Aren't We Lucky, Aren't They Wonderful

Tools    

Partners, girlfriends, boyfriends, mothers, wives, I mean...

Hot off the heels of another fantastic dish served by my wonderful girlfriend, I felt compelled to start a thread in which some MoFo's can share their experiences regarding their partner's culinary efforts that have fed our souls and brought us closer together

My girlfriend can pretty much cook almost anything to a high standard. Seriously, she'd win Masterchef if she wanted to apply for a position. Her specialities involve a spicy Thai salmon with barley couscous. Positively as delicious as that sounds. She also does a mean ratatouille with chilli and lamb chops. My success and my physique I owe to her right now.

So my question to you fellow MoFo's is, what's your favourite dish that gets cooked for you? And tell us who it's by and why you're so lucky to know them

Good call. My wife is a much better, more adventurous cook than I am, and she drags my reluctant luddite self into eating much healthier, more varied dishes than I probably ever would by myself. She's also extremely generous about taking most of it on. And I've always had a thing about cooking, where it feels like an especially warm and comforting way to take care of someone.

Can't pick a favorite, because she makes so many great things. But she makes this stir-fry sirloin steak with saffron rice and broccoli that she first talked me into trying when we'd just started dating, and we still eat regularly. And it gets me to eat broccoli, which is no small feat.

Can't pick a favorite, because she makes so many great things. But she makes this stir-fry sirloin steak with saffron rice and broccoli that she first talked me into trying when we'd just started dating, and we still eat regularly. And it gets me to eat broccoli, which is no small feat.
She had to talk you into trying a sirloin steak?! Or was it the broccoli she had to talk you into? If it's the former then nobody would have to talk me into that, that's for sure.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Great thread idea. My friend makes amazing lechon asado and always has me over to dinner when she makes it or sends some over if I can't make it to her house. Not only is it delicious, but it's a really nice gesture of friendship. I, inturn, make a fantastic lime cheesecake I like to make for my friends.

Now that I live out in the country, I have become a fanatical gardener. I'm always exchanging veggies with other people out here who garden and it's a really nice communial feeling. Plus there is nothing better than eating something you grew yourself. Sharing and growing food is a good thing.

My boyfriend has been so great today. He took me shopping and waited in the car. he then dropped me off at work and went home and cleaned and moved our couch for the new one we recieve tomorrow. He then picked me up and took me to crappy walmart where I got the Matrix anthology and makings for dinner. He then said he was gonna make dinner so I can do homework.

DO they get any better?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Sometimes their good like that.

I went to a cook-out a few days ago. This guy made the best ribs I have ever
had. I don't even like ribs, but I ate the hell out of these. Made some new friends and had a great time as well.

Yeah it's nice when you meet awesome people.

I've just never been with someone so special. You have a personal special someone?

My boyfriend has been so great today. He took me shopping and waited in the car. he then dropped me off at work and went home and cleaned and moved our couch for the new one we recieve tomorrow. He then picked me up and took me to crappy walmart where I got the Matrix anthology and makings for dinner. He then said he was gonna make dinner so I can do homework.

DO they get any better?

Ha ha, talk about house broken. What do you do to have him so eating out of your hand?

Ha ha, talk about house broken. What do you do to have him so eating out of your hand?

Unmentionable things.......

Kidding lol. He doesn't eat out of my hand. He does it when I am at work because it's what I do for him. Majority of the time, I do the dishes, laundry, cooking, shopping, and other home chores. I am such an awesome girlfriend that I even rub his stinky ole feet. Lmao.

But he does sweet things for me too. Like get me flowers, buy me jewelry. And other small things that make a big difference.

Ok, my most recent X is Thai. Her grandmother started teaching her to cook when she was 7. She loves to cook and is very creative with sauces and spices. Hands down, she is the best cook I have ever experienced and I'm including 5 star restaurants that I've sampled all over the world.
It's not for nothing that I miss her food more than I miss her.
Her yellow and green curry lamb is as unique as anything I have tried.
Had it not been for the lure of acting in Thailand, this girl would have made a great Master Chef and done her grandma proud.

Unmentionable things.......

Kidding lol. He doesn't eat out of my hand. He does it when I am at work because it's what I do for him. Majority of the time, I do the dishes, laundry, cooking, shopping, and other home chores. I am such an awesome girlfriend that I even rub his stinky ole feet. Lmao.

But he does sweet things for me too. Like get me flowers, buy me jewelry. And other small things that make a big difference.
I don't know if I would include flowers and jewelry in the same sentence,
old fashioned romantic that I am.

Lol, you do all that sweet mushy gushy stuff too?

Ok, my most recent X is Thai. Her grandmother started teaching her to cook when she was 7. She loves to cook and is very creative with sauces and spices. Hands down, she is the best cook I have ever experienced and I'm including 5 star restaurants that I've sampled all over the world.
It's not for nothing that I miss her food more than I miss her.
Her yellow and green curry lamb is as unique as anything I have tried.
Had it not been for the lure of acting in Thailand, this girl would have made a great Master Chef and done her grandma proud.

I am definitely not that good of a cook, that is for sure.

I don't think there is a recipe for that. I just go with the flow and the chemistry. When that dies, so does the relationship.
The problem is that we are all in a constant flux, but we all don't change the same and it's that uneven change that does some of us in.

So you need someone spontaneous?

Spontaneous, creative, infusive, cognisant, patient, kind, passionate, adventurous......Shall I go on ( oh, Must love cooking, too )? A recepie for a disasterous infatuation, ha ha.

My grandma can makes this Russian desert called Grenki. It's simple but they just melt in your mouth.

Whenever I think of spontaneous I think of something temporary.

My grandma can makes this Russian desert called Grenki. It's simple but they just melt in your mouth.
Russian desserts and candy kick ass.