The PPR Jungle

Tools    

In the Beginning...
I drafted Steve Smith and then traded him early on to TONGO for DeSean Jackson. Somehow he ended up a waiver wire dump, so today I've welcomed him back to my squad.

Also, interestingly, I'm going to oversee two of my players in person this week (Nick Foles and DeSean Jackson), as I'll be attending the Vikings-Eagles game on Sunday in Minnesota. My dad and I, both huge Vikings fans, are flying up to visit family and go to the game.

In the Beginning...
Welp, you're never going to win when Jamaal Charles racks up almost 200 yards receiving (wtf?) and five touchdowns. It's not official yet, but looks like my run is over. It was fun while it lasted. Kudos to the Bastard Sons.

At least there's one silver lining: I got to watch the Vikings dismantle the Eagles in person today. Awesome.

Sleezy,

This league gives me a heart attack every year. Sleezy great game.

Sleezy,

This league gives me a heart attack every year. Sleezy great game.
Whoa dude! Youre first post! Awesome.

Definitely postworthy as the two favorites in the league this season to go to the finals, both lost last weekend. Rikers Beard fell victim to Jamaal Charles freak total last week, Beard 144.12 to Brady Sons 186.96, and Bradys Bastard Son advances.

The Loose Seals fell victim to JustinJiraffes Los Polos Hermanos. Seals 112.90 to Hermanos 127.20, and for the first time ever, EVER, we have a coach in the final in both the Jungle and MoFo league. Seals were definite favorites throughout the year, but Toby Gerhart was slotted, Jimmy Graham got less than 5 points, and it cost him everything. Sorry Patrick though its another strong showing from you.

Bradys Bastard Son 7-6 (Joshua, 2011 Jungle Champion)
vs
Los Polos Hermanos 8-5 (Justin, fantasy football ringer )

QB - The reason the Bastards record is so mediocre is because of Tom Brady. Too many bad games the first half of the season. Bastards got better when they switched in Andy Dalton depending on the matchup. Problem is, Joshua has Brady slotted (@ Bal) with Dalton (vs Min) benched. Maybe its because he named his team after Brady and he feels obliged to, Idk.

Hermanos, like in the MoFo league, has Andrew Luck. Lucks got a tough matchup (@ KC). So neither guys have an ideal matchup here. Dead even.

WR1 - Hermanos have a very near concussed Larry Fitzgerald with what has been described by the experts as a nightmarish matchup (@ Sea). Bastards have Antonio Brown (@ GB) Advantage Bastards

WR2 - Bastards have Kendall Wright (@ Jac). Thats a great matchup there! Hermanos has Josh Gordon (@ NYJ), and thats a greaterer one Advantage Hermanos

RB1 - No mystery Bastards have Jamaal Charles (vs Ind). Jamaal Charles is probably the most played player in all the chamionship games in FFB this season. With his matchup he may win it for the majority of those owners (Ironically Im facing Justin in the final in MoFo and he has Charles there).

Justin doesnt have Charles here though, but has Eddie Lacy (vs Pit). Lacys great and should be a great earner in FFB and the NFL. Charles should destroy him. Advantage Bastard

RB2 - Things even out more nicely with this slot. Bastard has Rashad Jennings (@ SD) and Hermanos has Andre Brown (@ Det). Gotta go with Jennings in this matchup as Jennings got 25 points last week vs KC. Advantage Bastards

TE - Bastards have Jason Witten (@ Was) vs Hermanos Jacob Tamme (@ Hou). Ouch. Advantage Bastards

Swing - Bastards have Shane Vereen (@ Bal) to Hermanos Keenan Allen (vs Oak). Definitely Advantage Hermanos

K - Bastards have Stephen Gostkowski (@ Bal) vs Hermanos Nick Novak (vs Oak). Baltimores tough. I say Advantage Hermanos

Def - Bastards have San Francisco (vs Atl) and Hermanos have Kansas City (vs Ind). In all honesty I think this slots gonna turn out Dead even

So I say Bradys Bastard Son should win this one, Joshua probably will become our 1st two time champion, but this they say is why they play the games.......

Let the night air cool you off
My line-up will be drastically different from that analysis, but I will probably fall victim to Jamaal Charles here in the Jungle anyway.

Well Jiraffe won in a blowout in the other league

The Jungle league though, not quite. Presently Joshuas BBS has 92.18 with Vernon Davis & San Fran going tomorrow. Jiraffes LPH has 113.34 with Brandon Marshall going tonight.

Will this be the first time someone wins in both leagues the same year, or will it be the first time the Jungle has a two time champion?!

JustinJiraffe is the 2013 PPR Jungle Champion!!!

A two league sweep by a first year newcomer in both leagues. JJ you now have the right to be commissioner next season in the Jungle. Unless you dont want to be and then Dionne would repeat, or whichever.

Los Pollos Hermanos

Andrew Luck

Josh Gordon

Brandon Marshall

Eddie Lacy

Andre Ellington

Scott Chandler (Was Chandler your TE all year JJ?)

Keenan Allen

Larry Fitzgerald

Nick Novak

Kansas City Chiefs

Some intersting observations. If anyone told me before the 2013 season that ^^^^ THAT squad would win the championship I'd have said they were out of their mind. PPR is the great equalizer and chaos factor all rolled into one Anyone can have a real shot at winning it all.

Great job Justin

The MoFo Fantasy Football league is full at 14 members, so its that time!! Its that time to make the 2014 PPR Jungle overflow league and whoever else we can beg in to happen! OH PARTY TIME!

league champions
2010 TONGO
2011 Ironhorse (Joshua) I came in 2nd.
2012 7thson (Dionne) I came in 2nd again! Augh!
2013 jirraffejustin (Justin) I came in 3rd. Oh Im sorry Im talking about myself, but dayum....

Right now 7thson is commissioner as he won the 2012 league. Every time someone wins the league they have a right to be commissioner. jirraffejustin won last year in 2013 but doesnt want to be commish, so either Dionne (7thson) will repeat or Ill be the commish again.

Other than commissioner, those that win the league get nothing

Wow what a sales pitch. You want to play some PPR fantasy football?! PPR means 1 Point Per Reception so wide receivers are worth ALOT more than normal, RBs that catch often even moreso.

We play a RB/WR flex slot rather than the traditional 3 WRs. If I become commish Ill change that to include tight ends, or maybe Dionne will do it.

Let the night air cool you off
I never answered your question about Chandler being my tight end all last season for some reason. The answer: Nope. I switched TEs a lot last season I think. I can't really remember.

Since I was commish last recently you can take the spot Tongs.

Thank you sir.

My first act since regaining commissioner was accidentally making it a keeper league on renewal I about crapped but figured out how to switch it back. Whew!

So far theres 5 in...

1. The KWAN (Me, 2010 champions. Hey I still remember at least.)
2. Bradys Bastard Son (Joshua, 2011 champions)
3. Los Pollos Hemanos (Justin, 2013 champions...hey I think theres a pattern here)
4. Green Goblins (Teeter_G)
5. Devastators (My buddy Fred)

I sent your invite to the same email used last year. Any email changes yall please let me know.

Remember folks, all trade requests and announcements and Jungle football banter is all done in this thread.

Also the Live Draft is Sun Aug 31 1:00pm EDT. Unless anyone cant make it or has a problem with it I thought it best to draft right up to the last minute so max info's available on the players going into the regular season.

In the Beginning...
I'm most likely going to sit this league out this year. I've got a lot on my plate, so one team for me is enough. But to anyone thinking of signing up, this is a really fun league. Highly recommended.

All right then!

7. Jefes De Fuego (Spudracer/Kent) has rejoined, and

8. Adam's Super Pigeons (Adam) has too.