Best Tim Burton Film

Tools    

Big Fish is my favorite of his movies. You'll probably see me talk about it a lot lol. It's different from the majority of his movies, a lighter, happier atmosphere that's still decidedly "Burton".

It'd be close between Edward Scissorhands and Batman for me. I've only seen Beetle Juice once and I remember it was being very good, but I don't usually fully decide how much I like a film until I've seen it a few times.

And Lisa Marie, damn... I should become rich and famous.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Ed Wood is easily his greatest film. A fantastic cinematic achievement, featuring one of Johnny Depp's greatest performances.

But...

My personal favourite (remember, "favourite" isn't the same as "best") is undoubtedly Batman Returns. Even though he didn't invent any of the characters, I think it's up there with Edward Scissorhands and Beetlejuice as one of the most quintessential Burton films. It's certainly one of the most "Burtonesque" - a beautifully twisted exercise in self-indulgence, the film will drive comic book fans up the wall with it's inaccuracies. I love the Caligari-style architecture and total bizarreness of it all (penguins with rocket launchers!!). Sure, it's not a "proper" Batman film, and fans of the comic book character would probably hate it - but fans of Burton himself would love it. My favourite superhero film of all time.

can i see it? please? why not!
I'm a big fan of movies that give you that surreal feeling by the end of it ..and Burtons movies are always good for that.

Edward Scissorhands was probably the best of his for that ..Sleepy Hollow was good aswell.

big fish was I feel one of his best, interesting concept & any movie with Billy Crudup in it is great.

Lost in never never land
I tend to like most Tim Burton films. I would have to say that my favorite is Edward Scissorhands. Just the style that the film was shot in was brilliant. Especially what Burton did with the colors in that film.

I love the visual style of Edward Scissorhands and Batman, both of which bring to mind the best of expressionist filmmaking.

Unfortunately, beyond the visual style, there's not much to recommend them. And the rest of his films can't even claim that much. OVERRATED

Originally Posted by Purandara88
I love the visual style of Edward Scissorhands and Batman, both of which bring to mind the best of expressionist filmmaking.

Unfortunately, beyond the visual style, there's not much to recommend them. And the rest of his films can't even claim that much. OVERRATED

YOUR OVERRATED!!!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I am Jack's sense of overused quote

Visual style is pretty much all Tim Burton is about.

Ed Wood easily. Then probaly Big Fish.

Batman and Batman returns. Only cuz im a comic freak.
But all his movies are great. I realy liked Big Fish

Originally Posted by gohansrage
Visual style is pretty much all Tim Burton is about.
That's nice, but having a visual style does not in and of itself make you good. There has to be something else there or all you're producing is empty cinematic calories.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
That's nice, but having a visual style does not in and of itself make you good. There has to be something else there or all you're producing is empty cinematic calories.
And what's wrong with empty cinematic calories every now and again? Sometimes you don't want to see a film that makes you go "hmmm" and ponder the whole of human existance. Sometimes you just want Pee Wee's Big Adventure!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Time is short and films are long: there are way too many great movies to waste time on the mediocre ones.

I agree with Monkeyboy, sometimes I like a bit of fluff or just pure enjoyment without the ponderings

Thehottestlovehasthecolde stend.
Edward Scissor Hands & A Nightmare Before Christmas

top 3 are

Edward Scissorhands
Batman
Big Fish

It is so hard to say, but I will go with Edward Scissorhands, because, who doesn't love that movie?