Fantasia 2006

Tools    

First there was Fantasia then Fantasia 2001 and now?? Well, Disney is putting out Fantasia 2006 .

To me it's getting ridicullous.....what's next? Fantasia Infinity ????

What do you all think???????????

Now With Moveable Parts
I actually enjoy the Fantasia movies. Sure, it's just another of Disney's ongoing money making sagas...but setting cartoons to music is a novel idea. I'll always remember the hippos in ballerina garb, fondly.
Besides, I'd rather watch another Fantasia, than any of the sequels to Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Aladdan...man, now those suck.

They're not bad, really. I didn't like the idea at first, but they're really just too jaw-dropping not to like. Whales flying through the clouds as if air was water...it's too beautiful to scoff at...and besides, I'm always complaining about how most movies don't put enough emphasis on their respective scores. You could argue that Fantasia takes it too far, but I don't think so. They're even (dare I say?) inspiring.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Yoda
You could argue that Fantasia takes it too far, but I don't think so. They're even (dare I say?) inspiring.
Dare to say it! I'll admit....
The one at the end of Fantasia 2000, the one with the little Tree Sprite ( or whatever she was representing; Mother Nature?) made me a little teary eyed...
She was all smoke damaged and clinging to that buck...*sniff* it was very emotional!

Beware the Moon
The Fantasia movies also help introduce kids to classical music which I feel over time will help them learn to appreciate it more. Which I am inclined to feel is a good thing. Too much of our culture has become so convoluted and detracted that I doubt many if any of the new generations will have any idea of the compositions of Mozart, Bach or Beethoven. Fantasia worked well, because it depicted classic Disney animations which would automatically appeal to the younger viewers and set them to a fine selection of classical music. For me the whole Sorcerors Apprentice segment is one of the most memorable if not my favourite parts to a Disney movie.........yes I did used to watch them.........many full moons ago now

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Can't they just make one every year then, Fantasia Volume 1. i mean they are great movies, i enjoyed the first one, but they might as well make them in volumes??

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

The Fat of the Mailbox
I never saw the newset Fantasia, but I loved the first one as a child and i still do.
I also happen to love classical music now, I'm not sure if its becuase of Fantasia or my rebelling against Pop.

The way that they're doing the Fantasia films now are the way Walt Disney always wanted them to be done, every couple of years, a new version -- just as it has been said, like volumes of music. I think it's a wonderful idea and wonderful to see that it's finally going to start happening.