What would you suggest?

Tools    

I'm looking for a new tv series that's on dvd to watch. I've been watching Dexter, True Blood, and I watched the first season of GoT.
I'm into raunchy comedies and horror type stuff.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
What about Curb Your Enthusiasm? It's quite hilarious.

Obviously I don't know what you've seen and/or like (beyond those couple of examples), but I'd put forward:

Men Behaving Badly (UK version)
Coupling (UK version)
Absolutely Fabulous
Sex And The City
This Life
Being Human (UK version)
Gavin & Stacey
Him & Her
Ultraviolet (I'm not sure if there's a US version of this or not, but go with the UK one. Obviously, I don't mean the film)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm looking for a new tv series that's on dvd to watch. I've been watching Dexter, True Blood, and I watched the first season of GoT.
I'm into raunchy comedies and horror type stuff.
not sure if you mean new, as in recent, or new to you.

if the latter qualifies, hows about :

Yes I meant as in new to me. I'll check these out, thanks. I've got a little too much free time here and would love to pass it.

People! I sent this from my iPod

"Justified" is a great one. And "Breaking Bad". And "Arrested Development".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

They're not raunchy comedies or horror though, HP. If we're just putting out great tv, then I've got a whole mess of stuff I'd put forward.

I'll add Garth Marenghi's Dark Place to my list of suggestions. There's only 6 episodes, but you really should watch that.

"Arrested Development" certainly has crude humor, though presented in a very different way from a Tyler Perry show. And if you don't think there are elements of grisly horror in "Justified" and "Breaking Bad", perhaps we've been watching different shows? Not as bloody as "Dexter", of course, but what is? The tension and brutal violence that regularly occurs on both "Justified" and "Breaking Bad", though not perpetrated by vampires or werewolves, fits the bill. Also, the Southern-fried deep woods setting of "Justified" is similar to "True Blood". And all three shows are darkly funny, in their own ways.

But you make your recommendations, I'll make mine.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Not sure if it's on DVD yet or not, but the first 2 seasons of the Brit series Misfits is absolutely fantastic.

I was just saying the type of stuff that I really enjoy watching, I'm up for anything really. That's PG 13 and up

I did watch the first couple if episodes when Justified first came out. I appreciate all the suggestions and I'll more than likely look into them all because I've got that much time to kill.

Definitely go with the recommendation of Misfits - Series 1 and 2 are out on dvd/blu-ray, and Series 3 will be released soon once it's finished on television. Very very raunchy - mostly in dialogue, and has horror mixed into episodes, for example the one episode coming up in Britain tomorrow has zombies and looks fabulous.

Also, not out on DVD, but there is a new show at the moment called American Horror Story - filled with horror and sex apparently. Suppose to be excellent.

I didn't like it, bit cheap looking. But there was a British series called Urban Gothic on a few years back:

Dead Set was rather good, zombie mini series:

I didn't watch it, but there was a British zombie/ghost series that just finished a few months back called The Fades:

Not horror, but there is a Crime Thriller series here that just ended for good at the beginning of the year - but you have nine series if interested - called Waking The Dead. It's kind of like CSI but cold cases from the past, far darker grisly and disturbing - basically each series got more and more disturbing if you like that kind of thing. It's one of my all time favourite series.

There is a spin off show too if you end up watching and liking this called The Body Farm, but it's not as good unfortunately.

If you just want good tv, then then let me add: This Life, The Sweeney, Porridge, The Good Life, Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister, The Thick Of It, The Killing (Forbrydelsen), Wallander (both Swedish and British versions. Swedish is the better one. There's 3 films, too.) Spiral (Engrenages), Underbelly, Sledgehammer, The Wire, City Of Men, Caroline In The City, Horrible Histories (ok, it's for kids, but it's great), Buffy, Angel, Muder One, I, Claudius, Castle, Space: Above And Beyond, The Young Ones, Blackadder 2-4, Cracker, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Prime Suspect, Silent Witness, Doomwatch, The Stone Tapes, House Of Cards Trilogy (House of Cards, To Play The King, The Final Cut), Spaced, Phoenix Nights, Twin Peaks, 'Allo, 'Allo, State Of Play, Life On Mars, Ashes To Ashes, Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe, Charlie Brooker's Newswipe, How TV Ruined Your Life.

You'll probably not find it, but if you do, take a look at Cardiac Arrest.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
if Raunchy humour is your thing, can do worse than Eastbound and Down. Te saga of a washed up pro baseball player adjusting to retirement.

Definitely go with the recommendation of Misfits - Series 1 and 2 are out on dvd/blu-ray, and Series 3 will be released soon once it's finished on television. Very very raunchy - mostly in dialogue, and has horror mixed into episodes, for example the one episode coming up in Britain tomorrow has zombies and looks fabulous.

Also, not out on DVD, but there is a new show at the moment called American Horror Story - filled with horror and sex apparently. Suppose to be excellent.

I didn't like it, bit cheap looking. But there was a British series called Urban Gothic on a few years back:

Dead Set was rather good, zombie mini series:

I didn't watch it, but there was a British zombie/ghost series that just finished a few months back called The Fades:

Not horror, but there is a Crime Thriller series here that just ended for good at the beginning of the year - but you have nine series if interested - called Waking The Dead. It's kind of like CSI but cold cases from the past, far darker grisly and disturbing - basically each series got more and more disturbing if you like that kind of thing. It's one of my all time favourite series.

There is a spin off show too if you end up watching and liking this called The Body Farm, but it's not as good unfortunately.
These look fantastic also! I have been watching American Horror Story and they've got me hooked.

A few more quality programmes for you.

Zen, Luther, The Shadow Line, Mad Men, Bodies, Hill Street Blues, Six Feet Under, The Singing Detective, Oz, In Treatment, Rome, Band Of Brothers, The Soprano's, Dream On, The Ricky Gervais Show.

I can't think of anymore, atm, though Deadwood and Carnivale have a lot of fans, so I'll mention them, too.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Twin Peaks is a really good show, definitely worth watching.