President Trump

Tools    

When you claim there's nothing constructive or encouraging about President Trump
Show me where I said this. To the contrary, I've gone out of my way many times to explain what I think a reasonable reason for supporting him would be (the most recent is just a couple pages back), and I wrote out a list of possible silver linings the morning after the election.

that is hoity-toity to write off the country outside of California and New York that elected him. Pretty straight-forward.
Straightforward? It's a total non-sequitur. Criticizing Trump is not writing off his voters, and it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with geography.

Here's what's really happening: you like to lump all or your political enemies together, because it's easier. Thus, if you think safe spaces are silly, and you don't like it when people criticize Trump, you just lazily accuse Trump critics of wanting a "safe space" even though it's literally the opposite of what they're asking for. Similarly, you don't like coastal elites, and you don't like me criticizing Trump, therefore you just lazily decide my criticism somehow is the same as coastal elites looking down on flyover country. It's sloppy thinking that has no connection to what's actually been said.

Then you'd have conducted a more balanced forum during the campaign
As I've pointed out before, "balance" does not mean doing everything an equal amount. It means holding people to the same standards. If Trump lies more, and his supporters say more ridiculous things more often, then they're going to be argued with more.

The idea that he or you are entitled to some kind of 50/50 equal coverage guarantee regardless of behavior makes no sense.

Still trying to figure out how Hillary had the government, the liberal education system, the national media, the entertainment industry in her pocket, AND was handed the script to the debates... and still lost! Nobody has talked about that on here. A candidate who rigged everything, and still lost, it's pretty funny
She didn't have the national media in her pocket, the government includes both Republicans and Democrats (guess which party hates her), the education system isn't inherently "liberal", and her better performance in the debates is because she was a professional. Stilted and rehearsed? A bit too much, yes. But as least she didn't vomit all over the stage like Trump did. But yes, the entertainment industry overwhelmingly supported her, because Hollywood is made up of liberals. How dare they like a Democrat! And she lost because she was boring, not because Trump was a better candidate.

Oh, and for those that criticize Hillary of being corrupt, may I remind you that Trump has filled his administration with billionaires, many of whom have never held public office before?

I guess that's just a coincidence.

Also, we actually talked about her failings as a candidate a lot. But I think we've already established that he'll toss out any random accusation without really knowing or caring if it's true. Zero points for guessing who he might have learned that from.

Oh, and for those that criticize Hillary of being corrupt, may I remind you that Trump has filled his administration with billionaires, many of whom have never held public office before?

I guess that's just a coincidence.
You're wasting your time. nostromo talked about corruption a lot, and I showed him maybe half a dozen instances of the same thing happening under this administration, and all I got back were crickets.

You won't get back a substantive response. Just more deflections about Hillary, or how it's unfair that most of the people on the board criticize Trump. Whatever specific thing you get back, though, they all have the same purpose: change the subject.

You're wasting your time. nostromo talked about corruption a lot, and I showed him maybe half a dozen instances of the same thing happening under this administration, and all I got back were crickets.

You won't get back a substantive response. Just more deflections about Hillary, or how it's unfair that most of the people on the board criticize Trump. Whatever specific thing you get back, though, they all have the same purpose: change the subject.
Thanks, Yoda.

Once you realize it's happening you can see it in literally every reply. None of them actually address the arguments or the facts. They all change the subject, usually by clumsily trying to put the accuser on the defensive. The specific excuse or deflection will change, but it's always the same move.

Once you realize it's happening you can see it in literally every reply. None of them actually address the arguments or the facts. They all change the subject, usually by clumsily trying to put the accuser on the defensive. The specific excuse or deflection will change, but it's always the same move.
Sort of like how they keep bringing up Hillary, as Trump does, when that's in the past for us?

All of this about no principles, and yet only one MoFo actually presented a personal video they made about their entire historical worldview this year

The West

By FrastromoFranko

Sort of like how they keep bringing up Hillary, as Trump does, when that's in the past for us?
Honey, I'm just having fun. You made that post as a solid fact, when it is clearly your opinion. As far as Yoda's post that you quoted and replied to, I may be wrong, but when he keeps saying "them/they", he is referring to Nostro's posts, not all of us literally. Again, I may be wrong . . .

Yoda will correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, as far as the past is concerned, I consider that entire insane election the past. Personally, I am just waiting to see what happens. That's really all we can do. I'd sooner shoot the ***** about movies and music. Again, I was just teasing you with my posts. Besides, as far as we are concerned, you brought her up first. I was just looking for David Letterman's joke on Shreded Wheat by Hillary.

Destiny, I appreciate your etiquette. I apologize, and specifically wanted to avoid targeting your posts. While we may disagree, I'm glad we can be civilized about it.

Destiny, I appreciate your etiquette. I apologize, and specifically wanted to avoid targeting your posts. While we may disagree, I'm glad we can be civilized about it.
No need to apologize, and thank you very much. I truly appreciate your kind words.

Welcome to the human race...
"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

"This is not Trump’s America!" Passengers rejoice when man accused of racism is kicked off flight

“Goooodbyeee raaacists!”

That was the blunt — and unquestionably sarcastic — message one heated passenger delivered to a man and a woman as they were being kicked off a United Airlines flight Saturday evening for causing a disturbance that was blamed on racist comments.

The confrontation on Flight 1113 from Chicago to Houston began several minutes earlier, when a Pakistani man and woman wearing traditional clothing were boarding the plane, according to VHF affiliate KHOU.

As the couple placed their bags in an overheard bin, a male passenger — who was not identified by the airline — asked the couple if they had a bomb in their luggage, another passenger sitting nearby told KHOU.

“That’s not a bomb in your bag, is it?” the man said, according to the passenger who was not identified by KHOU. The passenger added that the couple did not immediately hear the comment, which prompted the man to repeat his remark.

KHOU reported that a woman sitting nearby alerted a flight attendant, which led other passengers to also complain about the man’s questions. When the Indian American boyfriend of the woman who alerted the attendant complained, a heated exchange followed.

“The person ahead of us turned around and asked where my boyfriend was from; my boyfriend said it’s none of your business,” the woman told KHOU. “At that point he said all illegals and all foreigners need to leave the country.”

Cellphone footage of the incident shows the man saying all the “illegals” need to kicked off the plane, moments before the man and woman are asked to collect their belongings and exit the aircraft.

“I didn’t say anything,” the man protested, shrugging.

^^^ All you ignorant Trumpets send your hate Tweets to United Airlines ; )

“Happy flight home,” he added seconds later while his female companion holds her middle finger up to the person filming. “I hope you stay there.”

“Get out of here,” a woman responded. “Racists aren’t welcome in America! This is not Trump’s America!”

“Goooodbyeee raaacists!” the woman added.

“Hey, I’ll come back, but you’ll be gone,” the man said as he walked away.

Jonathan Guerin, a United Airlines spokesman, told The Washington Post the man and woman understood why they were asked to leave the plane and calm down. They were placed on a later flight bound for Houston, but Guerin said he didn’t know if the Texas city was their final destination.

“We removed two passengers for making others feel uncomfortable on the flight and for saying some inappropriate things to customers on the flight,” Guerin said, noting that removing customers from flights because of disruptive behavior is exceedingly rare.

“Most customers appreciate a place where they feel safe and where they’re not going to be attacked and we want to provide that,” he added.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/‘th...KNh?li=BBnb7Kz

Meanwhile, in the White House.........

Trump administration rolls back protections for transgender students

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...zrE?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump campaign team showed him positive coverage to control Twitter habits: report

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...6Gq?li=BBnb7Kz

Still trying to figure out how Hillary had the government, the liberal education system, the national media, the entertainment industry in her pocket, AND was handed the script to the debates... and still lost! Nobody has talked about that on here. A candidate who rigged everything, and still lost, it's pretty funny
What's funny about it? That entire election was a joke and both candidates were jokes. I didn't vote for either. I find it sad and pathetic that either candidate would resort to lying/rigging to try to win. This was the worst election I've ever seen--two clowns with no right to be president. A truly sad commentary on how far our society and country have fallen.

This is why I don't like speaking to Trump supporters: they just ASSUME that any of us who hate Trump are Hillary supporters, "Libtards", "Democrats", etc. I'm none of those things, thank you very much.

What's funny about it? That entire election was a joke and both candidates were jokes. I didn't vote for either. I find it sad and pathetic that either candidate would resort to lying/rigging to try to win. This was the worst election I've ever seen--two clowns with no right to be president. A truly sad commentary on how far our society and country have fallen.

This is why I don't like speaking to Trump supporters: they just ASSUME that any of us who hate Trump are Hillary supporters, "Libtards", "Democrats", etc. I'm none of those things, thank you very much.
You like Bernie Sanders?

-crosses fingers-

I would also like to point out (since the subject is now coming about on this thread) that I've seen VERY few defenses of Trump that actually just defend the man on his own merits. It's almost always: "Oh, yeah? But Hillary did this" and "Obama was worse" and other deflections.

You know what? What any other president or presidential candidate did is IRRELEVANT. Why? Because TRUMP is our current president and this is HIS responsibility. Deflecting to other people is not a valid defense in my book. Those people are gone. These are TRUMP's decisions--TRUMP's choices. If people are so happy with and confident in him why are 99% of the defenses all about "Hillary did worse" and "Obama started it"? It's IRRELEVANT as to who started it and yes--it IS irrelevant.

People are judging Trump based upon his handling of situations. That is EXACTLY how his defenders should be handling it. All these comparisons. All this deflection. If you ask me, I don't believe that many of his supporters have actual confidence in the man. It seems to be more of a collective sigh of relief because they're happy that Hillary didn't win and Obama is out. I do not believe that many of his supporters are fully confident in the man--they just feel (in their opinion) that "things are better than they were before". Why else would they have to deflect so often?

Imagine this deflection defense applied to something else in life like a work situation:

-A man is caught stealing office supplies from his workplace. His defense is: "Yeah, but Sally stole way more than I did!" What sort of defense is that? That's how many of those Trump supporter "Defenses" sound like to me. It's not a defense. It's trying to find excuses.