What makes you a film fanatic?

Tools    

Hahaha, Nebbit. Unfortunatly and fortunatly no, or atleast not yet. Me and my brother now have close to no rights on the scripts we wrote except that we we wrote them. I say fortunately and unfortunately because while writing a script, you envision every scene just they way you want it. You imagine and create every thing in the movie in your mind and the dialouge on paper, but when you sell it, your ideas get flushed by the guys who bought it. Unfortunately because me and my brother could make alot of cash if they did become movies.

What I do know is that the studio I sold "In Pursuit of The Sun" to said that it had a good chance of being made into a film (an independant)and that they wouldn't be surprised if it was in the works soon. The others that me and my brother wrote, I don't know.

Oh ok, thanks for that, let us know if "In Pursuit of the Sun" becomes a movie, would like to see it, then I can boast to my friends that I know you

I am a film fanatic because I am in love with that world, and the escape from our everyday troubles it provides us. Even when things seem like they cannot get any worse...we can always turn to a great film and forget everything for awhile. We live vicariously through the cinema and it allows us to change the pace of our lives and feel things we might not feel otherwise. Film touches me and has provided me with a way of thinking and an outlook on life I never imagined possible.

Success is the only Earthly judge..
In all honesty I love cinema because of the ideas and how they are displayed...I would say because of the emotion but that is all left up to the actors

However I love to see how the directors use what they know to increase action, or drama, or whatever the case calls for.

a love of movies. duh.

I think you know your a film fanatic, when your watching a movie and you can remember some of the movies the actor has been in before, or when you notice the director in the movie. Example, when I went to see Hostel I could tell that the director was wearing the hockey jersey and at the end of the movie I saw the director of Audition and Ichi the killer. Pretty much If your just a fan of movies that makes you a film fanatic.

There's no place like home
I am a film fanatic because of my dad. He worked on movies his whole life. He contracted jobs with different studios and such. Sometimes he was the camera guy (dolly grip, best boy, etc.) sometimes he was the lighting guy. A couple of times he has been one of the extras. When he wasn't doing the movie thing, he was running the camera for the local news or he was a stage hand in the local arenas. He operated the spot lights, and so on. He worked on concerts, plays, debates, sporting avents, ice shows, circuses, and a wide varity of things all having to do with the entertainment business up until he saw (not worked on) Smokey and the Bandit. Then he ditched everything and became a truck driver. Anyway when he died (1984) the funeral home was packed, standing room only. The funeral palor had to supply extra rooms for all the flowers. As I read who they were from I noticed the endless list of who's who is hollywood. There were flowers from Jerry Lewis, Tom Jones, Shirley McClain, Robert Blake, Allan Alda, that dwarf dude..Billy something (I can't remember his last name), someone who he dearly loved all his life, Lauren Becall. I was very impressed. Anyway my dad taught me a lot of the behind the scene secrets and I was hooked. Now I am a fanatic.

My mom used to take me to the movies as a little girl to see the Disney movies and I loved it. I am also a ham and love acting and being the center of attention so the star factor of the screen got to me as well. I also just love to curl up on the the sofa on a quiet evening and turn out all the lights and become one with a movie.

Movies like A Streetcar Named Desire, Gone With the Wind, White Heat, A Rebel Without A Cause and Cat On a Hot Tin Roof are the reason I am a cinema fanatic.

Lost in never never land
I could make a long post out of this, but I am not going to. It is probably a combination of things. One being that film is one of the art mediums, besides written, that I can actually do with some level of professionalism. I would have to say that the artistic nature probably is one of the things that started me being interested in film.

I have always enjoyed watching movies, but only recently have I been able to watch the number of films that I have wanted and the selection that I have wanted. Also, taking a film studies course probably helped some, but I was interesting in film before that, but the course helped peak my interest and broden my viewing horizons.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I love to laugh
and have lotsa time on my hands..
so i watch movies