The Underdog that you'll be rooting for at the Oscars...

Tools    

What Oscar nominee does your brain tell you won't win, but your heart desperately wants to succeed? Which underdog are you rooting for on Sunday evening?

Best Pic. I think LOTR will win and I'd be happy if it did, but I'm rooting for Moulin Rouge on this one.

Best Director. It's between Altman or Howard, though I think Peter Jackson did the best job. But I'd love to see David Lynch steal it from under their noses. Does David Lynch even attend the Oscars?

Best Actor. Everyone's saying Russel or Denzel but I'm rooting for the Fresh Prince. His was the best performance of the year and I can't believe everyone's ruling him out.

Best Actress. Spacek or Berry? But I'd love to see Nicole Kidman win it. Tom Cruise and Penelope are attending and you just know the camera will stick to them if she manages to win. It'll be quite a scene.

Best Supporting Actor. I think Ian McKellan will win. But I'm hoping for Jim Broadbent. Moulin Rouge and Iris? He deserves something.

Best Supporting Actress. Kate Winslet has been there enough times and her Iris turn was fabulous. Jennifer Connelly's performance was one note. Give it to Kate already.

Randy Newman, Harry Potter's score and Amelie for best screenplay are my other outside hopes.

What are yours?

Best Pic: I would really love to see LOTR: FOTR, but I doubt it will win... I would consider that to be a bit of an underdog b/c it's not a traditional 'best picture'. Moulin Rouge would be cool.

Best Director: I'm a big David Lynch fand and would love to see him get this one.

Best Actor: Gotta agree with ya on Will Smith.

Best Actress: Amen on Kidman, if only to see Cruises reaction.

Best Supporting Actor: No real opinion on this one.

Best Supporting Actress: Haven't really seen enough of these movies to give an opinio.

1. In the Bedroom
2. David Lynch
3. Will Smith
4. Halle Berry. She gave the best performance, male or female, that I saw last year.
5. Ben Kingsley. Since Steve Buscemi got f--ked out of his nomination.
6. Jennifer Connelly. I know she'll win, but I don't think I've seen all the movies listed for that category. Marisa Tomei was good though.

Now With Moveable Parts
Did you all see Sexy Beast? I'm rooting for Ben.

I don't know. I don't know if LOTR is the underdog or favorite in some categories. Needless to say, if you consider LOTR to be an underdog in any category, that's the underdog I'm rooting for. Oh, and I hope very dearly that Moulin Rouge does NOT win, no matter what. I can live with A Beautiful Mind taking Best Picture over LOTR...but not MR. I'd die.

I take it you didn't like Moulin Rouge, TWT?

Oohhhhh Sadey Lady! I am hitting myself in the head for having forgotten ole' Ben... I wasn't as impressed with the movie as I had hoped to be, but Kingsley was amazing!!!

Best Picture:
Moulin Rouge

Best Actress:
Nicole Kidman

Best Supporting Actor:
Ian McKellen

Best Supporting Actress:
Maggie Smith

Best Director:
Lynch, Jackson or Scott.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Underdog IS pretty cool...

But I really don't care too much about the Oscars this year, since Ghost World and Memento are not up for Best Picture, but I hope Dezel Washington or Will Smith beat all the honky crackers in the Best actor field and I hope that Moulin Rouge loses every catergory it's in.

Ghost World for best adapted screenplay
Memento for best original screenplay

and that's the bottom line...'cause Monkeypunch said so!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

B&W
1. _________ (Screw them all if LOTR doesn't get it)
2. David Lynch
3. Will Smith or Dezel Washington
4. Halle Berry or Nicole Kidman (but she's hardly an underdog)
5. _________ (don't really care)
6. _________ (ditto)