the battlefield? Egad! That looked more than a little intimidating on a 65" television!

SO: Is Dany going crazy or is she finally wising up? (After all, she didn't burn civilians... but she did burn all the food stores in the loot train.)

Wising up, I hope.
WARNING: "commentary on EP4 details" spoilers below
Those stores were taken from High Garden and were going to be used to feed the army for a northern invasion, if I understood correctly. At the very least, that raid would not affect the citizens of King's Landing. Even if it did affect their lives, the people would blame Cersei as ruler I would imagine, as I would think Cersei would redirect stores from her people to support an army attacking the north simply out of spite and revenge. I think the people could turn on her in revolt if that played out. Dany's raid was a good move, and may have even been Snow's idea as it cut after he began to give his advice, and returned to find Dany already gone. If that's the case, then I think she is starting to wake up from her arrogance. The cave helped, but still she's demanding the knee thing so who knows.

Loved the scene of Arya sparring with Lady Brienne. It looked like Sansa was a bit jealous of how much Arya has changed, and became what she wanted to be in life; while Sansa came close but was only tortured for it. That, combined with the tension of power between her and John Snow, I think Cersei's influence will come out more and more as she feels passed by by Snow, Arya, and even Bran as the importance of his visions become more apparent to her.

ynwtf... I was thinking that Grey Worm and those trapped at Casterly Rock might need that food. They mentioned in a previous episode starving them out. Also, Sansa keeps harping on how little grain stores they have.

So food is an issue all over, and Dany could have used that food elsewhere. Doesn't she already know about Grey Worm's situation?

Just had a thought
WARNING: "" spoilers below
i'm convinced at least one dragon will die by the end of this season, my instinct tells me it'll be Viserion via a giant arrow through the head (because of how Viserys died) but maybe Drogon will have a similar death to Khal Drogo? He had "merely a scratch" on the same part of his body......

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
ynwtf... I was thinking that Grey Worm and those trapped at Casterly Rock might need that food. They mentioned in a previous episode starving them out. Also, Sansa keeps harping on how little grain stores they have.

So food is an issue all over, and Dany could have used that food elsewhere. Doesn't she already know about Grey Worm's situation?
WARNING: "EP4 Details" spoilers below
Yes, she knows. Tyrion was trying to explain that they had enough of the fleet left to bring Grey Worm's army back to the mainland when she went into her rage fit---before turning to Snow for his advice. Even still, if they could get food TO Grey Worm, I think it would be better to just bring them back. IMO though. Sansa was the one who realized Winterfell didn't have enough grain, and that was after John had already left. So technically, he didn't know one way or another. I don't know the geography of the kingdoms to know if they were anywhere near close enough to Winterfell to even consider it an option.

But you have a great point. Why destroy what can be captured and returned? Perhaps it was just a well-needed and intimidating show of force, but one that may create logistic problems down the road.

They've made it very clear that somebody/everybody seems to need all of Highgarden's many assets. We saw lots of shots of that loot train heading home. And we know people on both sides of the war need food. So I would be surprised if the fact that she torched it all won't be brought up at some point -- if only to show her impetuousness in darting off on a dragon to save the day.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Why cant they just all get along and sing kumbaya.

Great to see Brienne again. I've missed her.

Season 7 has been totally awesome and this episode topped them all.

But Jeez
WARNING: spoilers below
i don't know what I'm going to do if they killed off Jamie....

I think burning the wagon train was a great move. Having an Air Force amongst Middle Ages armies is a huge advantage

And wow, just think what the dragons can do against the Night's King.

Someone remind what the Azor Ahai is supposed to be? I've completely forgotten...

But Jeez
i don't know what I'm going to do if they killed off Jamie....
Jaime won't die before Cersei, they need to leave the mystery of Maggie the frog's prophecy

What?

who's Maggie and what frog?

What?

who's Maggie and what frog?
WARNING: "aaaaah memories lol" spoilers below
season 5 episode 1, the first flashback, the swampwitch Cersei went to see in her teens

WARNING: "aaaaah memories lol" spoilers below
season 5 episode 1, the first flashback, the swampwitch Cersei went to see in her teens
Ah ok. The witch. But all I remember about
her prophecy was that all of Cersei's children would die. What else did she prophecy?]

Ah ok. The witch. But all I remember about
her prophecy was that all of Cersei's children would die. What else did she prophecy?]
that her younger sibling would strangle her (can't remember the exact wording though)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
She prophesises another thing in the books.

that her younger sibling would strangle her (can't remember the exact wording though)
Lol didn't remember that. That would be
Tyrion then
But why does Jamie have to there? And are Jamie and Cersei twins?

This might just do nobody any good.
^
Cersei was born first so, technically, Jamie is younger.