Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
Saving Private Ryan

The English Patient

Johann von Goethe

Powder

i would have to say grave of the fireflies was it for me.

Originally Posted by Midknight
i would have to say grave of the fireflies was it for me.
I've heard about this movie....

is it easily available in the us?

i dont know what the saddest movie ive seen is but the contenders are House of flying daggers and (i know the movie is based on a book but) Watership down i know there are way better ones but i cant think of them right now

i just saw grave of the fireflies...

wow....that is one sad movie.

I recently saw "All About Love" and although the story is pretty much not capable of really happening I found the story so overly fragile that is was a serious tear-jerker for me.

have no fear, CPMan is here..
The Alamo, when Davy Crockett died..
Ladder 49,
WARNING: "Ladder 49" spoilers below
Jack Morrison's funeral
(i tell you, 'twas teh music!!)
Braveheart

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
21 grams,the assassination of richard nixon,the elephant man,american history x, requiem for a dream,braveheart,forrest gump

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Well, to be perfectly honest I never cry or get sad...but using my girlfreind as a basis I would have to say that the notebook was pretty sad.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Opie Wayne
Well, to be perfectly honest I never cry or get sad...but using my girlfreind as a basis I would have to say that the notebook was pretty sad.

Shush, say no more, Mr. Sensitive… it's going to be Okay and one day, your day will come when you stop experiencing the world through your girlfriend's sad eyes and the comfort from the tears on her pillows.

There are no words...

Originally Posted by susan
schindler's list
Definitly. Schindler's List always makes me shed a tear.

Life is Beautiful- whole thing is sad

E.T. -
WARNING: "" spoilers below
the scene where E.T. and Elliot are on the tables dying and they are sharing eachother's pain.
So so so sad

The Pianist-
the scene after Spielman loses his family at the train station always gets me upset and tearful.

Platoon-
The speech that Taylor gives at the end of the film always makes me cry.

Braveheart- the "Freedom" scene

Originally Posted by Opie Wayne
What the.......using your girl as a basis? That's not allowed. Now spill it and tell us when you cried during a movie.

Actually for me, one of the saddest films or scene I ever saw was "House of Sand and Fog".

WARNING: "House of Sand and Fog" spoilers below
When he killed his wife and suffocated himself after loosing their son.

I have seen very few movies that actually made me cry, but one of the saddest movies that I ever did see that did make me cry, believe it or not, was Flight 93, a made for t.v. movie that was aired repeatedly by A&E. Now I hear a new movie called United 93 is coming to the theatres soon, which is about the same incident, United Fight 93 which was hijacked, and crashed in the woods, instead of it's likely target-the White House, thanks to the passengers and crew of the flight, on September 11.

If you have kids, the saddest movie is Testament (1983). This movie frickin' killed me.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
5. Mr Smith Goes to Washington

It was uplifting that Smith won. But right before he passes out, when the world seemed against him. He would not back down from what was right. He fought to the end. I weep. Hooray for democracy.

4. Life is Beautiful

Ugh. The end. Ugh.

3. Mystic River

I didn't really like this movie. But when Sean Penn found his daughter, I almost lost it.

2. ET

Why couldn't he stay with Elliot?! Elliot would have loved him!

1. Old Yeller

THE LITTLE BOY SHOT HIS DOG!!!! God, that is so sad.

Donnie Darko was a bit upsetting for me, especially at the end sequence where everyone wakes up and the song "Mad World" plays. That seemed a bit sad to me.

Dude ... Pay it Foward was pretty damn sad.... And Armagedon (might of spelt that wrong).

The perfect storm ... all the crow passed away .. so depressive