Favorite Godzilla Movie

Tools    

What is everybody's favorite Godzilla movie? Mine would probably have to be Godzilla vs. Mecha Godzilla.

"Godzilla 2000" would be have to be my favourite. I could of done without the whole Alien spaceship concept… The monster brawl was amusing. But if were counting the 1998 Godzilla film, that would be my over all favoured... I could of also done without the cab chase scene in the movie...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Don't know them by name but I always have loved the one where he has the baby Godzilla with him. Sooo cute.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Guardian of Red Swingline Stapler
Godzilla vs. Mothra - love those battle scenes!

I actually prefferred the cartoon Godzilla with Godzookie...what's better then a nice Godzilla that can catch missles and torpedos and save the world.

peace

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla

For me it would be a close run thing between the original B&W Godzilla film and Godzilla Vs Destroyah. Godzilla fights the same monster(s) in both and Godzilla dies in both.

I watched both the original Mechagodzilla films recently. Still good.

I liked Space Godzilla, an awesome looking monster with those huge crystals growing out of him. The plot was a bit vague at the start where it makes it look like there is some evil conspiracy about this monster coming to Earth, but it is quickly forgotten.

I watched Destroy All Monsters last Sunday and Mothra in that is a slug (larva) as in Godzilla Vs The Thing. I liked Mothra though the idea of a giant butterfly whose weapon is it's "scales" did seem strange.

godzilla vs. mothra all the way!

"Godzilla vs. Mothra" aka "Godzilla vs. The Thing" is the first Godzilla movie I can remember seeing (I was about six or so) and I love that flick. Godzilla was still a bad and sexy MF back then.

I also like the original, but want to see the re-released Japanese version (sans Raymond Burr) because I'll bet it's a lot better as originally edited.

Finally, I remember catching a bus downtown to the grindhouse to watch "Destroy All Monsters" when I was 10. It's sad that a kid can't be let out of sight nowadays, let alone travel unchaperoned for an afternoon of pure escape anymore.

The first "adult" film I saw was King Kong Vs Godzilla and I was hooked. Of course I cheered King Kong but that changed with the next Godzilla film I saw. There were two endings where Godzilla wins in the Eastern one and King Kong wins in the Western one.

I watched Godzilla:Final Wars for the second time last night and it was far better than I remember it. Now my favourite Godzilla film. It is almost non-stop action and tension and being 2004, there were great special effects (even if the storyline was based on Destroy All Monsters).

Does anyone see a resemblance between cloverfield and godzilla?