Angelina Jolie, too skinny!

Tools    

Photoshop is the one your looking for

and quit rite.
Yes, but c'mon it's 2010. CS5!

haha you snob , I'm still using CS3. I have to say, the features unveiled at the launch of CS5 were pretty damn awesome. If I had the money...< not that I pay for software anyway actually. Not yet anyway, I will when I can afford it lol.

Photoshop is the one your looking for
No, I meant Paint Shop Pro. You can change your skin tone, minus wrinkles, alter the shape of your face and figure, etc . . . I'll assume the other does the same, but I named what I have, and what I have used.

Of course the only point I'm trying to make, is that no matter how young or great they look, those magazine photos have been altered. I really don't care what they use.

No, I meant Paint Shop Pro. You can change your skin tone, minus wrinkles, alter the shape of your face and figure, etc . . . I'll assume the other does the same, but I named what I have, and what I have used.
I always though Paint Shop Pro was just a Raster graphics editor. Meh, if you say so, it must have been revamped with loads of new features. I remember using it back in my early days doing graphics design when all it was good for was 'colouring in'.

But since you said "Photos of famous people' No professional would use paint shop pro, not least the magazine companies who probably don't even use the rite platform to run paint shop pro. trust me, PS is the one they use.

Well, yeah, Photoshop is the most powerful. Paint Shop Pro's a nice alternative for someone who needs a fair amount of features, but nothing incredible, and can do without the price tag. I've used PSP for years and it's perfect for everything I need to do. I tend to think it has a smaller learning curve, too. Or, at least, some of the older versions did. Not sure how it is now.

Exactly.
Paint = Consumer
Paint Shop Pro = Prosumer
Photoshop = Professional

You need the know how too, its amazing how many kids have downloaded copies of photoshop on their computers for the sake of it. An educated Paint shop user can do a hell of alot more than a novice Photoshoper.

I suppose the price tag is ok as people tend to just download it anyway lol

I read members talking about photo-shop, and I believe my original photo of Angelina was not photo-shopped. Though, I do admit, the lighting wasn't all that flattering, but the fact remains....she's underweight.

There was a news report on how Tyra 'crazy' Banks had been so taken by this model, who to me, looked like she was ready to keel over. The fashion industry perpetuates this image of wafer thin models, and by doing so, starts a chain reaction of young women starving themselves. I'm not suggesting that you should go out and eat a box of donuts, but, what I am saying! A healthly eating program...not a diet!!! Plus, exercise, that leads to a toned body, and for women, it's always beneficial to add weights into their exercise program. As it will might fight off osteoporosis, later in life.

It's true, ....beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though, when we as a community hold up, Angelina Jolie, as a thing of beauty, then we as a community should have a real hard look at ourselves.

I actually blame the magazines, press and celebrity blogers more than agencies. There shockingly critical of anyone in the spot light. Whether its Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole looking like there about keel over or 'Jennifer Aniston' "looking a bit chunky in this weeks addition of heat magazine" Every page is about whats wrong with woman, any wonder it sends young woman into a paranoid frenzy about what could be wrong with their bodies.

Take that talentless idiot Perez Hilton hilton who regularly pops at V.Beckhams weight but will be the first to attack anyone who packs on a few pounds.

cant have the press snapping photos of you eating? Maybe its the celebrities themselves who fold to the press and their unrealistic, and unfair demands.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Quite is the one you're looking for.

I think she's attractive, but yes she does look skinny in several of those pictures. To me it's about proportion as it is with most people whether they know it or not. Essentially a guy has to be taller than a female for her to find him attractive and a girl has to be "littler" than a guy in order for him to find her attractive ... on the whole. Otherwise girls feel butch and guys feel like Barney Fife.

I like short petite/athletic girls because I'm not tall. So most of those super models and such would never give me a boner because for me they are way too tall and tall chicks are unattractive.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Semper Fooey
Help the starving actresses of Hollywood! Adopt one today. And for your weekly food care package, you will receive a letter from your "actress" saying how much she appreciates the extra bags of pork rinds.

Yeah, many years ago, this guy used Paint Shop Pro on one of my photos. He warped the top of my head like an alien. It was hilarious looking. I wish I still had it.

Semper Fooey
I don't see that she is too thin.
Oh-oh.

Many years ago on Sixty minutes there was this girl in her teens suffering from anorexia and they showed her actual pictures of women who were just liberated from concentration camps, practically skeletons. and they asked her if she thought they looked too thin and her answer was, "No, they look just right."

Oh-oh.

Many years ago on Sixty minutes there was this girl in her teens suffering from anorexia and they showed her actual pictures of women who were just liberated from concentration camps, practically skeletons. and they asked her if she thought they looked too thin and her answer was, "No, they look just right."
Anorexia is a terrible disease that I would not wish on anyone. I have seen many of my friends have to be hospitalized because of either anorexia or bulemia. It is so sad how these girls and women see there bodies.

Anorexia is a terrible disease that I would not wish on anyone. I have seen many of my friends have to be hospitalized because of either anorexia or bulemia. It is so sad how these girls and women see there bodies.
Juno you say shes not too skinny, then you say youve lost friends to eating disorders, then I see youve 4000 posts since June 7 and I then realize youll say anything at all. This is exactly why I could never be a mod.

Juno you say shes not too skinny, then you say youve lost friends to eating disorders, then I see youve 4000 posts since June 7 and I then realize youll say anything at all. This is exactly why I could never be a mod.
To be fair, Juno is only contradicting herself if she in fact believes Angelina is 'unhealthily skinny' or 'too skinny' Which based on the post below, implies she doesn't.

Originally Posted by JunoMacGuff

Ok sorry if I came across too harsh. Dont know how much skinnier Jolie would have to get though if shes not there now. Seriously she could body double as a drained corpse in some horror flick!

Not even in these photos? . . .

Actually, I don't know that she's too thin in those photos.

She's too thin, for me, but that's not the same as being too thin. I think most actresses/models/famous women look too thin, but while that may be true, it doesn't mean they're unhealthy. Also, it's not odd that Juno thinks she doesn't look too thin, as I'm sure that most people who are in or want to be in that world don't think she looks too thin. That's normal. Desirable. Necessary, even.

As for the pic, her arms don't look good, but that's not because they're too thin, but because of the lack of elasticity of her skin. That's why the older you get, you need a little bit of fat to 'fill out' and you'll look better. When I first saw that pic, I thought it might be Kate Beckensale. She's another who I think often looks 'too thin' but, for reasons I don't understand beyond women liking her and not selling as many copies as Jolie will, she not only gets away with it, but is often held up as some vision of naturalness (which is ridiculous, considering the amount she's had done.)

Secondly, she doesn't appear to have, what I call, "lollipop head". That is, her head doesn't look too big for her body, which is usually a dead giveaway that someone's too thin. That, or has an enormous head.