Things the Movies Taught Us

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
Here's a bit of comedy about movies

1. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises wearing their most revealing underwear.

2. If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St Patrick's Day parade - at any time of the year.

3. All beds have special L-shaped top sheets that reach up to armpit level on a woman but only waist level on the man lying beside her.

4. All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French bread.

5. It's easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

6. Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.

7. The ventilation system of any building is a perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any part of the building without difficulty.

8. You're likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

9. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

10. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window of any building in Paris.

11. People on TV never finish their drinks.

12. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

13. The chief of police always shouts.

14. When paying for a taxi, never look at your wallet as you take out a note - just grab one at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.

15. If you lose a hand, it will cause thestump of your arm to grow by 6 inches.

16. Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the refrigerator door and use that light instead.

17. During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.

18. Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning, even though the husband and children never have time to eat them.

19. Cars and trucks that crash will almost always burst into flames.

20. Wearing a singlet or stripping to the waist can make a man (or woman) invulnerable to bullets.

21. A single lit match will be sufficient to light up a room the size of a football stadium.

22. If a killer is lurking in your house, it's easy to find him. Just relax and run a bath - even if it's the middle of the afternoon.

23. Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.

24. Although in the 20th century it is possible to fire weapons at an object out of visual range, people of the 23rd century will have lost this technology.

25. All single women have a cat.

What's a singlet?

A singlet is a vest.

Very funny. I've heard them before, but it's good to be reminded .

26) All head baddies will dispense with simple bullet to the head tactics, devise elaborate schemes of killing the good guys, tell them their plans, and then leave them without checking their dead.

27) Everyone has been in the special forces in Vietnam.

Originally posted by Zephyrus
18. Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning, even though the husband and children never have time to eat them.
When I still lived at home, my father actually would cook bacon, eggs and toast every morning for me, and I never ate any of it (sometimes because of time. Sometimes because I just didn't want breakfast). So, in my house at least, this one is sort of true in real life.

MovieForums Extra
Yeah, same here, sometimes I don't even have the time to eat a bowl of wheatbix before I fly out of the house (I think I have some vampire blood in me because I hate waking up, love sleeping )!!

How about this: beating up Germans and swimming alongside subs will never, ever, mess up your nicely gelled hair.

Oh, and of course: no woman will ever be unattracted - the closest you'll come is so older woman as a maid or some kind of civil servant.

Those are for all you Bond fans.

Despite just picking up a handgun off a table, the hero always has an extra magazine packed into his belt.

Conversely, the bad guy seems to run out of bullets at just the wrong time for him.