Please help me out and rate these trailers

Tools    

I posted one of these trailers in the intermission sub-forum,.. and no one gave a sh*t about my trailer .

But please watch these two trailers below and let me know which one is more effective to you as a viewer.

Thank you gals and guys so much for your time.
Aveek

I don't think either is very good. I have no idea what this film is about. A girl has no inner song. So what? Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Is the film a thriller, like the first trailer would suggest, or a romance, which the last 30 seconds of the second trailer implies? It's a tough balance, because it's easy to give away too much in a trailer, but I think you need to show what's actually happening more. I also think it was really bad to have the guy with the machine say 2 straight sentences with the word "shy" and then the next thing you hear is a speaker talking about shyness. That principle doesn't seem like a major part of the story (if it is, put a clip representing it earlier in the trailer), so it's redundant and useless.

I don't think either is very good. I have no idea what this film is about. A girl has no inner song. So what? Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Is the film a thriller, like the first trailer would suggest, or a romance, which the last 30 seconds of the second trailer implies? It's a tough balance, because it's easy to give away too much in a trailer, but I think you need to show what's actually happening more. I also think it was really bad to have the guy with the machine say 2 straight sentences with the word "shy" and then the next thing you hear is a speaker talking about shyness. That principle doesn't seem like a major part of the story (if it is, put a clip representing it earlier in the trailer), so it's redundant and useless.
That's actually an excellent review of the trailer. The story is that she of course has a song just like everybody else, but that she's so pathologically shy that the machine is unable to read her energy level. So the idea is, how do we make her less shy by the end of the movie? That's the story. But I see how someone viewing it will think "wait a minute. We were talking about songs one minute. wtf are we talking about shyness for now? wtf is this movie anyway?" I can see how someone can think that. I'll try to incorporate a few more clues next time. But it's so bloody hard to make a low budget movie seem exciting.

I'm going to stew on all the comments and emails for a week before I do anything.
Thanks again,
Aveek

Thirty year old mulberry field
Hey, ****, did you come over from indietalk? I seem to recall some stuff about this movie over there.

Anyway, I'll check out the trailers in a bit, but good luck.

Hey, ****, did you come over from indietalk? I seem to recall some stuff about this movie over there.

Anyway, I'll check out the trailers in a bit, but good luck.
I did. over there my handle is trueindie, which I am

That's actually an excellent review of the trailer. The story is that she of course has a song just like everybody else, but that she's so pathologically shy that the machine is unable to read her energy level. So the idea is, how do we make her less shy by the end of the movie? That's the story. But I see how someone viewing it will think "wait a minute. We were talking about songs one minute. wtf are we talking about shyness for now? wtf is this movie anyway?" I can see how someone can think that. I'll try to incorporate a few more clues next time. But it's so bloody hard to make a low budget movie seem exciting.

I'm going to stew on all the comments and emails for a week before I do anything.
Thanks again,
Aveek
Then you need to cohesively tie those concepts together, instead of making the first half exclusively about the song and the second exclusively about her shyness.