Famous Brits

Tools    

Stephen Hendry?

There may not be any other guesses, so we'll move along. Y'all had some good answers, and you sure nailed the sport (snooker). But rather than a Scotsman (Hendry) or an Irishman (Higgins), it's an Englishman from West Midlands named Ronnie O'Sullivan, OBE.

O'Sullivan is considered by many to be the best of all time, and a genius as well. He's a bit of a bad boy. That, along with his looks, made me believe he likely was a popular British ladies' heart throb...

Stirch is our forum Brit expert, so she can go next.

~Doc

If you know this why no answer?
Once in awhile I'll recognize a picture right away. But if it's only been posted for a few minutes (or even a few hours) I don't like to answer until others have had a chance to mull it over or to participate; especially so in these categories that take some time for the OP to dig up a subject.

In this case it doesn't look like anyone is playing. So I'll say that it's the composer Gustav Holst. In recent times his most recognizable piece is the orchestral suite, The Planets (1918).

Once in awhile I'll recognize a picture right away. But if it's only been posted for a few minutes (or even a few hours) I don't like to answer until others have had a chance to mull it over or to participate; especially so in these categories that take some time for the OP to dig up a subject.

In this case it doesn't look like anyone is playing. So I'll say that it's the composer Gustav Holst. In recent times his most recognizable piece is the orchestral suite, The Planets (1918).
Certainly a German sounding name Doc.

Bingo! Yes, it's the Scottish microbiologist Alexander Fleming, who discovered penicillin, and deservedly won the Nobel Prize (not to mention saving millions of lives).

You're up, Spook.