Ideas for a John Carpenter political thriller w/Kurt Russell as lead?

Tools    

So, yesterday I was watching the Big Trouble In Little China commentary track with Kurt Russell and Jon Carpenter, and outside of being hilarious it also got relatively political. They both quipped about how an Asian advocacy group, a liberal organization, complained about the film being racist because there is a white lead in an Asian movie (Before the movie even came out). John Carpenter took offense to that and asked his Chinese actors if he did anything wrong to which they replied "No, everything's fine." Well both of them got to laughing about politics and then Kurt Russell said "you know what? Me and you should do some sort of political satire one of these days" to which John agreed.

Now, I don't really want this question to be about liberal vs conservative viewpoints regarding Big Trouble In Little China, rather I want to know some ideas you guys/gals have about a John Carpenter political satire with Kurt Russell as the lead.

The track was recorded in the year 2000 and there hasn't been a film like that made by either of them yet.

(I pointed out the advocacy group being liberal because John Carpenter said "you know sometimes it's the left instead of the right at times". In no way am I trying to insert my own bias.I just wanted to provide background to the question)

Aw heck, I dunno. Kinda hard to spitball something like that. Any chance we can just find out more about what they had in mind?

Russell seems like he'd be able to pull that off, for sure. Carpenter is a weirder fit.

Also answers to Jabba
Russell reprising his role as Elvis, who after having faked his own death, reemerges. Upon reappearance, Americans are so excited that they elect him president -which is not even farfetched given their history. Conspiracy theories, political satire weaved in the very plot and a surprise sequel to one of Carpenter's lesser known films.

If you listen to Kurt's real life political view points, the man is brilliant! To me he is the most qaulified celebrity or politician to actually be president. If politics were even real of course. And not a clever fixed game that exists only to destract and divide us. If they made a film with a political tie in, hopefully it would be like Erin Brokovich. Kurt plays a farmer whose entire town is taken hostage by oil fracking. As terrible Carpenter things happen, he finds out the politicians and business men are all part of a dark secret fraternity. With the intent of morally and physically destroying America. The only thing stopping them, a badass farmer with a shotgun and too much willpower

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Don't care as long as something like this plays every time Kurt Russell is onscreen.