The Black Dahlia

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, so it comes out tomorrow, any pre-movie predictions!?

Looks good, but looks can be deceiving.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm thinking an even grittier, darker version of L.A. Confidential, though presumably not as good. I'll certainly see it.

Ironically, this film might mean that Hollywoodland, which is a decent enough film in its own right, might not even be the best mid-20th century California show-business-death movie of the year.

So yeah, I'll see it, even though the trailer (which is fantastic, by the way) indicates that they somehow found a way to make Scarlett Johansson less attractive.

i'm lookin forward to this. i think it'll be better than la confidential. maybe not the acting but brian de palma movie always look the best.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm thinking an even grittier, darker version of L.A. Confidential, though presumably not as good. I'll certainly see it.
that was exactly my take on what to expect

Originally Posted by Yoda
Ironically, this film might mean that Hollywoodland, which is a decent enough film in its own right, might not even be the best mid-20th century California show-business-death movie of the year.
haha...I'm really looking forward to Affleck FINALLY getting killed...ever since Armageddon teased me with the chance of it!

Horrorphiliac

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It's an interesting true-crime case, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. I have a sinking feeling that the end of the film is given away in the ads, but hopefully I'm way off with that.

Every breath you take, watching you
I've been a big James Ellroy fan for years, so coming from a book angle, I'm anticipating this. Few years back there was a book signing. Most people had 1 or 2 books, but I had everything he did at that time. He signed them all 'slasher', saying I must be one since I read so many.

Back on topic, I'm glad to see more noir on the mainstream bigscreen. Probably a lot of the story will be cut out (LA Confidential had about a third of the original book), but should be enough to satisfy.

Originally Posted by Black_Pylon
I'm glad to see more noir on the mainstream bigscreen.
Thank you! I surely agree.