Star Wars Sux!

Tools    

Lucas co-created the character of Indiana Jones and the basic idea, but Stevie Spielberg directed all three of 'em, and they hire screenwriters to turn their ideas into actual scripts (Lawrence Kasdan wrote Raiders of the Lost Ark).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!

Where would Harrison Ford be if he hadn't played Indiana Jones and Han Solo???
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
The world's first 10 hour commercial... and you have to pay to watch it. Something's backwards.

Toose
You don't like Star Wars, Matt?

Be honest Chris. It used to have a cult following like Star Trek. Now it's so heavliy commercialized that I can't find myself caring about the story anymore. It's almost like the story has become secondary. Anakin as divine spawn of the force is just ludicrous.

Well, I do agree that was a little whacked out; but I'm holding out to see if that's explained any further. There may be more to it. Yeah, it's had its ups and downs, but the three original films are MIND-BLOWING. I even though Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was pretty good...not as bad as many thought. And, let me tell you, everything I'm reading about Episode II tells me it's gonna be a GREAT movie...so get ready for it.

The story is gonna see a big leap forward in the next two flicks, I believe. I think we'll see some genuinely deep concepts put forth. I'm giddy.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
Anakin as divine spawn of the force is just ludicrous.
That IS true.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just wish the original 3 were on DVD, but NOT the Special Editions. I wanna see the Star Wars films I saw when I was a kid, outdated special effects and all. Just like I really wish they hadn't Special Edition-ized E.T., because I watched my old VHS copy, and there's really nothing wrong with it. It's a classic. I just hope they don't add in a too skinny Jabba the Hutt anywhere....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You dont like SW? Your not a film fan at all!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Are you trying to say we must all like the same thing?

I'm heavily restraining what I really want to say here

Well all film fans I know love Star Wars. It defines Science Fiction.

B&W
Who cares cause,

STAR WARS SUX!!!

Not liking star wars is a sin, Ben and Willie, your just joking right?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite of the three, easily. But I enjoy the other three in varying degrees. I loved Phantom Menace's pictures, the original's excitement, Jedi's scenes with Jabba. So, I disagree with B&W, but....

You dont like SW? Your not a film fan at all!
This is a silly thing to say. The guy's entitled to his own opinion, however misinformed he may be.

B&W
Not liking star wars is a sin, Ben and Willie, your just joking right?
The film sux. How can you not see it?

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Umm.....I think we're pretty aware of the fact that you think it sucks, but you haven't actually explained why.

For me, I'm thankful that they released the S.E. in theatres (what was it....maybe 2 or 3 years ago?). I don't think that it had the same impact that it would've seeing it when it was first released, in the theatre, but it still felt pretty damn close