who should be the new James Bond?

Tools    

I've always felt Christian Bale would make a great Bond. Too bad he cant play both Batman and Bond.

http://www.killermovies.com/j/jamesb...cles/1382.html

BANNED
I still say "Bring back Timothy Dalton!" Mainly because the two Bond movies that he made are, in my opinion, the best Bond movies I've seen. They are totally gritty, realistic and very believable... Dalton took Bond to a whole new level. Brosnan is good as Bond, but his Bond is way over the top... totally far-fetched... bordering on ridiculous, in my mind. The last Bond movie, Die Another Day, was so full of far-fetched CGI that it was ridiculous, in my opinion. Most ridiculous of all was that invisibility car... What I say is that if they want to make another Bond movie, make it realistic... make it about cold war espionage, which is what Bond is supposed to be about... international intrigue... the underworld... that sort of crap. Don't make it into a ridiculous fantasy movie with outrageous props and sets... Make it a movie about current events... the way Bond should be and the way Ian Fleming envisioned Bond, in books like From Russia with Love (which is arguably the best Bond book ever written) and Thunderball.

I agree with Piddz that Clive Owen seems to be the best choice. He would be awesome, and with this King Arthur thing he's got coming out it could give him enough exposure to actually be a likely pick.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yeah, it's only too bad that it has to be a very famous guy who does the role. I mean, Sean Connery was unknown to the big audience when he was contracted for the part. But times are changing. The fact that they wanted Russell Crowe (but couldn't afford him.. Thank you thank you thank you...) made me say:

WHAT???

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Ralph Fiennes would make an awesome Bond, he's got the maturity, the looks and the personality, he'd be perfect.

BANNED
Russell Crowe? Ralph Fiennes? As Bond?

Ya gotta be kiddin' me!

stephen baldwin would by far make the best bond.he is the most underrated actor in hollywood.

Originally Posted by Robert_Plant
How can any of you people that call your selves Bond Fans like Dalton more than Moore!?
I never really cared for either of the actors. The movies weren't too bad but I don't like the actors very much. They should bring back Sean Connery all the way. I'm almost not kidding.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by niceguy
stephen baldwin would by far make the best bond.he is the most underrated actor in hollywood.
He's not underrated, he's an idiot. There's a reality celebrity show I saw him on once and he came off as a goober. The guy could play in Dude, Where's my Car 3 without having to act.

And why do people keep mentioning American actors anyway?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i'm a huge Bond fan and everything but i think they should stop now. They revived it from Roger Moore's pitiful last movies (Moonraker, Octopussy etc) and Daltons average ones but its gettin to excessive, invisible car in Die Another Day isnt really spy.
20 is a nice round and with Britney Spears tryin to be the next Bond girl they should stop b4 they ruin the franchise then run out of ideas to revive it.

If he could manage both Bond and Batman, I'd say Christian Bale could be a good choice.

But please don't let Britney Spears be in any Bond movies - EVER!

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson

But please don't let Britney Spears be in any Bond movies - EVER!
Britany should not be in any movies full stop.

Robert-Plant
Yeah I'm sorry bout the little spout I had, Morre wasnt Great but some of his movies are classics. (I mean Live and Let Die Is one of the best) And why are we talking about American actors for Bond?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Robert_Plant
Yeah I'm sorry bout the little spout I had, Morre wasnt Great but some of his movies are classics. (I mean Live and Let Die Is one of the best) And why are we talking about American actors for Bond?
Being a bit picky, but only one Bond so far (Roger Moore) has been a native Englishman. They've had a Scotsman (Sean Connery), an Australian (George Lazenby), a Welshman (Timothy Dalton) and an Irishman (Pierce Brosnan) playing the part. So hypothetically speaking I don't see why an american wouldn't be up for the job. Picking up a new accent is a part of acting and they're all actors, no? I'd take George Clooney over Hugh Jackman any day!

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I'd take George Clooney over Hugh Jackman any day!

I don't think either of them would be good Bonds. SEAN CONNERY. . .OH YEAH!

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Being a bit picky, but only one Bond so far (Roger Moore) has been a native Englishman. They've had a Scotsman (Sean Connery), an Australian (George Lazenby), a Welshman (Timothy Dalton) and an Irishman (Pierce Brosnan) playing the part. So hypothetically speaking I don't see why an american wouldn't be up for the job. Picking up a new accent is a part of acting and they're all actors, no? I'd take George Clooney over Hugh Jackman any day!
I didn't realize that. Still an American in the role seems too far off in left field.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I didn't realize that. Still an American in the role seems too far off in left field.
If an American Bond used and American accent, I'd be disappointed. But if and American used a British accent, then I'd be a little more leniant. I sound like I'm foreign, not that there's anything wrong with that. (Seinfeld moment)

No more Bond for me.